Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you made contact with your higher self?

This has allready been mentioned a bit allready, but you are allready connected to and in contact with your higher self.

If you ever get any nagging feelings that you absolutely know are right, or any other instinctual feelings that you absolutely know are right and simply can't explain why, this is a higher self contact. You can measure how well a person's contact with thier higher self is by how well thier instincts function most of the time.

What keeps most people from this is character armor and thier belief system. Often people fear the (actually quite intimate) relationship a higher self might bring because of past issues, either with parents or other loved ones, or the fact that society can often be cruel and seem to disuade you from these types of things.

oath Guest
    I get that a lot, all the time pretty much actually. Sometimes I feel I slip a little in it due to.. um what you might call ego concerns from the outide or external reflecting onto me, but I usually get rid of them fast enough to have it back again. As far as higher self, i dont know what to say, it all sounds so confusing, as if everyone is making it out to be a seperate person or something, but I do think and actively practice what could be called being in touch or tune, kinda like how on a guitar you have to make sure the strings are working properly and making the right sounds, same principle on with the self which contains any number of aspects that can be off, such as the elements not properly being in balance, or just plain old ego concerns like peer pressure from the outside world like I mentioned.

Blog Entries
    I worried when I saw the question: how do you answer that? Then PHG posted and I understood that you didn't have to have actually met an entity called Higher Self. Phew.

Sometimes, I'm just peaceful. I know everything will be okay even if there's no reason to feel that way. I think that's Higher Self at work. Perhaps it's also when it all just flows: the right words, right ideas, artistic inspiration, humour, asking the right questions and knowing things you didn't know you knew.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Dsmoke Guest
    Maybe I should rephrase my question.

I'm asking how you've made use of this Higher Self connection so that when you have a question or need help, you are in tune with your Higher Self enough to get useful guidance.

Some people seem to hear an actual voice responding to them. Others have ideas or intuition pop into their heads. Other people have answers in dreams or meditations. Some people wait for synchronicities in their daily life.

That's what I'm asking for - your stories of how you began to communicate with your higher self. At some point in your life, many of you were unaware of even the idea of your Higher Self. Then something prompted you to become aware and start communicating with or listening to it. So what was it? Please share if you are comfortable doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmoke
    Maybe I should rephrase my question.

I'm asking how you've made use of this Higher Self connection so that when you have a question or need help, you are in tune with your Higher Self enough to get useful guidance.

Some people seem to hear an actual voice responding to them. Others have ideas or intuition pop into their heads. Other people have answers in dreams or meditations. Some people wait for synchronicities in their daily life.

That's what I'm asking for - your stories of how you began to communicate with your higher self. At some point in your life, many of you were unaware of even the idea of your Higher Self. Then something prompted you to become aware and start communicating with or listening to it. So what was it? Please share if you are comfortable doing so!
    Most of mine come in either memory or intuition form, but if I ask I can have a deep conversation with my higher self using words, feelings, and imagery.

First contact was possibly in a dream I shared in this thread: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=3008

Although I can't be sure if that was my higher self or another being trying to tell me something.

In probably one of the most enlightening projections of my life (probably on par with the tree of life experience,) I once made contact with my higher self. Seeing the higher self in this manner is a very personal and powerfull experience which I would suggest to anyone, though many will not want to come back to physical reality afterwards so expect safeguards to be put in place to either keep you from this experience if your not ready for it or to put you back in your body if you suddenly decide to try for merging back into the higher self before your supposed to

wjjw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    You make contact with your Higher Self every second of every day. And, you're Higher Self is never apart from you. The key is to walk in that awareness. The moments of ecstasy that people describe are simply moments that they turn to that awareness. It never leaves you, you just choose to look away for a bit. […]It was never off, you just didn't pay attention. Learn to trust your inspired moments. They are you, they are your Higher Self.
    An excellent description.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    There are techniques for building up the Antahkarana (which I'm planning to research) and to widen it.
    Some of the meditation techniques referred to here are excellent for doing this.
    http://www.esotericstudies.net/artic...meditation.htm

Krystal Guest
    Yes, you have to make the distinction on how you mean "communicating with your HS". It's true that we're never apart from our HS, but it's the conscious communication that alot of us want and have so much trouble with.

I try to work with my extensively. I still get barriers up at times depending on what seems to be my health issues.

Ok, so you want experiences? I hesitate to call these experiences, because I don't want anyone to think this is what they should have, or they haven't met their Higher Self. It's just one of an infinity of experiences people can have, all of them important, all of them unique.

I equate the Higher Self with an OverSoul. I don't consider my Higher Self to actually be God/Source/The I AM. To me, the Source encompasses everything, with nothing left out (including the experiences of good and evil). My Higher Self, at this point, is the highest expression of who I am that I can understand at this level of my evolvement. I know there are higher expressions/vibrations, but I wouldn't understand them, even if I saw them. I also equate Higher Self with my guides. These spiritual guides, in whatever form they take, are me, in a more evolved form. Parallel existences and all that.

So, to my experience(s)...I've had several. These were all in meditation. I saw (visualized in my mind's eye, I suppose) an entity that resembled a computerized form of an octopus. I know, weird. It was a spherical/oval shape with straight light projections coming out from it. It was a very beautiful color of blue (almost electric), but not a color I have seen on earth. Swirling around, were many, many other colors (I'm assuming some kind of energy). I knew the whole apparatus was Me. At the end of each projection, or arm, was an incarnating being. Some were of our earth, some were beings from other existences (our universe and also other dimensions). I could not see each individual clearly, but had a knowing of what they were. The center sphere of all of this contained one soul that was made up of many souls who had combined to be one group entity. These were souls who had finished incarnating and were ready to throw off the illusion of being separate, and gave up their individual egos. Those incarnating were still in the process of evolving to that point (including me, PHG). At the same time, I was the entire thing. There was no separation from what I was seeing to what I am now. Hard to explain, it's more of an experiential thing. The entire thing was pure, unconditional Love. I've had the octopus experience several times, but had never actually asked to meet my Higher Self.

Much later, I was reading one of Bruce Moen's books. He and Robert Monroe both had similar experiences with a spherical/oval shape Higher Self/OverSoul. That was a great day for me, to see my experience replicated in the experience of someone else.

A different experience I had was recently. I was at R. Monroe's Institute, using Hemi-Sync. I had specifically asked to meet my Higher Self. I was greeted by hundreds, possibly thousands of beings that were stretched out in a long line, waiting to see me. It was similar to a reception line at a wedding or large party. It very much was a party atmosphere with everyone in period costume, representing the different lifetimes that are mine in the Higher Self experience. The feelings were of great joy and happiness, and most especially (once again), unconditional love.

The understanding that I now have, is that while those were wonderful experiences, they are mere snapshots. They are just visual representations of something that isn't actually visual. The connection that I have with my Higher Self is ongoing and is vibrational in nature. Every thought that I have, every human physical experience that I have, whether I experience them as good or bad, are Higher Self experiences. There is no disconnection. The intuition part is good, and often helpful, but a very small part of the Higher Self experience. Typing these words on a computer is a Higher Self experience. Arguing with my husband is a Higher Self experience. Nothing is lost, nothing is without value. I'm listening to someone's gardener using one of those leaf blowing things as I write. That is a Higher Self experience. The most mundane thing that happens is a glorious expression of Who I Really Am. When you tune in to that, you have tuned in completely with your Higher Self vibration. In other words, "know" it, and it Is.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    I've connected with... something, that might as well be my HS, lol. There have been a few times now where I'll have a phrase come to me, either in meditation or soon afterward, that kicks off some sort of new major shift. The first one was "be more open with the universe, and it will respond in kind." The most recent was "diamonds are created by heat and pressure." When I "heard" that last one, my reaction was something like "ahhh crap. "... but keeping that in mind did keep me sane during a difficult period that started soon after, lol.

Beyond that, I do a lot of things based on instincts that can't always be explained. Much of it makes no sense to other people at the time, and is actively opposed in many cases... but I've learned (often the hard way) that things turn out for the best when I follow those so-called "irrational" proddings, and end badly when I don't. I don't know if any of this indicates a higher self connection or not, but in any case I do seem to be guided at times by something that has my best interest in mind, near as I can tell.

IlvC0h3lzeNt333 Guest
    A way my Higherself started communicating with me was through mental music at one point. Sometimes I'll just have a song playing in my head..won't really be paying attention to it, then for some lyric, my focus will be on what is said. Then immediately an interpretation will follow, and it will apply to what I'm doing, or thinking.

An example of this is when I was reading the paper in the library early 1 morning and was going into that hypnogogic (sry if spelling is off ) state when I start to "nod" off. I remember the song was playing in the background in my head for like a minute, and just kept nodding, then BAM, my attention goes to the lyric, "You...should WAKE UP...WAKE UP." (And I find when I'm in that state between being awake and napping, my inner sounds are more intense) So ya, that woke me up. If anyone is curious, it's a Deftone's song called Good Morning Beautiful.

Another interesting way I'm communicated with is through my environment. I've told 2 people this experience (not knowing it was my higherself communicating) and they just laughed thinking I was joking, and I never even tried to tell another after that. But I guess this is the place.
    By the environment I mean any sort of conversation outside myself after I've asked myself a question, or thought about a concept.

In the library I tested this theory of mine by asking in my head," Is this for real? Seriously...are you using my interpretations of the external convos to answer my questions when I cannot hear them inside myself?" I waited expecting to hear my inner wisdom talk in my head, but to much of my surprize, a conversation with 3 or 4 girls out of my vision near the entrance (approx. 15 m and 5 stairs above) came into my consciousness, and 1 girl said, "Ya." I thought, no way...then again, same girl, "Yep, yep." I thought , and all the girls started laughing, and I laughed.

It also happens with the T.V. when I'm thinking (which kinda makes Tv weird once and a while) but it's more like I'll be thinking of something, then I'll go to watch the Tv again, and it will remind me of the last thing I was thinking about. I only told a counsellor and social worker this 1, I think they thought I was a little crazy. Counsellor said as long as the T.V. wasn't controlling me...at that point I understood he didn't understand wut I was talking about cuz immediatly he grouped me with some stereotypical paranoid conspiracist bent on blaming problems on the governemnts mind control jibberish. Meh, I'm sane.*twitch*

Anyways, these are just some odd (I find) ways my inner wisdom aka Higherself likes to communicate with me. Usually we just try to have conversation where He answers by saying "You"; "What ought I do?"..."You ought to do such and such." But sometimes I get paranoid because my imagination messes with me alot and think sometimes it's impersonating Him. (because usually I get a certain feeling when my Higherself addresses me, so when I don't feel it, I get suspicious) So I think thats usually when He(I, Higherself, etc.) use external sources. Take care all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast