Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

Ibzy Guest

Sleep Paralysis

Hey again people
    just wondering if anyone here knows an effective way of inducing sleep paralysis?
    i ask due to my inability to project as of late. i used to 'suffer' from sleep paralysis before finding out about AP, actually it was the reason i read about it, and since trying projection i have noticed that every successful exit had a sleep paralysis stage.

thanks peeps

Blog Entries
    I don't think this works, but I've read that if you can lay still and not move a muscle past the point where you feel that you have to move (and resist it) you'll go into sp.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ibzy Guest
    ah, resist the 'h\ve to move' sensation, its worth a try i guess.
    i've heard/read quite a few people saying that AP isnt attainable via SP, but it seems to be the only way i can acheive it....so best to try and find out rather than not to and be left wondering
    thanks CF

Blog Entries
    I think phasing or remote viewing will be better attained from the sp point, if you can ignore the scary stuff that sometimes comes up. I for one haven't, but then don't get it as often as I used to before I learned to do energy work.

Don't think that will work, but its excellant meditation practice.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

rep Guest

I have been a chronic suffer or sleep paralysis since around 5 years old. It happened at least once a week, and at the worst, 7 times a week. I say “suffered”, because until about a year ago, I had no idea it could be related to AP. I didn’t mind a lot of the experiences, and enjoyed some of them, but the bad ones…oh the bad ones..would find me grabbing a Bible attempting to fight off the demon I thought was possessing me.

Anyway,
    I can’t say that I can induce it myself, but there are a few factors that can almost guarantee I’ll have it. One would b to lie on your back. While this is not a requirement for me to get there, I believe it helps, not to mention, from my minuscule experience, it’s easier to get out of your body from this position. Other then that, it happens quite often when I take a nap after work, or when I was younger, after school. I would say that gives me a 75 to 80% chance of it happening. Of course, all this comes from a person, that from what I’ve read, just gets into this state unlike anyone I’ve ever heard.

I’m going to PM another thing, cause even though I’m just sharing knowledge I have obtained, and it is just information, it’s pretty dangerous.

kmD Guest
    i think inducing sleep paralysis wouldnt be effective. ill go one step further and say its very improbable to occur.
    sleep paralysis, is basically a mind block. i call it the "over flow valve" of the energy cycle. its like the two holes at the top of the sink. your body is full and needs to displace this energy and sleep paralysis is the occurance of that displacement. In all actuality, the only thing keeping you from moving is fear that is associated with "night terrors". So when you learn that it is in fact possible to move, you can never go back to un-knowing that. Its like learning there is no Santa Claus, once you know the truth there is no going back to the unknown. instead sleep paralysis becomes spontanious OBE.
    anyway, i have found when projections become harder to obtain there are one of two causes. I am either pushing myself too hard too often or im not getting enough physical exercise. i would recommend just doing energy work for awhile and not trying to project.

Ibzy Guest
    theres no Santa Clause? :cry:

thanksf ro teh feedback, though i would disagree with you about SP being a 'mind block' and an overflow of energy, due it more or less being a simple state of: mind-awake, body-asleep.
    The only things link these 'night terrors' to SP is un-learned people having the experience. They 'awake' in a state where they are unable to breathe, make a noise, and move entirely, and because of either their close mindedness or their lack of knowledge in the subject, their mind goes into a state of shock, 'inventing' something (often a demon) to be a cause for it.

as for the link to AP, its quite straight forward as the Mind-awake, body-asleep state is one of the most basic requirements for a full, memorable projection.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    rep said:
    I didn’t mind a lot of the experiences, and enjoyed some of them, but the bad ones…oh the bad ones..would find me grabbing a Bible attempting to fight off the demon I thought was possessing me.
    Dweller on the Threshold:
    http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear

Blog Entries
    Kmd wrote:
    sleep paralysis, is basically a mind block. i call it the "over flow valve" of the energy cycle. its like the two holes at the top of the sink. your body is full and needs to displace this energy and sleep paralysis is the occurance of that displacement. In all actuality, the only thing keeping you from moving is fear that is associated with "night terrors". So when you learn that it is in fact possible to move, you can never go back to un-knowing that. Its like learning there is no Santa Claus, once you know the truth there is no going back to the unknown. instead sleep paralysis becomes spontanious OBE.
    OK, one more time: When a person goes to sleep, the body sends chemicals to paralyze the arms and legs. This is so that when you are dreaming, you don't get up and act out your dreams, which could be dangerous. People who sleepwalk have a problem where the chemical isn't enough to paralyze the limbs, and people who get sleep paralysis wake up before their bodies stop producing the chemical to keep the limbs paralyzed. It is a physical problem for both sides of the coin. Sleepwalking happens a lot at a certain time (a few years before the onset of puberty, if I'm not mistaken) and moments of high stress. Some people just have more tendencies for it. SP was more of a problem for me when I was in my teens, but I occasionally still get it, with hag.
    It is not a spiritual problem- it is a physical problem.
    Is it a good platform to OBE? Only if you're not consumed by fright.
    Oh, and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
    It is an archetype.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast