Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What will you do after physical death?

Tempestinateapot Guest

What will you do after physical death?

I'll be quoting from one of the Seth books. I, personally, think that much of what is said in these quotes is true. I'm sharing because I find it really useful information, particularly for those who might fear death, or for those who have a desire to skip past much of the illusions we can trap ourselves in after death and therefore get on with creating our new existence. Feel free to debate, but I won't be participating in any "debates", as I'm comfortable with this knowledge. I might make some comments in regards to the material. There is a lot of info, so I'll be posting a number of different times.

Seth speaks about a "time of choosing", which is that time when we have evolved past earthly illusions and the desire to stay within the earth's particular system. At that point, we have many options open to us, and it's all based on our choice. All of the quotes are from the book, "Seth Speaks, The Eternal Validity of the Soul", by Jane Roberts. In each quote, it is the disembodied entity, Seth, who is speaking by means of channeling through Jane Roberts.
    __________________________________________________ _____

"This is the time you perceive as death. What you want to know, therefore, is what happens when your consciousness is directed away from physical reality, and when, mometarily, it seems to have no image to wear.

Quite practicually speaking, there is no one answer, for each of you is an individual. Generally speaking, of course, there is an answer that will serve to cover main issues of this experience, but the kinds of deaths have much to do with the experience that consciousness undergoes. Also involved is the development of the consciousness itself and it's over-all characteristic method of handling experience.

The ideas that you have involving the nature of reality will strongly color your experiences, for you will interpret them in the light of your beliefs, even as now you interpret daily life according to your ideas of what is possible or not possible.

The fear of death itself can cause such a psychological panic that out of a sense of self-preservation and defense you lower your consciousness so that you are in a state of coma, and you may take some time to recover.

A belief in hell fires can cause you to hallucinate Hade's conditions. A belief in a sterotypical heaven can result in a hallucination of heavenly conditions. You always form your own reality according to your ideas and expectations. This is the nature of consciousness in whatever reality it finds itself. Such hallucinations, I assure you, are temporary.

Consciousness must use it's abilities. The boredom and stagnation of a sterotypical heaven will not for long content the striving consciousness. There are teachers to explain the conditions and circumstances. You are not left alone, therefore, lost in mazes of hallucination. You may or may not realize immediately that you are dead in physical terms.

Experiences with projection of consciousness and knowledge of the mobility of consciousness, are therefore very helpful as preparations for death. You can experience the after-death environment beforehand, and learn the conditions that will be encountered. (pages 119 and 120)

Now, for those of you who are lazy, I can offer no hope. Death will not bring you an eternal resting place. You may rest, if you wish, for a while. Not only must you use your abilities after death, however, but you must face up to yourself for those that you did not use during your previous existence.

Now, you may or may not be greeted by friends or relatives immediately following death. This is a personal matter, as always. Overall, you may be far more interested in people that you have known in past lives than those close to you in the present one, for example. (page 121)

You do not pretend to love a parent who did little to earn your respect or love. Telepathy operates without distortion in this after-death period, so you must deal with the true relationships that exist between yourself and all relatives and friends who await you. You will not automatically be wise if you were not so before, but neither will there be a way to hide from your own feelings, emotions, or motives. Whether or not you accept inferior motives in yourself or learn from them is still up to you. The opportunities for growth and development are very rich.

You examine the fabric of the existence that you have left, and you learn how to understand your experiences were the result of your own thoughts and emotions and how these affected others. Until this examination is through, you are not yet aware of the larger portions of your identity. When you realize the significance and meaning of the life you have just left, then you are ready for conscious knowledge of your other existences.

You become aware, then, of an expanded awareness. What you are begins to include what you have been in other lives, and you begin to make plans for your next physical existence, if you decide upon one. You can instead enter another level of reality, and then return to a physical existence if you choose." (page 122)

A teaser for the next post...

"The time of choosing is dependent upon the condition and circumstances of the individual following transition from physical life. Some take longer than others to understand the true situation.

Others must be divested of many impeding ideas and symbols. The time of choosing may happen almost immediately, in your terms, or it may be put off for a much longer period while training is carried on. The main impediments standing in the way of the time of choosing are, of course, the faulty ideas harbored by any given individual." (pages 158, 159)

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    I've been reading Seth Speaks lately; good stuff, that.

As for what I'd do... good question. The short of it is that I'll probably be taking a long vacation. Create myself a nice place somewhere to relax and operate from (assuming it's not already there or I don't create it before I die), and do a lot of hanging out and catching up with anyone I know who's already there. Learn more about the nature of everything, at my leisure. Exist as a wandering visitor of various systems, including earth, to have whatever experiences I want to have. But no more frickin incarnative cycles for a while.

Blog Entries
    I liked the Seth books. Even if he did keep calling her Ruburt.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Astral Exorcist Guest
    I really enjoyed reading the thread. Thankyou

faerylight Guest
    Sometimes, I cannot wait for this incarnation to be over, lol. "Earth Duty" has not been my fave so far.

I would like to go to a realm that's much more positive and much more advanced. I have a feeling I have spent a lot of time in a place like that in previous incarnations and would like to go back.

I was also thinking of being someone's guide, that this incarnation is part of the schooling for that. But maybe I'm just trying to make some sense out of all the crap I have been through, because I want to believe that all the pain and misery I have experienced has a positive point to it - to help others later on (linear time again, hard to put it into words of all things happening concurrently). Part of me does not want to think it's all just random happenstance, but, maybe it is.

I do also wonder about if where you are at in your soul's journey is reflected in how human children develop and are educated - meaning similarities are to be found in those who are at similar stages of development. Kindergarten, we all finger paint. Junior High, we all start learning Algebra. College, we all start specializing in our field of study.

I don't believe in heaven or hell at all. I do wonder if we, this incarnation's consciousness, gets downloaded and assimilated back into the Higher Self. Seems that process can take some time, depending whether or not someone is fragmented, what their beliefs were while alive, etc.

Interesting thread.

Blog Entries
    fl wrote:
    I would like to go to a realm that's much more positive and much more advanced. I have a feeling I have spent a lot of time in a place like that in previous incarnations and would like to go back.
    Maybe you were bored. As hard to believe as that is.
    There is an author (Mira knows the name) that proposes that our essence gets divided, one having no memories, just the joy of being, the other the one that carries the memories and creates the 'in between' existence, and at the end (what ever the 'end' may be) if we have integrated our conscious mind with our subconscious to an extent they can be reintegrated. It's a somewhat similar (but with a different viewpoint) idea that what Monroe explored with soul rescues and his idea that we were here (and astral projection was a means to) integrate our left and right brain processes, to bring a little 'consciousness' to the world of the 'subconscious' (which is how he saw the astral when he formulated these ideas.)
    And of course, it reminds me of some things in the Gospel of Thomas about reconciling the inner with the outer. It all seems to point to the same idea, more or less.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    More cool info, basically about how to get in touch with yourself:

"Personality changes whether it is within a body or outside of it, so you will change after death as you change before it. In those terms, it is ridiculous to insist upon remaining as you are now, after death. It is the same as a child saying: 'I am going to grow up, but I am never going to change the ideas that I have now.' The multidimensional qualities of the psyche allow it to experience an endless realm of dimensions. Experience in one dimension in no way negates existence in another.

You have been trying to squeeze the soul into tight concepts of the nature of existence, making it follow your limited beliefs. The door to the soul is open, and it leads to all the dimensions of experience.

If you think, however, that the self as you know it is the end or summation of yourself, then you also imagine your soul to be a limited entity bounded by it's present ventures in one life alone, to be judged accordingly after death on the performance of a few paltry years.

In many ways this is a cozy concept, though to some it can be quite frightening with its connotations of eternal damnation. It is far too tidy an idea, however, to hint at the rich embellishments that are at the heart of divine creativitiy. The soul stands both within and without the fabric of physical life as you know it.

You will not find yourself by running from teacher to teacher, from book to book. You will not meet yourself through following any particular specialized method of meditation. Only by looking quietly within the self that you know can your own reality be experienced, with those connections that exist between the present or immediate self and the inner identity that is multidimensional.

There must be a willingness, and acquiescence, a desire. If you do not take the time to examine your own subjective states, then you cannot complain if so many answers seem to elude you. You cannot throw the burden of proof upon another, or expect a man or teacher to prove to you the validity of your own existence. Such a procedure is bound to lead you into one subjective trap after another.

...the doorways are open. You have only to experience the moment as you know it as fully as possible - as it exists physically within the room, or outside in the streets of the city in which you live. Imagine the experience present in one moment of time over the globe, then try to aprecciate the subjective experience of your own that exists in the moment and yet escapes it - and this mutiplied by each living individual.

This exercise alone will open your perceptions, increase your awareness and automatically expand your appreciation of your own nature. The "you" who is capable of such expansion must be a far more creative and multidimensional personality than you earlier imagined.
    (Pages 363 - 365)

bad buddhist Guest

Re: What will you do after physical death?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestinateapot
    Now, for those of you who are lazy, I can offer no hope. Death will not bring you an eternal resting place. You may rest, if you wish, for a while. Not only must you use your abilities after death, however, but you must face up to yourself for those that you did not use during your previous existence.
    I'm getting old and tired...and lazier. I wish for a substantial period of rest and renewal because living is such a shock. I would like to take long, peaceful naps, divided by short periods of dreaming during which I could hear Jerry Butler sing "For Your Precious Love", then fall back to sleep.

What if we didn't use our abilities because conditions during earth life led us to believe we weren't good enough to actually perform those things that we loved but had no confidence in?

Blog Entries
    I would not despair. You sound a bit like it.

You are good enough, it is always you making the decision. Your mind is always there, and growing personal maturity is always possible.

I do understand of course that not all people have the same amount of difficulty in life. This is not to belittle any of your difficulties! I just something can always be done - the work will not be lost.

The period of inter-life healing and renewal is there for a reason, I think. I find it soothing to think that the people I have lost came to a better place to recover and start their lives again with a somewhat-clean slate.

As long as you make some progress, be it as small as can be, your life is part of the big progress you're trying to make over all of your lives. No need to think bad of the amount - if anything is done at all, it will sum up.

Take good care,
    Oliver

alwayson4 Guest

Re: What will you do after physical death?

Read RB's sharp criticism towards Seth in the complete works pdf here:

http://astraldynamics.com/library/?BoardID=136

go to page 551 of 811 and start reading for the next few pages.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast