Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Technique to OBE

beone Guest

Re: A Technique to OBE

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby
    The ROPE technique didn't really work for me, somehow it puts a lot of stress on my mind, i think a more relaxed method of OBE suits me better.

The thing about different exit techniques is that you have to apply them at the correct time. This is perhaps one of the things which took me a long time to learn, patience and non-getting-excited-about-projection. So, from my experience, you have to know when its time to go for it, then go for it, but without exciting yourself back into a more wakeful state of mind. This is tough because you don't want to take yourself out of trance, but you can't just sit there forever like a log and wait to spontaneously exit either, cause you might be waiting for a while.

I have had the best success with rolling out technique, because as you say Rope tech can require you to think a lot, and then you might be thinking too much. Roll-out works best if you actually really roll out really hard (I don't know why but its like I'm really attached and can't get out very easily). Of course my fear every time is that I am going to physically roll off the bed and smash into the floor like a lunatic. To date I have not physically rolled onto the floor, but my astral body does and it even feels like it hurts for a moment from the fall. But then its so nice to be out. I guess you just have to trust yourself and go for it.

Hibby Guest

LOL, funny you put it that way, but my the real reason why i don't do rolling is cause, i am still aware that it is my body, if i move slowly i 'think' its my body though i don't know. And once you've rolled theres no going back, you've lost the current progress. Do you have to roll quickly for the astral body to dislodge? cause usually i just move my hands and i always feel that it is quite weird, like its numb and i feel (or am i imagining that it is another body) and try to move it. But everytime i do, i can feel the blanket/resistence.

My first attempt at AP started by just lying there and clearing the mind, i felt the vibrations the first time but got excited and did not know what to do next. I had found AP on the internet about 8 years ago when i was trying to find magical things about the world. Other techniques never quite worked for me, or just not as well. I always end up putting all my effort into a several attempts and then get no where so it drained the hell outta me. So now i just lie on my bed thinking about everything until my body relaxes and forget about my room and then i start to attempt OBE. I find sitting really tiring, + pressure on my bottom is distracting, so i try to APing in bed now.

beone Guest

Yes, I usually AP from bed also, and for the same reasons.

i am still aware that it is my body, if i move slowly i 'think' its my body though i don't know.
    Right. You will always be aware of the physical body. There seems to be two kinds of exits (forgetting about phasing for the moment):

Instantaneous and forced. Instantaneous is when you can litterally feel the separation, but without much effort on your part, and forced is one that requires a technique such as rope or rolling or the other several-hundred ones available.

Instantaneous seperation: After vibrations stage (which you might not notice after a while) you are suddenly hovering or floating somewhere near the physical self. Don't we wish it were that easy. I have found that this exit occurs when I AP from a sleeping/dream state, where I wake up into vibrations, or notice vibrations in my dream, then wake up, but being still relaxed enough seperation just happens. It is not as controlled as a forced exit.

Forced exit: When its time to go, go. You will always be aware of physical body, so your mind will try and rationalize with you and say; No, no, if you go now, you will have wasted the effort. The truth is, you might, or you might not. Always just try and relax a bit more. If you pass vibrations stage, then you should be getting close to the time to try. Just try to keep calm and cool for a bit more, and don't think too much about anything really (like if its time or not)... just expand into your own relaxing innerness.

Do you have to roll quickly for the astral body to dislodge?
    Yes. There are no half-try attempts here. I am serious when I say that it feels like I might really fall onto the floor. As a matter of fact.... A good I dea would be to place some padding material like cushions or blankets on the area where you will roll out onto, just in case. This might even psychologically reassure you into going for it. Just be careful not to have anything which might harm you around... like a nightstand or a lamp. What is hopefully going to happen will be, you will roll out into AP anyway.

i just move my hands and i always feel that it is quite weird, like its numb and i feel (or am i imagining that it is another body) and try to move it. But everytime i do, i can feel the blanket/resistence.
    Me too. It held me up for a long time. I thought that once passed vibrations I would just "float up," like a soap-bubble or something. Not so easy. I seem to be really attached, and so for me forced exit really needs to be forced.

Remember also that there are other tech's which might work, like skiing downhill or swaying in a hammock, or something like this. These are a bit more mental but less physically dangerous, and they work just as well also. The trick is finding which one works best for you. From what you have said I think that you are already manifesting an AP self and just need the correct stimuli to trick yourself into releasing it. (I know, that sounds complicated).

O.k., to elaborate a bit on the first roll-out attempt that had me sold on it.... I was laying in a military cot, one that has a frame around it and material I slept on was stretched in between the aluminum frame. At the ends (corners) there was a hole or gap in the material, so that if looking from above you will see a small hole in each corner of the cot. Now I was laying there, I noticed that I might try for an AP. I could feel the same wierd little-astral hands but could not dislogde. I tried to do a roll-out. I noticed that my foot had fallen into one of the holes at the end of the cot. I could feel it in there. I thought that if I rolled-out, I would twist my ankle. However, I realized that it was not my physical foot, but my AP-foot which was in there. It took a lot of courage, but I suddenly and violently rolled out (sometimes a bit of rocking helps before the big roll-out). Anyway I felt my foot pass through the cot, and I was on the floor, in AP self. A very strange sensation indeed. Also, I did hit the floor hard, but in astral-self, so it doesn't have any effect really.

Blog Entries

Yes. There are no half-try attempts here. I am serious when I say that it feels like I might really fall onto the floor. As a matter of fact.... A good I dea would be to place some padding material like cushions or blankets on the area where you will roll out onto, just in case.
    That's why I like 'forcefully sitting up'. The worst thing that can happen is you actually sit up. But if you're projecting, the momentum will send you upward and you can keep on going up.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hibby Guest

wow tahts alot of more than i expected, thank-you so much for the very detailed explainations beone, things seemed to be clearing up for me now and it's assuring to know someone else has been through a similar type of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    That's why I like 'forcefully sitting up'. The worst thing that can happen is you actually sit up. But if you're projecting, the momentum will send you upward and you can keep on going up.
    i've actually tried the sitting up one once, and my body felt so bad after that, maybe because of the sudden force i put into sitting up.

johnjohn27 Guest

Very useful info!! Thanks

TitanClash Guest

This is an amazing post with great feedback, thanks Aunt Clair!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2