Hi there,

I have a theory about the subtle erasing of dream information when you are woken up by someone/something(not natural waking).

I think that the first copy of the dream information is located in a kind of 'ram memory' which is only temporary and lasts just a small amount of time until it's either copied to a part of memory or is erased.

I've noticed that to keep the dream information longer, you need to take a few minutes thinking about the information contained in this 'ram memory'. It'll be placed in a part of memory that will last longer, you'll then have more time to write it in case you keep a dream journal.

Now, when someone or something wakes you up, your attention turn to what is happening, who is the person and assimilating the reason for the sleep-break. When this happens, the space in this 'ram memory' is occupied by this outside attention and you end up forgetting the dream information, because your brain had to make more space(or just thought the information was useless, since you didn't pay attention to it) to store the information you're actually paying attention to.

Just a theory, but kind of makes sense, in my view.
If anyone have another theory or and to discuss this one, would be nice to know your thoughts about it.

Thanks for you time,
Bye.