Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Full Moon Coming Up

Full Moon Coming Up

Just a reminder, the full moon is coming soon... December 4th, EST and December 5th GMT.

Here's a link to a handy dandy littleFull Moon Date Table.

I was wondering, does anyone have any ideas why OBE's and such seem to occur more intensely and frequently around the full moon?

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    I was wondering, does anyone have any ideas why OBE's and such seem to occur more intensely and frequently around the full moon?
    I was wondering that at one point myself; I was noticing that for a while I seemed to have a lot of spontaneous exit symptoms and whatnot around the full moon. So, I started deliberately pulling lunar energy into myself at night during my energy work, and that seemed to bring it on more frequently too... for a little while. Now I'm in a long dry spell where not much has happened on the AP front, let alone during full moons, and I really didn't experiment enough with it to be able to say whether it was just coincidence, or a "power of suggestion" sorta thing.

So in summary... I'm completely unhelpful. But 'tis interesting that we both were drawn to the same idea, and it might be worth experimenting with further methinks.

Blog Entries
    That's funny- I almost always project about 1-2 days before the full moon- I wonder if it's the angle of the bounced cosmic rays? Anyway, last night I walked outside and the moon was beautiful, so I stood outside and basked in the moonlight, feeling it go down from the crown down. Last night my husband commented about the squeal in his ears being loud, and so was mine. (Very loud!) So I wonder if the moon had something to do with it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Dialgo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    That's funny- I almost always project about 1-2 days before the full moon- I wonder if it's the angle of the bounced cosmic rays? Anyway, last night I walked outside and the moon was beautiful, so I stood outside and basked in the moonlight, feeling it go down from the crown down. Last night my husband commented about the squeal in his ears being loud, and so was mine. (Very loud!) So I wonder if the moon had something to do with it.
    Mine was pretty loud last night too, nearly 2x as loud as normal!

Imho , the energy is higher for all magick during the full moon and the lunar stages correspond to ideal times for
    brainstorming , resting waning unicorm
    planning ,frameworking new stag
    construction , waxing wolf
    manifestation, celebration full owl

I find all magickal workings , mystic visions , and projections are enhanced during the full moon and plan to meet with alchemical peers and mystics each month on the full moon for that reason .

Hermetically
    Waning ~ Rubedo Red Works time to sort out a mess
    New moon ~Nigredo Ebony Works time to rest
    Waxing ~Vert time to build
    Full ~Culmination ie Gold, Silver or Crystal ,time to complete & celebrate
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Clair
    Imho , the energy is higher for all magick during the full moon and the lunar stages correspond to ideal times for
    brainstorming , resting waning unicorm
    planning ,frameworking new stag
    construction , waxing wolf
    manifestation, celebration full owl

I find all magickal workings , mystic visions , and projections are enhanced during the full moon and plan to meet with alchemical peers and mystics each month on the full moon for that reason .
    Right, I definitely feel the difference during the full moon, similar to what you say. But, why? Why is it like that? (Gosh, I sound like a six year old kid wondering why the sky is blue, lol) What is it about the full moon that makes all these things true? Why is the energy higher?

The moon does pull upon the globe causing ebbs and tides this is a physical phenomena which has spiritual effects,imho . The moon , hermetically , is female
    magnetic
    heavy
    wet
    dark
    cold
    but it is also
    akasha , silver , magick
    white , milk , nourishment

I feel that the moon light helps us to get in sync with the cycles of the planet and to reboot , I feel it nourishes our energy body and draws up our well of reserve from the feet to the crown called the Moon Stone .
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Plumes.Gris Guest
    I have a simple educated guess.
    I would imagine that there is a correlation between OBE's and full moons as there is a correlation between the moon and tides.
    Here's my hypothesis with a little help of Wikipedia.

"Tides are the cyclic rising and falling of Earth's ocean surface caused by the tidal forces of the Moon and the Sun acting on the Earth...Though the gravitational force exerted by the Sun on the Earth is almost 200 times stronger than that exerted by the Moon, the tidal force produced by the Moon is about twice as strong as that produced by the Sun. The reason for this is that the tidal force is related not to the strength of a gravitational field, but to its gradient. The field gradient decreases with distance from the source more rapidly than does the field strength; as the Sun is about 400 times further from the Earth than is the Moon, the gradient of the Sun's field, and thus the tidal force produced by the Sun, is weaker."

About 70% of the fat free mass of the human body is made of water. And so, I can only imagine the effects this has on the energy body seeing as the physical body is directly attached to it.
    My hypothesis doesn't explain why there would be a greater effect for full moons however, but I am certain that the full reflection of the sun rebounded off the moon has pertinence. Perhaps a larger amount of energy is emitted by the full reflection? It's hard to tell at this point because there isn't much, if any, scientific data on the effect of a full reflection of the sun being emitted by the moon.

Blog Entries
    PlumesGris wrote:
    I am certain that the full reflection of the sun rebounded off the moon has pertinence. Perhaps a larger amount of energy is emitted by the full reflection?
    That's more along the lines of what I was thinking. My completely uneducated guess about it is that the reflected cosmic rays somehow are more in 'phase' with our projectable bodies and either make it easier to project, energize our projectable body, or stimulate the part of the brain that makes it easier to happen. Call it suggestion, but I always feel 'something' energetic just before a full moon-and I love to bask in it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    PlumesGris wrote:
    I am certain that the full reflection of the sun rebounded off the moon has pertinence. Perhaps a larger amount of energy is emitted by the full reflection?
    That's more along the lines of what I was thinking. My completely uneducated guess about it is that the reflected cosmic rays somehow are more in 'phase' with our projectable bodies and either make it easier to project, energize our projectable body, or stimulate the part of the brain that makes it easier to happen. Call it suggestion, but I always feel 'something' energetic just before a full moon-and I love to bask in it.
    That's funny, because I was thinking something along the lines of this idea when I was pondering this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast