Two days ago, I went to bed at about 6AM after working on an assignment all night... I found myself in complete darkness, or rather the absence of sight... I was like in cotton, completely formless, existing only as consciousness. I stayed in that state for what seemed like hours... I was conscious, but it all felt extremely blissful, like the action of simply waiting there was more entertaining and compelling than anything I could have ever tried to do.

It literally lasted for hours, like over 10 hours, yet when I woke up, it was 9AM. I was so convinced I had spent much more time "out" that I checked whether it was AM or PM... When I confirmed that it was indeed AM, I actually checked to see if I hadn't just spent over 24 hours sleeping!

And so, the particularly interesting part of this experience was the end of it... I basically was faced with a choice to make... It was a non-verbal communication question that came from within myself.

The question was: Do you want to leave, or go back?

I questioned myself about the meaning of this. When I thought about "leave", I saw a light figure in the darkness which I recognized as myself and it opened a door in the darkness, went inside it, and disappeared. It was implied that leaving like this was a permanent thing -- if you "leave," you "leave" forever.

Then, I thought about "go back" and I saw this same figure jumping down into the darkness, getting closer and closer to a small patch of light... This patch of light turned into a bubble, inside which I could see my room, the window by my bed, my bed, and my body.

For some reason, the choice felt very familiar. It's like it wasn't the first time I had to make this choice. I weighed the choices and chose "Go back."

When I did, I suddenly regained control of my body, and opened my eyes.

I was back indeed.

So... What happened there? Any similar experiences? Did I discover anything? :p