Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This has probably been discussed several times

shaitanx Guest

This has probably been discussed several times

However, I dont totally understand Astral Projection, nor am I totally convinced. I'm 14 years old. My father told me about it when I was about 10, but he just briefly talked about it, and how he's done it. Sure, I believed him, I was ten, he was my dad, why would he lie? Then, last night, my friend was talking to me about it. He's 17 and he claims to have done it several times. He tells me all about it, gives me several links, and I myself found some interesting eBooks on it. EVERYTHING I have read, just seems like a normal dream to me..

I mean, you can dream your in your friends dream, you can dream your in another state, another universe, you can dream your flying, you can dream your talking to dead relatives, you can dream your in another universe... You can dream just about anything. No, you can dream anything.

So, maybe I dont understand, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right?

Could Astral Projection just be dreaming? I dont see how its scientifically possible for your soul to leave your body. And this silver chord business seems strange. Seems like something from The Matrix or the Sci-Fi channel.

Please convince me otherwise,
    nick =]

An often asked question. There is no 'proof' that will convince you. If you look, there are many posts asking whether they had a dream or an OBE (in some cases both) - try the search function. Knowledgeable people have tried to answer these questions.

In my experience they are different and have different properties. With some experience with each, you will begin to notice the differences. What exactly those differences are is not entirely agreed upon.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

shaitanx Guest
    Hm..

Could for example, I ask my friend to tape something to his window, such as a sign he wrote, and then I [while astral projecting] fly to his house, read it, and then tell him the next day what it says? Would that work, or would I not see the sign, or would something else conflict this?

Or, could two people astral projecting speak to each other, and then the next day discuss [in real life] what they were talking about, and then if they both agree on what they were saying, then, it's real?

shaitanx Guest
    Sorry for the double post, but, I just.. I think I'm losing my mind.

Just now, as I was lying down to go to sleep, I figured, hey, why not try an OBE. [I've never tried before, and I wasnt sure what to do].

As I understand, you must lie down, relax yourself, clear all thoughts from your head, and you should feel a vibration. Then, you lift yourself using one of many methods [the rope for example] and you're free.

That's probably incorrect, but, that's what I tried.

So, I'm lying here, total darkness, except for the little light coming from my window. 4:00 am. I'm relaxed, I have no thoughts in my head.. This took me about 10 minutes.

Then, I start feeling these weird vibrations around my eyes, then progressing quickly throughout my entire body. I become frightened. I think I was just imagining them, as it is unlikely for me to successfully OBE on my first attempt. However, I was convinced I could OBE at this time. I started trying to lift myself, then I chicked out and opened my eyes and thrusted my hands around. [As I heard if you move, you instantly return to your body]. I was so scared. I didnt know what to do, I turned my light on, and I just sat there, scared out of my mind. I dont know why I chickened out...

Could those vibrations have actually happened?
    Did I imagine them?
    or Maybe I was just falling asleep..

Any ideas?

PS. even now I'm shaking

I'd say check it out... the sign thing sounds good or you could just pay a visit astrally & then go check out what you 'saw' & see if it corresponds.

I don't think there is anything intrinsically wrong with checking what's happening objectively & it will build confidence in what's going on when you get things right.

*grins* Of course then you have the problem of maybe you dreamed a true dream...?

EDIT: I answered the post before...

Don't be scared. But next time, try protecting yourself before starting so you feel safer - then realise no matter what, you can always 'snap' back into your body if anything happens that feels too weird for you. Have a look here for ways to protect yourself
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

shaitanx Guest
    But then, if its not real and your just dreaming, whats the point of any of this?

I understand its fun, and yes, that is a good reason to do this, but I'd much rather it be real and it be happening. =P

However, I'd still do it.

Please reply to my previous post [that i double posted]

Well, you ain't never gonna no if you don't have a go. If you try several things & nothing proves out then you can move on to other things in your life.

But you might just discover some truths that change your life or ways to view things that make more sense than the nutty world we've been presented with.

There are no guarantees - you may try things & fail & still there is something really there & you missed it; or you could try & find things but the explanation is something a bit different to what you are currently wishing for.

Or rather there is one guaranteee - if you try nothing you will never be disappointed - until the time comes to leave this life & you realise you missed it all.

Summon your courage, prepare as best you can, & give it a shot.

shaitanx Guest
    I will tryy, I just want somebody to guide me through it, someone with firsthand experience, such as my father.

Do you think the vibrations were those of a OBE?

Still need replies to my insanity post.

=p

I was so unbelievably scared about half an hour ago.

Nah... you're too worried to be losing your mind. That's a sure sign of sanity.

There are no hard & fast rules here - you certainly could have an OBE first time. The vibrations could easily have been imagined but I think it's unlikely - you describe them quite clearly & not in any vague way.

The fear is probably because we grow attached to our bodies - if it was an easy thing to leave them lots of people would do it; I think it's likely that when we don this body of mass we 'agree' to stay & the fear would seem a good way to ensure we don't just abandon things at a slight excuse.

Try it again; set yourself an easy target & maybe even a time limit to return. Then as you grow in confidence start setting tasks to show you whether or not you are seeing the real world when out & about.

Do some more reading; there are different levels out there, some of which mimic the real world (so you might not see the note even if you go to the friend's bedroom) & some of which are created by the astral self & may not correspond to reality at all. Learn as much as you can about it all - it will decrease your fears.

shaitanx Guest
    Thanks, and I suppose I am sane [for now].

Also, I read before that if you make any movement on your physical body, you'll snap back to it.

What if you have a friend standing by you at all times, and after a certain time, just sorta nudge you or move your arm a little, so you wake up.. Would that work?

Seems ridiculous, but, lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast