Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: TGrp:Alhaalim,Hasalameth,Flash_hound,nkd,Kevin,Jon estown

alhaalim Guest
    Flash_hound:

I know exactly what you mean, the breathing part is very hard, but not only when quietening the mind, I have the same problem when performing the full body bounce. I remember having read about this phenomenon occuring when performing the spine bounce. I belive this depends on me being to aware of what i'm doing, i'm trying to let go of it and after a while, with enough concentration i stop thinking about my breathing rhythm and I totally become one with the energy in my body. I think it's just about concentration.

hasalameth says hi we're sitting here, drinking tea preparing for today's training

Flash_hound Guest
    Tell him I said hi! Ya, it's the same sort of thing when you start to think about your breathing rhythm it's no longer involuntary. As I'm sitting here typing that sentence I am starting to think about my breathing and I have to control it until I can zone out and forget about it ...

Day 28 - Crown Center Stimulation + Rest Of The Centers
    Ok, so today I did the last day of stimulation which included the crown center. But before I go into that I have to tell my experience last night. When I was laying in bed I went back to why I blocked out my heart. I realized that I had tried to cover up my soul because I was afraid about the devil taking it because of a movie I had saw. But now after doing all of this reading I realized that if something did steal my soul I would be dead, and thus nothing had stole my soul, and nothing would without me knowing it. Somehow this comforted me and I felt a blaze of activity in my heart center and today after 5 minutes of stimulation I managed to activate my heart center! The next great thing that happened is I was working on my brow center and I felt an electric tingling there and then I felt something almost like someone had placed a partially melted ice cube there, it was pretty internal too but it felt good.

That's defiantly a step up from yesterday. Also last night I remembered 7 dreams. It was real because they all inter-related which was interesting. Also I thought about this forum twice in my dreams. One was me trying to find out about Qi Gong for a thread in the alternate energy forum and another was about my thread about EFT for lucid dreaming and OBE. Thinking about real life is a step towards Lucidity in dreams I believe, and that makes me really happy.

nkd Guest
    I do not have the music in my head problem but I think this could help: use the brainwave generator or any other binaural beat generator. Listen to the steady tone and remember what it sounds like. Then, when doing the exercises try listening with your mind to that tone. I sometimes do that and it helps with clearing my mind because I am concentrating on the sound of the tone which is very monotonous and kind of hypnotic.

About the dream keywords VS writing all the detail, I think the best method is writing keywords but not as "words" but as short sentences. Example:

living room of my house. friend talked to me. friend converts into green monster.

instead of:

house, monster, friend

alhaalim Guest
    yeah, I think that dreaming about relevant things in real life is a step closer to lucid dreaming. I've noticed that most of my dreams are more "real" now than in the beginning of the program, and I often become conscious in the dreams, knowing that I'm actually dreaming but I don't do anything about it. It might, for example, be that I notice someone using words in another language in the wrong way and i become conscious in the dream thinking: "hmm, that's wrong...this is a dream" but instead of thinking: "ok, i take the command" and becoming lucid i think: "oh well, he wants to say this word instead..." and just continuing dreaming.
    I think my problem is that the reality checks haven't really become routine in my life just yet, but it should come soon

Flash_hound Guest
    I'm on week 5 now and reality checks are just becoming routine... Ya I know... I even am getting my friends to remind me to reality check but they are are forgetting . I think what we both need to work on is when we are doing our reality checks to imagine, "OMG I am dreaming, drop back into astral plane!". Ya last night I had a dream that I had to go back to school for the first Monday of break and I thought, "This is like a nightmare..." Because I always have those dreams every break...

So anyway... here is my log...

Day 29 - Elevator Method for Trance
    First I have to let you guys in on what happened last night. I read ahead in my book and read about trance and all of those things and since I went to bed feeling mentally awake but physically exhausted (went for a run...) I decided I'd try to go into a trance. So I'm sitting there and just coaxing myself into a trance sort of doing the elevator technique sort of just letting myself partially fall asleep. When all of the sudden I imagine going up in my elevator rather than down like I am supposed to. All of a sudden I felt very light all around my body, very slippery? As if I could move around, my heart rate went way up and I could feel tingling in all of my extremities. I didn't get any vibrations except for a few twitches and I wasn't scared... I think maybe I had an inner projection but my consciousness didn't switch to it. I turned over after trying to get this feeling again on the side I was laying on. On the opposite side I also felt a similar feeling in my left arm, but it might have just been my arm being numb from me laying on it.

Anyway that was the big excitement of last night.

Today I did my first trance stuff and it was interesting. At first I couldn't visualize myself going down in the elevator I kept floating through the top well my body continued down in the elevator...Maybe good for an OBE technique but defiantly not good for getting into a trance. Then I imagined a mans hands holding me and putting me down slowly, which worked for a while but then I slipped through his hands in my elevator. Finally I figured a mans hands weren't working maybe a woman's hands would, so I imagined myself getting held up by a women who then rigged up some rubber bands and had me slowly "slink" down. This was very effective I think and I could pretty much feeling myself going further and further down. Also I felt detached from my arms which was very similar to last nights experiences... My legs posed a problem but I think they are just tense from my run last night. I don't know if I got into a light trance, I don't think so, but I was defiantly close.

hasalameth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alhaalim
    yeah, I think that dreaming about relevant things in real life is a step closer to lucid dreaming. I've noticed that most of my dreams are more "real" now than in the beginning of the program, and I often become conscious in the dreams, knowing that I'm actually dreaming but I don't do anything about it. It might, for example, be that I notice someone using words in another language in the wrong way and i become conscious in the dream thinking: "hmm, that's wrong...this is a dream" but instead of thinking: "ok, i take the command" and becoming lucid i think: "oh well, he wants to say this word instead..." and just continuing dreaming.
    I think my problem is that the reality checks haven't really become routine in my life just yet, but it should come soon
    Once, only once in this life, as far as I can remember, I had the luxury of one of my friends tell me within the dream, that it was a dream, and I went lucid. I mean, if that's not being spoiled, then what is? I was walking through a corridor in my old elementary school (floor 4, right side, facing tegnérlunden alhaalim), and a guy in my class walks up to me and goes "What are you doing here?", I reply, somewhat startled "What do you mean, I'm in school, why shouldn't I be here?" and he replies "This is a dream! Yoiu're dreaming!", I, quite shocked, realized that he was telling the truth, so I did a classic one and jumped right out of the window, fell into the concrete and woke up in real life. That was awesome.

*writes a summary of last couple of days' training*

hasalameth Guest
    Observations days: 14 and 15:

Day 14, I had dinner at alhaalims place, and after that we decided to try training together, he's one week ahead of me but we decided it wouldn't matter. So, we took off. It was super cool since we both experienced how the enrgy movements were significantly stronger than when training solo. I had a theory that "explained" this by the fact that now that we're in the same room, the amount of energy within the room and in contact with our energy body should be around twice as big, and it has already been made clear that humans share energy with eachother if they are linked and or physically close (think: psychic vampires, healers etc.). So this is definitely worth a try. I'm gonna start using people to just sit in the room with me, reading or something, so I can use their extra supply of energy for my training...

Another theory hints that we had a couple of (actually three-four) glasses of red wine just prior to practicing, so maybe the alcohol loosened up some energies, I dunno.

It was also challenging for the mind-taming practice because I could hear and sense alhaalim's presence. Also I missed my Astral Magic Starsign Leo insences . But still it was super nice, good job team!

After the meditation, a couple of mutual friends came over and we watched a movie together (I fell asleep in the couch, exhausted from clubbing the night before), one stayed over for the night, so it was hilarious when the alarm clock rang in the morning, both me and alhaalim mechanichally sat up and started writing down dream keywords, and the third friend was like "what the hell is going on?" and me and alhaalim replied at the same time "dream journal, shushh!".

Day 15:
    These are my realitychecks and LD objectives:
    *Count my fingers each time I see a tree, each time I see a car etc.
    *As soon as I thik of it, stop and ask our loud "is this reality or am I dreaming?"
    *switch a lamp on / off two or three times to see if it's working

*objective A - cross hands on chest and fall back (as suggested in the MAP)
    *objective B - jump up into the stars
    *objective C - will myself back to my kitchen - I chose the kitchen since I wanted to be able to approach my body, with the fear of just waking up if I will myself back directly into it, and if I by mistake think that it's a lucid dream when it's actually an spontaneous obe, I don't want to experience that astral noise static thing.

I found that the energy raising exercise works best when lying down in my bed, not the floor as I thought at first. When I was doing the raising, my cat was totally addicted to me, usually he doesn't give a damn about my meditation, but now he was all over me, especially at dan tien (sub navel energy storage center). My 3rd eye tends to follow the flow of the energy when raising energy.

I've been experiening more frequent déjàvu's but I think it could be because I had a rough weekend with little sleep, I usually get many déjàvus when I'm tired. I think it's because the veil that separates my conscious mind and my subconscious mind is thinner when I am stressed and tired.

Flash_hound: Cool you had that experience, I've been there too, even with crazy leg vibrations, but I don't wanna experiment going there before I'm trained to, since I've heard / read it could totally mess up your subtle body if not done right. And reading your log makes me long for week five, dude, you're like one week away from actually trying to project!!

Flash_hound Guest
    Thanks. It's awesome that you have someone to train with and I am very jealous of you.

Today I passed out. I was walking out of my moms room into my room and I started blacking out and said, "Wow, this is weird," and next thing I knew I was on the ground. My mom, being a healer, found out that I had a serious blockage in my stomach and governing meridian lines. This was from some emotional issues... so whatever. But I think that the practice of moving from one conciousness to another was actually something that saved me hear, I realized I was switching out of wakefulness and I was able to put my arms out infront of me so I didn't bang my head too bad. Weirdly when I passed out for about 5 seconds I started to dream immediatly and images popped into my head... and then I woke up just fine.

Ya, you can kind of skip ahead... I.. well to be honest... I skipped the mind taming week pretty much. I spent two weeks raising energy before I went to bed but I didn't have time to stare at a wall for 10 minutes. So I didn't do mind taming. There you go, my big confession. I still cleared my mind when walking or whatever, but I felt like mind taming was stopping me from moving on so I just skipped it and figured if it was a big issue I'd solve it.

@Hasalameth

Good thinking with the light switch, I am going to start implementing that. Another thing I did recently was watch really irratiional and weird cartoons in order to, "Simulate" my dream awareness. Since some of these cartoons are as weird as dreams. Also I did EFT to help with the lucid dreaming thing (check it out please in the OBE discussion board.) I tried to do the reality checks every time I sat down, or started a conversation. Or just when I thought about it.

That dream journal thing is hilarious btw. What dreams did you write down?

nkd Guest
    I once tried the light switch thing, and guess what? I turned on and off the light in a dream and I was able to see the light intensity. Maybe not as real but in my dream I did not noticed anything wrong lol.
    So.. what I do now for my reality check is ask myself if I am dreaming and try to extend my finger until it touches the wall. If it does extend that means I am am dreaming. I read this somewhere.
    For me it has not works yet because for some reason when I am in a dream I never ask myself if I am dreaming.

hasalameth Guest
    Day 16 observations and notes
    Mind taming time. It was fun, because when I had those brief moments of mental silence, I really really enjoyed it, my awareness flipped and suddenly I was so present in the Now, I could sense and feel my entire room and all the sounds and smells instantly, I was living outside in the now, not inside in the past / future of my chattering mind.

I don't think I was too successful this first time, I got up to number 6, which makes 6 x 8.7 (the time for a deep breath) = 52.2 sec ~ a minute.

And oh, for the small papers with the numbers on I want to tell you guys it's better to use regular paper + tape / glue, instead of post-it notes as these are weak and tend to fall off the wall...

Flash_hound do you experience any problems with mind-taming? I think skipping ahead is a bad idea, even if you feel like a natural and this comes to you very easily (it does to me), because even simple and small practice will help you master your own body/ies. But sure, if you're already a Zen master, go on!!

As for my dream, I dreamt I was playing hockey (I never dream that / do that IRL) with some people, then I sorta fell in love with one of the other teamplayers, an arabic / asian looking girl, but when I kissed her, twice, she turned all weird and went: "No, no you don't understand, this is very complicated! It's wrong". I said: "Whoa what, are you in a committed relationship already?" while thinking "here we go again... time to add another guy to the list of people who want me dead lol", but she replied "yes, but it's even more complicated than that, see, my boyfriend is crippled, he's in a wheelchair". I sorta got the feeling that she didn't really love him anymore, but that she felt that she had to take care of him somehow. I simply told her "If you stay with him, you should stay because of feelings of love, not of feelings of pity and patronizing" and I turned and walked away. Then the dream turned into a fantasy-like fighting dream where these barbaric guys tried to kill me with all kinds of swords and throwing axes. We saw 300 earlier that night and it must have influenced me.

There's two things that are weird about this dream. 1) I rarely dream of love and intrigues with women, especially if I am single, 2) movies and waking life activities rarely affect my dreams, but I sorta fell asleep during the 300 movie, drifting in and out of the movie ---> my sleep and dreams, so when I passed out later that night I guess my mind had a hard time figuring out what was real and what was a movie.

Flash_hound that experience sounds kinda freaky, is your house situated on a chi-crossing or what was the deal with that?

nkd - yeah I get the dreams where the lamps don't work but I don't give a damn about it lol. I've read about the finger-stretch too. Good luck!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast