Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

Ibzy Guest
    ooh, is that actually what it is? i never knew exactly how the body got paralyzed lol.
    however, the deal with it being when u wake up before the chemicals have stopped being produced just doesnt sound right to me as all previous SP encounters have required me to 'go back to sleep' before being able to wake up, rather than a slow awakening with the limbs eventually (or suddenly?) being able to move again

Tempestinateapot Guest
    doesnt sound right to me as all previous SP encounters have required me to 'go back to sleep' before being able to wake up
    That's just your personal experience. It's not the same for everyone. Most people can get out of sleep paralysis just by wanting to. The act of trying to move your big toe (I think that's what Robert recommends) most likely causes the balance of chemicals to change, which allows you to move. If your brain isn't working quite normally (as in sleep walkers), the balance of chemicals is just off for some neurological reason.

The phenomena of the Dweller on the Threshold (or as CF called it, the "hag"), is perfectly normal, but the cause isn't really known. But, it's nothing to fear.

rep Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestinateapot
    rep said:
    I didn’t mind a lot of the experiences, and enjoyed some of them, but the bad ones…oh the bad ones..would find me grabbing a Bible attempting to fight off the demon I thought was possessing me.
    Dweller on the Threshold:
    http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear

I believe I posted this here before, but the experience I regarded with my prior post…

A lot of times, other then lying down, prior to falling asleep and experiencing SP, sometimes, it’s as if I did fall asleep at one point for a small amount of time, then come back around in SP.

In this case, that’s what happened. I fell somewhat asleep and was coming around while in SP. I was also having a conversation with something. Becoming more and more awake, I started to realize what was happening, though the conversation was still going on. Finally, I was more awake then asleep, and remnants of the conversation were fading, though I was still communicating with this…whatever, for a few seconds, not remembering fully what was being discussed, but knowing it was about what was currently happening with me. Eventually, nearly fully awake, I said my final sentence to the “being”; “why are you doing this to me?”….and at almost 100% lucid…I’d say like 98%. I knew where I was, I knew how I got there, and I could feel I was about to wake up. I also knew, that I was just having a conversation, and being so awake, I would not get a response…99%, feeling the rush that I always feeling before snapping out of it…and…

“You know why”.

As clear as someone sitting next to me, in a deep, crackly voice, I heard those words. That was the craziest thing that’s ever happened during SP, and I’ve had some crazy things happen. The thing is, I knew why.

Anyway, while I was extremely scared after that happened, I wasn’t all that worried when I wasn’t conscious enough to realize exactly what was happening.

Anyone can describe it as purely physical and/or a manifestation of my mind, but luckily, as most people must enjoy their own subjective determination of where you go when you AP, I can apply my own subjective description that it was something more then a technological mishap of my brain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2