Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini and Sex Drive

Snowman23 Guest

Kundalini and Sex Drive

Has anyone else noticed a sharp drop or a complete loss of sex drive as a result of Kundalini-related phenomenon? Since possibly awakening my kundalini I have lost all interest in dating, and all that sort of typical 'teenage stuff' in general. It seems to have been stripped away along with the reduction of ego. I may still find someone attractive, but it's on a different level.

I personally find it liberating. If anyone relates, does it last?

blacktiger057 Guest
    Yeah, once I started kundalini I noticed a difinate decrease in sexual interest. You look at the opposite sex in a totally different way. Although this is better for starting a healthy relationship.

Blog Entries
    If I were to guess, from a technical point of view, I would say that when new energy pathways are created, then your energy is 'deflected' to other places. Judging from mythology, I think that once you adapt to your new pathways, you also increase energy flow, or amount of energy to accomodate the flow, making the sex drive come back. (Just a guess).

Looking at it in another way, I would say that you start looking at (or for) a partner that is going to nurture and support your evolvement, since a focus on physicality is part of the limited way of looking at things, and while it has its place in a relationship, it's not the sole reason or the focus for it.

I like #2 better but I'm a girl.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

star Guest
    Hooya CTF!

Christian Guest
    Yeah, I've noticed a change in my sex drive, to be less than before. I don't need that release in the same way. I believe it's related to activating kundalini. I'm in the process of releasing energy and balancing my chakras and energy body. And I've noticed similarities in some energy pulses I get sometimes when I'm doing kundalini meditation to physical orgasm. It's like a miniorgasm in the root chakra. Similar but less intense.

I mainly prefer, at the moment, to release the energy through meditation with kundalini than through sex.

And it also relates to looking at the opposite sex in a total different perspective and light. Add the spiritual dimension to life and the world alters before your eyes.

Snowman23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    And it also relates to looking at the opposite sex in a total different perspective and light. Add the spiritual dimension to life and the world alters before your eyes.
    That's exactly what I like about it. It's like a burden has been lifted. I now view beauty in a completly different way. I would also think it clears your perception and judgement.

I beleive it makes me a more productive and clear person overall.

Zak Guest
    Cool guys,

Personally I haven't intentionally raised kundalini for quite some time as I am working some stuff out first, but I have read a lot on the subject and I do know that the sexual enrgy comes from the same place as the Kundalini energy. It is the CREATIVE force hence the same force in us that we use to pro-CREATE

I know that the sexual drive originates in the lower animal self and if we aknowledge and respond to these urges then it is a hindrance to kundalini awakening. Instead the spiritual desire for union is awakened with kundalini instead of the urge to "get off" so to speak.

I guess tantra, the act of raising kundalini through sex is conserving the energy and moving it upwrds as oposed to releasing the energy in the "non-spiritual" way and forming what one author calls the demon tail... Strange name but it makes sense as this loss of energy prevents it from being conserved and transmuted to higher energy.

Does that make sense?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary
    Cool guys,

Personally I haven't intentionally raised kundalini for quite some time as I am working some stuff out first, but I have read a lot on the subject and I do know that the sexual enrgy comes from the same place as the Kundalini energy. It is the CREATIVE force hence the same force in us that we use to pro-CREATE

I know that the sexual drive originates in the lower animal self and if we aknowledge and respond to these urges then it is a hindrance to kundalini awakening. Instead the spiritual desire for union is awakened with kundalini instead of the urge to "get off" so to speak.

I guess tantra, the act of raising kundalini through sex is conserving the energy and moving it upwrds as oposed to releasing the energy in the "non-spiritual" way and forming what one author calls the demon tail... Strange name but it makes sense as this loss of energy prevents it from being conserved and transmuted to higher energy.

Does that make sense?
    It makes sense in a technical sort of way, but there is an inherent judgement in it that bothers me. It presupposes that procreation in the physical sense is somehow inferior by producing physical children. I do agree that 'getting off' for it's own sake is basically removing energy that builds up, and it could be used for the person who is ready to raise their kundalini, but then not everyone is ready to do it (I myself am not ready, and question my sanity every day (or almost every day, anyway). So I would suggest that physical sexuality is a protective mechanism (taking aside the procreation part of it) to protect an individual from spontaneous kundalini rising when they're not ready for it. It still is a judgemental and dualistic way of looking at it, but imo a bit less so than the standard 'guru/enlightened/superior' reason that is usually given.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Christian Guest
    Doing what tantrists (is that the name?) is doing, converting sexual energy to more refined types of energy seems quite far away for me. I find the sexual energy to strong at the moment.

It's difficult to concentrate on energy raising and energy converting during sex. So if one can control that I would say that that person is advanced in energy work.

I would agree with all you said in your last post Snowman. Now it's a total different league All to the best. And I really like not being bombarded with sexual thoughts all the time as I used to be.

Love
    /C

Zak Guest
    CFT yeah, I guess I could have bee nclearer with my wording. Sexual activity that's not for procreation and not for kundalini raising can still be spiritual and or not damaging to spirituality and your own energy body.

What I'm thinking of ass the "bad" or not soo good stuff is the lusting aspect of it. The stuff we sometimes act on or have acted on because o the way sexuality is portrayed in the media.

Again I'm no expert here :p

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast