Thread: East vs. West

D.B. Guest

East vs. West

I was reading Dion Fortune's 'text book' on mysticism, The Mystical Qabalah and she says that one should limit one's self to a single magic system without mixing & matching until reaching a 'permanent higher state of mind' at which point it is acceptable to begin expirementing with other systems. Based on her advice, though I'm half Filipino, I've decided to pursue the western methods in the form of Qabalah and Franz Bardon's works, using your methods of NEW to establish a stronger energy body, astral projection and healing. I was wondering what your thoughts on the matter are; is it alright, contrary to her advice to mix & match, are the promised perks of the western methods worth picking my way through blinds and initiation oaths and false information, and finally, what you personally would suggest as the superior method. Note: I've had trouble aquiring any 'practical' manuals except Franz Bardon's, and I'm at a loss to extract actual methods from Dion Fortune's works; they seem to be purely theory, with minimal practical usefulness. at least, thats what they seem like.
    Thanks,
    D.B.

This is an age old problem. Dion gives good advice regarding not mixing magical systems. Mind you what are called newage beliefs and practices today are actually a mixture of many different systems, which will become obvious as you work through Bardon's works.

Franz Bardon has provided the most reliable, practical magical development system available, that I know of anyway.

It is ok to use my energy work methods with Hermetics, as the energy work is not a magical system per se, so will not interfere with actual magical processes.

Robert Bruce