View Poll Results: Have you Consciously Projected?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

74 63.25%
  • No

43 36.75%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OBE survey #1

Fliesatnite Guest
    I voted yes. I have done both but one recently that I had was conscious. I was asleep and recognized that I was lucid and decided to exit. I was trying in desperation to get out and finally I pulled my arm out and then sat up, then pulled my legs over to the side of the bed. I got up from the bed and turned to look at myself. (I always wanted to do that).

So here I am standing next to myself and I squatted down to look into my face and I was giggling. I was thinking what a strange sensation to be 'out' and be able to see yourself on the bed sleeping and for some reason it struck me as funny.

Does that qualify?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliesatnite
    I voted yes. I have done both but one recently that I had was conscious. I was asleep and recognized that I was lucid and decided to exit. I was trying in desperation to get out and finally I pulled my arm out and then sat up, then pulled my legs over to the side of the bed. I got up from the bed and turned to look at myself. (I always wanted to do that).

So here I am standing next to myself and I squatted down to look into my face and I was giggling. I was thinking what a strange sensation to be 'out' and be able to see yourself on the bed sleeping and for some reason it struck me as funny.

Does that qualify?
    Absolutely.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Please see OBE Survey #2

I noticed that OBE Survey #2 has less views than #1. Even if you are a spontaneous-only projector, please check it out, since it spans a variety of projections.
    Thanks.

enoch Guest
    Because the brainwaves during REM sleep are the same as the brainwaves during wakefulness, could I say that I consciously project everynight?

Blog Entries
    No. I am drawing the line at LD because if I didn't, everyone who LD's would be yes, and that is another survey.
    ps. Are you saying you Lucid dream every night?

At Robert's workshop, someone asked a question about the difference between OBE's, LD's, and projecting. In a round about way, Robert basically said they were all the same thing. *shakes head rapidly side to side to reset brain*

Maybe I misunderstood, but I don't think so. Since learning about OBE, my feeling is they are all the same. I would also include phasing, regressions, dreaming, and all forms of altered consciousness. But, for practical purposes, they have different qualities. But, those qualities vary so much from person to person, that it would be impossible to pinpoint exactly. I think the difference lies solely in perception. When OBE'ing into the RTZ, our perception is that it feels and looks very physical because we are still so close to the physical. If you are an experienced OBE'er, you can maintain that physical perception even deeper into the astral. I have to say that going through walls is a very tactile and weird experience. But, is it "real"?

We are ultimately just points of consciousness. No, wait. Not even "points". There is no locale for consciousness because there is no real locale. It's a matter of what you perceive from your point of view.

Since most of my projections are into the higher astral realms and are conscious, I would have to vote yes. But, I rarely perceive myself as having a body, because it doesn't occur to me to think about it. I'm too fascinated with what is happening all around me. The one big exception would be during past life regressions because I am intentionally expecting to see "who" I am, so I "see" my body, and I'm "in" it at the same time. I can switch perspectives back and forth, or be in both at once.

Did I just go off the subject?

My most common form of exit? Hmmm...I would say a whole body lifting out, then a quick blink out, then I'm either in my neighborhood or the astral. I can't seem to overcome the blink out. And, I don't always end up where I intended. My control still sucks.

I totally disagree. LD is NOT OBE. Its entirely possible to watch one of your own dreams without going anywhere else.

People seem to be confusing the diving board with the dive.

Suggesting that LD is OBE is similar to suggesting NEW is OBE (which it would seem not to be).

I know some use LD as a starting point and then convert it into an OBE. The keyword here is 'convert'.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

sash Guest
    You can however have the same amount of lucidity (or similar at least) in a lucid dream as an OBE, in lucid dreaming a person can have full conscious control of themselves and the environment.

Serenity Guest
    I'll just go with my first experience which happened when I was around four years old. I left my body and drifted around outside my bedroom window for a bit.

kiwibonga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    I totally disagree. LD is NOT OBE. Its entirely possible to watch one of your own dreams without going anywhere else.

People seem to be confusing the diving board with the dive.

Suggesting that LD is OBE is similar to suggesting NEW is OBE (which it would seem not to be).

I know some use LD as a starting point and then convert it into an OBE. The keyword here is 'convert'.
    There's two sides to an experience -- the inside and the outside. In a lucid dream, you are focused on the inside, meaning a subjective creation. In a RTZ OBE, you are focused on the outside, meaning you prevent the subjective from altering your perception.

Even then, it's pretty common to have outside elements influence the lucid dream, and conversely to have inside elements influence the OBE.

The overwhelming majority of authors claim that sleepers float a few inches above their physical body and tend to act out their dreams. The projection is triggered automatically at the onset of sleep ; the conversion is not a projection, it's simply a matter of looking past the subjective walls to find yourself already separated.

The difference between lucid dreams and OBEs is definitely not an absolute, they are simply the same experience with different levels of inside/outside awareness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast