Thread: Do I feel the sensations right away?

akashic610 Guest

Do I feel the sensations right away?

This is my 3rd day of NEW work. It talks about being about to feel a tingling sensations, or sensations of hotness and coldness and things like that. Do these sensations come right away, or do they require a little time and practice?

operasinger Guest
    We all are different but for me it started right away....

Blog Entries
    I felt tingling, buzzing, pulsing, but no temp. changes. So like operasinger said, we're all different.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

thehammer Guest
    I'm in the same boat as you akashic610. I haven't been practicing NEW for very long. I did some a few months ago on my hands but have only really got started recently. I'm working on my feet at the moment. Some of the sensations I have felt are cold burning, pins and needles, a deep tickling and a pleasant warmth. I've found so far that it takes a while to become sensitive to these sensations. Possibly, as Robert writes in his book, some areas need to be unblocked in order to feel energy passing through them, which can be done by drawing energy in and around the area, if I remember correctly...

thehammer Guest
    I know this is somewhat unrelated to this thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread when I could ask a question about energy here. Anyway...

Robert recommends in his book that one should work on the secondary system for about a year before stimulating the primary centres. By this, does he mean working on the centres in the feet or the hands for instance? Or have I misunderstood something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer
    I know this is somewhat unrelated to this thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread when I could ask a question about energy here. Anyway...

Robert recommends in his book that one should work on the secondary system for about a year before stimulating the primary centres. By this, does he mean working on the centres in the feet or the hands for instance? Or have I misunderstood something?
    What book does he say this in? In MAP he has you working on the secondary centers for a month before getting into the primaries.
    In my edition of Astral Dynamics, (Copyrighted on 1999) he says: "I do not recommend serious primary center development work to be undertaken to any great extent until the NEW secondary system...has been practiced for at least three months."
    My guess is that AD was written first, and MAP is more OBE-specific. And you really don't get very heavily into it until after the fifth week.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

thehammer Guest
    AHHH! :S I don't know how but I got it all mixed up! You're right. The recommendation is actually three months! I wrongly remembered what I read. I apologise for wasting your time .