Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reiki Attunements

Reiki Attunements

How do these work?

Short question, short answer. It is like introducing two people to each other and having them shake hands. Then when they are acquainted they can talk to each other as often as they want. Sometimes one will initiate contact (the energy) and sometimes the other person will (the one being attuned). Reiki is often described as being aware and intelligent, and often it does flow through people spontaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Short question, short answer. It is like introducing two people to each other and having them shake hands. Then when they are acquainted they can talk to each other as often as they want. Sometimes one will initiate contact (the energy) and sometimes the other person will (the one being attuned). Reiki is often described as being aware and intelligent, and often it does flow through people spontaneously.
    Thanks Tom.

I'm wondering specifically what happens energetically to the recipient. I did a little reading on the subject, and, most sites say that a kind of energy pattern is placed around the recipient that opens up energy channels and activates or opens the heart, palm and crown chakras. Is that correct or do you have a different understanding?

Is it considered more invasive than a Reiki treatment in that it seems (as I understand it - which may not be correct) to directly alter a person's energy body? A Reiki treatment, on the other hand, is much less invasive and only goes where it needs to go, relying on it's own type of intelligence?

As long as I say that an attunement is like an introduction, I'm still within the bounds of what is popularly considered correct. Now we're crossing beyond what is considered politically correct. It is said that once you have the attunement, you don't ever need to repeat it and what has been done can't be undone. If it were really about opening chakras and channels, they could obviously be closed again and the attunement undone. If it were really about the placement of symbols then having them removed would be easily accomplished. None of that is really true, but it is as good of a way as any to describe the process. No, for an attunement to work you have to intend to receive it and attentive during the process. That way you get an intense burst of the energy and you know how it feels and you can call it again based on the memory of the feeling. Getting an attunement is like learning your multiplication tables. Even if you don't multiply for years, you might have to think about it but you know it because it is long term memory. The attunement process sets a strong impression directly in your mind and when it takes that just means that learning to use reiki has gone into your long term memory and you can't forget it. It is a skill. You get better at it with practice.

The symbols set up energetic structures in the person being attuned which are favorable for transfer of certain 'forms' of energy. Its vaguely like a ward where physical/energetic structures are created and become more or less permanent. In concept, not unlike calling the cable company to add a new channel to your TV reception.

In another frame of reference, thought forms for transferring certain energies are manifest in the person being attuned.

Note, as such they are not very easy to remove (think tattoo).

Specific symbols select for specific energies. Reike symbols are mostly about healing type stuff.

Note that there are vast libraries of symbols are available from other arts. Others can be implanted in the same way. WARNING, this is not something to play with casually as they are not easy to remove and combinations can have unintended side-effects.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

sash Guest
    wstein. That's interesting, do you personally stay away from types of systems that use these 'symbols' then?
    I had my first reiki initiation a few months ago and the energetic effects were very intense. However I did not feel this impede on my ability to do other types of energy work. I can see as you say that it could be dangerous 'mixing' a whole bunch of symbols, but I'm not sure to what extent receiving reiki symbols limits you to healing just using reiki or not.

star Guest
    I found it easy to remove the attunemnts themselves. I've not seen any symbols or had anyone ever see any symbols on me either.\

Niether has it impeded any of my other energy work.

But I guess its all up to the abilities of the person. If you can't do something you just can't aye?

In my opinion the reason why reiki symbols are so hard to remove from the aura and chakras is because they aren't actually lodged in place that way. Reiki symbols are not like books on a shelf to be added and removed. It makes as much sense to try to remove reiki symbols as it does letters of the alphabet from the mind of a typical literate adult. Every time a letter, number, or reiki symbol is used it is created new in that moment. If you have a reiki symbol you don't want anymore all you have to do is to stop using it and the rule "use it or lose it" takes over as with any other information.

I do avoid systems using fixed symbols.

-------------------------------------------------

The Reiki symbols are pretty persistent. Once implanted, the stay for at least years, even with no use (personally verified). I have heard personal stories of much longer (unverified). Like a ward they can be inactive for long periods without loosing functionality. Its surprising how many people get Reiki attunements but never actually use them.

Its not too difficult to implant a tattoo but fairly hard to remove it. Normally they do not fade even on dead people (AKA Egyptian mummies).

Can't say definitively how they are attached as I have not been present at the actual procedure.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Given that I have been present to watch attunements being done, and that I have received attunements in person and at a distance, and that I have given attunements in person and at a distance, I'd say that I am familiar with the processes involved. There was also an attempt made after my second attunement to Usui Reiki to forcibly remove the symbols without my consent. I had been worried for a while that the attempt may have succeeded. It even seemed for a while that my ability to use reiki was completely gone for a time. When I went back to my teacher he explained that it did not work that way and that the attunements could not be un-done. I felt better and could suddenly use my reiki again better than ever before. My experiences have continued well past that point and cover a variety of circumstances and have led me to believe that the reason why reiki symbols are so hard to remove from the aura and chakras is because they aren't there. You can't take something away unless it is present. Each time a reiki symbol is invoked it is created new. The process of trying to remove the symbol would continue to create thought-form copies of the symbol, so it would seem that the symbol is continuously present and difficult to remove. What are you trying to remove? The symbol "cho ku rei"? Oh, there goes another copy. Is the symbol "cho ku rei" present still? Yes, there goes another copy. Is the symbol "cho ku rei" gone yet? Another copy. Guess it is still there.