Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: high self questions

oath Guest
    You are your higher self.

Sometimes we come into contact with other things that resemble or appear to be ourselves. yet they are in fact not. God is a good example of this in a personal sense. God tends to appear in different ways and exhibit different qualities in line with the person god is in contact with. Spirit guides/mates/friends are another good example, as they are of the same family or species as you and so one can get confused with this. Also of concern is shared consciousness or thought. Eeasily doubling the confusion in the case of same species spirit guides who not only are almost completely just like you, but are also able to think through your own thought and you them.

Magic is the 'higher self'. The higher self may exhibit chaos (*or seemingly chaos) or other aspects of its being to accomplish a goal in normal everyday life. The purpose of the ritual is to concentrate and focus those aspects to a greater degree than what is normally exhibited in order to accomplish a goal. In other terms, your energy flows normally thoughout the day, occasionally spiking. During ritual you increase the output and flow of energy towards specific destination for specific period of time in conscious aware order.

My advice is to be mindful of the saying, "be careful what you wish for" and to avoid uncertainty as much as possible by 'keeping it simple'. Dont go into uncharted waters and take risks unless you absolutely have to.

D.B. Guest
    During ritual you increase the output and flow of energy towards specific destination for specific period of time in conscious aware order.
    By energy do you mean the same type of energy that we manipulate in yoga, NEW, tao, etc.? and if so, is it possible to achieve your goals through meditation rather than ritual? The primary reason i'm asking is that I started to look into ritual, namely western practices like qabalah, etc., and after a few weeks of digging around found I didn't like what I saw. The materialism and greed I-I-I-me-me-me promises I read in rituals and methods made me uncomfortable. I just don't want to deal with the temptation.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I, personally, don't think Higher Selves are emotional entities. In other words, they don't really care if you are happy, sad, rich, poor, etc. You, as an individual entity, are the emotional one, with wants and needs. The Higher Self is the keeper (or container) of the experiences you, and all of your other selves, experience. The Higher Self experiences only the energy of Unconditional Love. The closest thing we have to that would be "bliss". That's been my experience, anyway.

I think in one sense we are our Higher Selves, and we are also not our Higher Self. You are the vessel that holds the experiences of this lifetime. Your connection with your Higher Self is never broken, it's impossible. Only your lack of awareness makes it seem the connection is broken. While you are the vessel for this lifetime, your Higher Self also is the container for this life, as well as many others. That makes us one with HS. In transcendental states, you can experience what it is like to be your Higher Self. But, IMO, it's not complete, we just don't have a high enough vibration. We only get a glimpse of the true reality.

If you ask your Higher Self for money, etc., I think what you are in fact doing is trying to manifest it for yourself. As I said, your HS doesn't have any wants or needs, and leaves it up to you to create the experiences. So, rather than "asking" my HS for something, I would rather "see" it for myself (manifest it for myself). We are creators. We have the ability to create. We just have to believe and expect. But, there are always other forces beyond us that can and do interfere. If you want the exact same car as another person does, in this reality, only one of you is going to get it. I have no idea how that works itself out, maybe the one who wants it most manifests it. *shrug* But, personally, I see nothing wrong with wanting a car, or money, or anything else. What you do with it is what's important. Not whether you have it or not. If you don't want to be egotistical, and have a habit of being that way, I'd say you might want to rethink the car. If you can handle having the car, and doing with it only what your highest vision of yourself is...go for it.
    (By car, I mean, better job, lover, etc. It's just an example)

LittleBee Guest
    You Are Your OverSELF
    YOU FOREVER -by LOBSANG RAMPA
    "Man, then, is a spirit briefly encased in a body of flesh and bones, encased in order that lessons may be learned and experiences undergone, experiences which could not be obtained by the spirit without the use of a body. Man, or the flesh - body of Man, is a vehicle which, is driven, or manipulated by the Overself. Some prefer to use the term "Soul," we use "Overself" because it is more convenient, the Soul is a different matter, actually, and goes to an even higher realm. The Overself is the controller, the driver of the body. The brain of the human is a relay station, a telephone exchange, a completely automated factory, if you like. It takes messages from the Overself, and converts the Overself's commands into chemical activity or physical activity, which keeps the vehicle alive, causes muscles to work, and causes certain mental processes. It also relays back to the Overself messages and impressions of experiences gained.
    By escaping from the limitations of the body, like a driver temporarily leaving an automobile, Man can see the Greater World of the Spirit and can assess the lessons learned while encased in the flesh, but here we are discussing the physical and the astral with, perhaps, brief mentions of the Overself.
    We mention the astral in particular, because while in that body, Man can travel to distant places in the twinkling of an eye. Man can go anywhere at any time, and can even see what old friends or relations are doing. With practice, Man and Woman - can visit the cities of the world and the great libraries of the world. It is easy, with practice, to visit any library and to look at any book or any page of a book. Most people think they cannot leave the body because in the Western world they have been so conditioned for the whole of their life - to disbelieve in things which cannot be felt, torn to pieces and then - discussed in terms which mean nothing.
    - from Lesson 8

LittleBee Guest
    I, personally, don't think Higher Selves are emotional entities. In other words, they don't really care if you are happy, sad, rich, poor, etc.
    That is the reason why we are part of it (the higher slef )and not disconnected. The higher self needs to have a 3D body to be able to learn more by experiencing, and thus we are then created, put into existance, to transfer the feelings onto the database of the HigherSelf...hehehe
    You, as an individual entity, are the emotional one, with wants and needs. The Higher Self is the keeper (or container) of the experiences you, and all of your other selves, experience. The Higher Self experiences only the energy of Unconditional Love. The closest thing we have to that would be "bliss". That's been my experience, anyway.
    i agree with you ,
    but continue believing that Me and my HigherSelf are one.
    What i read on this matter is that there is ONE Higher-Self for sometimes a group of souls. That is why Lobsang Rampa calls it not the Higher Self, but the OVER SOUL . Sometimes the other half of one's Soul, which we so much wish to meet in this life to experience that special LOVE bond, is exactly one of those other Souls connected to one Over Soul. Meaning i can have a half somewhere, but we are both connected to our OVERSOUL , instead of the thought of only one soul alone being connected to many OVERSOULS.

star Guest
    How can a Higher Self or Oversoul be used effectivley?

LittleBee Guest
    thank you Star
    That is one of the reasons i am posting here too.

And maybe to use anything effectively at all:
    1)we must start by understanding what it is (that we are part of it),
    2) how this works,
    then i assume that the sole fact of us being aware of it, LISTEN to it.

I belive that an OverSoul Guides us by sending us, e.g. a signal of... let's suppose, an approaching danger via INTUITION, and this can be manifested in us in various forms. Some dream and wake up "warned", or simpy feel and know they must do something or have to do something (the 6th sense??).
    Any other insight on this??

The written above is MHO , i sense it works that way.

XXX

star Guest
    Do you think it can help in something like Healing or OBE?

LittleBee Guest
    what i feel is this:

if one is trying to achieve an OBE and for reasons we are not aware of, it may happen that by asking yourself (your OverSoul) for an insight on this, it will eventually send you a good sign, with no fear in it and you feel safe, then of course this means you should continue exploring the OBE techniques to get there.
    What i am trying to say, is that we must listen to our intuition very carefully and not try to interpret via logics due to stubborness of needing to achieve it. Might simply be that we are not ready and then the OverSoul may send messages either through intuition, either through a reading, or someone elses experience might scare us and this can also be part of an answer from our OverSoul as to OBEing or not.

Personally i know very well when my inner voice / intuition is talking to me. I tried forcing it a few times and believed i was correct in my logical thinking, basically i was running away from the true interpretation of the message/feeling (i really wanted to believe in something beautiful) and i was prooved to be wrong when the consequences arrived. I learnt my lesson well... on various occasions.

About Healing, yes.
    Actually, i agree with someone's post previously that, the OverSoul being ourself in a higher dimension will never want to harm us. On the contrary it will ALWAYS show the correct path towards the accomplishment of our destiny.

We do have each one of us certain things to do here on this plane. and no matter how you manage to respond, things will lead you one way or another, but to always make you REACH your destination. it is up to you to harden the path or to soften it, if we could only hear our inner voices correctly.

It is true life is a journey, not a destination, but LIFE through a journey in this temporary body suitscases has a destination that is reachable throught paths we choose. Our inner voice/ intuition will always lead us the correct way. The moment we disconnect due to lust or ego, corruption in power, etc, how can we hear the voice? our own true selves? we consciously choose to "forget" to listen. we run away. why? because it is easier to do so. Easier is to choose the easy way than to overcome the problems in order to achieve happiness, our final goal.

CHOICES are done by us alone. Forget blaming someone else for our own choices.

Nonetheless we ARE GUIDED by ourselves (OverSoul), all we need to do is to listen and carefully. Learn how to filter well the inner truth from the illusions around. Not an easy task

We cannot harm what we are made of: LOVE...or can we?

XXX

LittleBee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star
    Do you think it can help in something like Healing or OBE?
    Star , after so much blah-blah,
    it occured to me that
    the whole fact itslef of you being here now and searching for answers through forums, books and people's experiences, is due to the Guidance of your OVERSOUL )

How did you get to this forum?
    no need to answer that, but did you think actually when and for what reason your search about OBE, spirituality, etc begun??

What have you discovered here and what was it that changed your life through this forum?

hahaha, this is a magical place: both Astral Dynamics and Life on this Planet, dont you agree? with all our problems, which some people can't even imagine that actually exist, it is still a great experience just to be here experiencing it!
    Sometimes i hate it, but there is no escape, unless one gets into self-denial, so i recommend us to continue strong and together.

Peace Star
    XXX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast