Thread: did my painkillers upset my obe exit?

Joe Guest

did my painkillers upset my obe exit?

Last night, I was in the middle of a projection, just exiting my body, tried to get away from body then slipped back in.

A couple of factors might have contributed, all or one of them .

(1) I was laying on my side.
    (2) I had taken a strong pain killer before hand.
    (3) Noise from above my room
    (4) Did I open my eyes prematurely?

I have a gut feeling that it was the painkiller that did the damage. What was interesting though, was the sensation afterwards. I was having trouble sleeping, but as i lay on my back trying to sleep, I felt like I wanted to float out, like I was expanding outward, but that I needed to be in trance before i could exit, either that or more spiritually developed than I am currently. I believe that if I am more spiritually developed in the coming years, I will be able to separate myself at will, without trance. Thats my aim at least.

Blog Entries

Re: did my painkillers upset my obe exit?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Last night, I was in the middle of a projection, just exiting my body, tried to get away from body then slipped back in.

A couple of factors might have contributed, all or one of them .

(1) I was laying on my side.
    I used to project from the side all the time (rolloff method). Back pain stopped that. Now I have to lie on my back or reclined. So I don't think it was that.
    (2) I had taken a strong pain killer before hand.
    It depends on how strong. I have projected using NSAIDs, but once I had cramps and only partially projected- except for the torso. I think the pain was sending signals to my brain, not allowing my consciousness to completely dissasociate from my body.
    (3) Noise from above my room
    More than likely. I have been brought back by noise more than once. However, when you're in the hypnagogic or hypnopompic state, your sense of hearing becomes very sensitive, so the noise could have been augmented by the fact that you were already reintegrating with your body.
    (4) Did I open my eyes prematurely?
    IDK, but if you opened your physical eyes then you weren't in deep enough (or were already coming out of it).

I have a gut feeling that it was the painkiller that did the damage. What was interesting though, was the sensation afterwards. I was having trouble sleeping, but as i lay on my back trying to sleep, I felt like I wanted to float out, like I was expanding outward, but that I needed to be in trance before i could exit, either that or more spiritually developed than I am currently. I believe that if I am more spiritually developed in the coming years, I will be able to separate myself at will, without trance. Thats my aim at least.
    It could be, some painkillers are hypnotics, mess with your natural sleep patterns, some are not/don't. All this could be possible. Were you still feeling pain? As to projecting awake, good luck with that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I take painkillers (several varieties) and the only thing they do to keep me from OBEing is they make me fall alseep and miss the adventure.