Thread: Projection from sleep paralysis - a triple projection?

kiwibonga Guest

Projection from sleep paralysis - a triple projection?

I've been wondering about this for a while... I am under the impression that there are three different possible projections involved during the OBE induction process... I was wondering if I could get some insight from the members here...

Projection #1: When we have "sleep paralysis" before a projection, we are usually "stuck" in our bodies. We have shifted focus into the "second body" ; the etheric body, which is stuck to the physical.

Projection #2: From this state, it is possible to get up from bed and move not too far from the physical body. In that state, you are formless, you are still attached to the body, and cannot move much farther than a few feet from the physical/etheric. Your "range" is expanded from the boundaries of the physical body to a somewhat larger area -- the room is usually the limit. Trying to travel outside of the room results in either a loss of consciousness or serious reality fluctuations -- you are guessing what is outside of the room, not actually seeing it.

Projection #3: An RTZ projection. You detach a part of your etheric body which is able to travel outside of the "etheric body range".

The way I see it, Projection #1 is a shift into the core of our consciousness... But Projection #2 is more of an aura around this core which reflects our emotions, and it's in there that our dreams and subjective perceptions occur -- that would fit the description of the astral body pretty well. This "aura" is also what rushes in to grab anything you turn your attention to, it is like an invisible mask that shapes your perceptions. In other words, a stable, objective mind in the center, surrounded by a variable subjective mind around it which is used to interpret your surroundings. In this model, the subjectivity emanates from the core.

Projection #3 would be the RTZ projection, therefore you have a part of the etheric body that separates, and it also happens to have this "aura" around it. It's both projection 1 and 2 at the same time, but it occurs separately from the actual body.

Diagram to hopefully make things clearer:

I'd like some feedback about this way of seeing things... Does it make sense? Did I explain it clearly? If so, does it seem at all arbitrary, or do you actually recognize certain things from your own experiences?

When you experience sleep paralysis followed by a projection, how do things usually go after that?

Also, vibration wise... I am under the impression that when you only achieve projection #2, you do not get the vibrations, but when you achieve #3, you do.

I know some people get offended when someone says that you have to have vibrations, since not everyone gets them. But to the people who don't get vibrations, how "accurate" are your RTZ projections? Do you have a tendency to "fall into dreamworld" as soon as you go too far from your physical body?

I hope someone will be able to help me out here, because I don't know how typical my own experiences are... It's great that I have enough experience to draw up my own models of reality... But if nobody can relate, it's pretty worthless!

Joe Guest
    I experienced multiple projections last night. The first projection came with the usual sensation of vibrations. However, the 2nd and 3rd projections were acompanied by a distinct reduction in the intensity of the vibrations.

During the 1st projection, which was by far the most lucid and longest maintained, I kept affirming to myself "clarity now!" and clapping my hands. This only helped a little.

The duration of the projection, and the distance traveled from the body are two important variables when considering how long I can maintain my full waking conciousness without descending into a dream. I would need to conduct some experiments in this area in order to separate the two. Obviously, the longer I am out near my body, I will be able to tell if it is duration that is the dominant factor.

As an interesting aside, I have experienced time differently in my travels in the astral world, so it would be harder to use this value as a point of reference.

Joe.

Blog Entries

Re: Projection from sleep paralysis - a triple projection?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibonga
    I've been wondering about this for a while... I am under the impression that there are three different possible projections involved during the OBE induction process... I was wondering if I could get some insight from the members here...
    It is very difficult to quantify the 'types' of projections I have, but some of the things you wrote do ring a bell.

Projection #1: When we have "sleep paralysis" before a projection, we are usually "stuck" in our bodies. We have shifted focus into the "second body" ; the etheric body, which is stuck to the physical.
    This corresponds to my experience.
    Projection #2: From this state, it is possible to get up from bed and move not too far from the physical body. In that state, you are formless, you are still attached to the body, and cannot move much farther than a few feet from the physical/etheric. Your "range" is expanded from the boundaries of the physical body to a somewhat larger area -- the room is usually the limit. Trying to travel outside of the room results in either a loss of consciousness or serious reality fluctuations -- you are guessing what is outside of the room, not actually seeing it.
    This is the type of projection that I have lately, most of the time (with a few exceptions). Usually they are blind also. When I was younger they were much more lucid and realistic.
    Projection #3: An RTZ projection. You detach a part of your etheric body which is able to travel outside of the "etheric body range".
    This is the type of projection that gives me vibrations, but I do get reality fluctuations if I stay out too long.

The way I see it, Projection #1 is a shift into the core of our consciousness... But Projection #2 is more of an aura around this core which reflects our emotions, and it's in there that our dreams and subjective perceptions occur -- that would fit the description of the astral body pretty well. This "aura" is also what rushes in to grab anything you turn your attention to, it is like an invisible mask that shapes your perceptions. In other words, a stable, objective mind in the center, surrounded by a variable subjective mind around it which is used to interpret your surroundings. In this model, the subjectivity emanates from the core.
    I'm not sure about the 'reflecting your emotions' part, but I'd say that what I perceive is the aura that shapes the perceptions, in a sort of interactive way. (As in when I see something what I'm seeing is the interaction between the aura with the material object). This explains why anything outside it gets dreamlike and distorted.
    Projection #3 would be the RTZ projection, therefore you have a part of the etheric body that separates, and it also happens to have this "aura" around it. It's both projection 1 and 2 at the same time, but it occurs separately from the actual body.
    I suppose this could be true, but in my experience #2 and #3 only differ in duration and quality, so the aura separation theory is difficult to ascertain. (But why not?)
    Diagram to hopefully make things clearer:

I love the pictures, btw.

Also, vibration wise... I am under the impression that when you only achieve projection #2, you do not get the vibrations, but when you achieve #3, you do.
    I'm not so sure about that- sometimes vibrations are so dim that they can be overlooked, especially with experience. What determines the 'severity' for me is how 'awake' I am when I exit, and how long it's been since I did it before.
    I know some people get offended when someone says that you have to have vibrations, since not everyone gets them. But to the people who don't get vibrations, how "accurate" are your RTZ projections? Do you have a tendency to "fall into dreamworld" as soon as you go too far from your physical body?
    Sometimes. Most of the time it's a different experience (i.e. phasing), which is an almost different experience. (for me, that is.)

I hope someone will be able to help me out here, because I don't know how typical my own experiences are... It's great that I have enough experience to draw up my own models of reality... But if nobody can relate, it's pretty worthless!
    Well, I don't know if I helped, but I can relate to some of the stuff you described. But no experience is worthless, you know. .
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I've gone into the RTZ and gone several feet from the body before dream mind kicked in (maybe about 40-50 feet) and did not have any vibrations when getting up from the body., if this helps any.

Mira

jalef Guest
    i can relate to projections 1 and 3. i think that the transition from waking state to sleep paralysis state can be seen as a projection.
    maybe you know this kind of experience: you are very sleepy and try hard to stay awake. if you dont loose consciousness you experience the mentioned transition as kinda real movement and suddenly you are in between sleep and waking state.
    if you do it from normal waking state then the transition happens smoothly and you dont feel this movement sensation. maybe this sensation can be seen as kinda 'exit sensation'.
    i cant relate to the 2. type because i dont regard projections withou exit sensations as projections.
    i also dont really know what you mean with the right picture.