This is what my "rational" mind tells me:
Accepting that A) the Universe is bigger than we can ever imagine, with an infinite number of galaxies, infinite numbers solar systems and even more planets and that B) we are physical proof of intelligent life in the Universe, statistically speaking, there should be a LOT of life in the Universe.

C) The odds though that the life forms's environment is timed just like ours is, letting them evolve in a similar way and that their civilization is pretty much made like our own and that they have the technology to travel safely in light-speed, the motivation to start searching for life, and actually are located in a reasonable distance from our solar system, my rational thinking tells me are SMALL. Veeery small. That's why I don't give a damn about "UFO reports" and "sightings". No offence ufo-fans.

This is what my philosophical mind tells me:
All life in the Universe comes from the same source, the entire Universe itself is just a myriad of manifestations of it's true Self, the One that once it has explored itself fully, will return to being Nothing, then restart the process, it's scientifically proved that the Universe expands, slows down, and then retracts. I believe this version of the Universe is in it's late 30s or something.

This is what something else tells me:
Intelligent non-terrestial life has played a huge role in bringing life, water and other substances to earth.

This is what my own beliefs tells me:
The physical universe is the lowest of the planes and doesn't matter that much to me. Most ufo / divine contact between us humans and other beings most likely takes place in the upper astral dimensions as suggested by another poster above, thus making the question irrelevant. Who cares what types of candy there is in the candy store if you can take the bus to the actual factory

This is something I feel from deep within my soul:
I myself am, like many others, perhaps all of us, an "alien", in that sense that I've always had a strong connection to the stars, astronomy and other stuff since even before I learned to read / speak properly. Google starseeds, indigo and crystal children.

Just sharing my views in hopes of getting them updated and perhaps influencing other's. Peace out