Thread: backpain and chakras...?

chips Guest

backpain and chakras...?

why is it that people who get highly stressed and/or hold in strong emotions, tend to have back pains? does the spine get strained or something? one possible explanation (maybe an unrealistic explanation) ive come up with is that when people get highly stressed their chakras get unbalanced or damaged. and since most of the main chakras are rooted to the spine, then perhaps this causes the spine pain?

Blog Entries
    I do not know about the chakras.

I just know about the fact that the spine is energetically one of the big connectors of many systems in the body. It also is physically often under duress.

The muscles of the back tend to shorten with bad posture and sedentiary life style. If you combine that with stress, muscles and tendons shorten further - without relaxation these will simply contract without ever elongating again.

In another sense it is a way to "store" stress the body did not expend in a fight/flight reaction.

If you combine these things you will see there are manifold reason why there is back pain and why people can be so extremely relieved when you "make it go away". Even without bringing the chakras into play....

So, who knows...

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Normally, I'll see an anwser like Korpo's and say, "Good answer doesn't need me to add anything." I did, however, hear Patti Conklin make an interesting statement in an interview with Dick Sutphen and I couldn't resist repeating it here. She said a lot of disease in the spine comes from people suppressing rather than dealing with emotional issues. Thus, the expression to "put it all behind me."
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Or "burden yourself", or "shoulder it". Folk sayings often contain a lot of psychological background, but it is a bit hard to say which is more true and which less.

Still, I think, since there is a connection with chakras and spine, I still hope someone, for example Aunt Clair, who knows a lot about chakras, gives their 2 astral cents.

Oliver

Rayson Guest
    I am a firm believer that what happens on one level of being cascades onto the others. So if you don't deal with emotional issues, for instance, you either store that as a ball of negative energy, which becomes a muscle knot perhaps?- or you block off energy channels that run through the back, and you reduce healthful energies that also run through those channels.

Blog Entries
    The Qigong master I love to read and practise his techniques is convinced that the energy bodies relate, but not always in obvious ways. Even things from a past life can have influence on your physical body.

One good example I have read elsewhere is that children of a very young age, say four, often talk about past lives and how they died in another life. Usually major body marks coincide with the locations where one was injured if it was a traumatic death, and the stories behind sometimes could be verified. So even things from the very high and subtle karmic body can carry over into the physical.

Generally the Qigong master says that "adjacent" energy bodies can have common blockages, like an emotional blockage causing dis-ease. The "size" of the blockage usually does not reflect between bodies. So big there, small here, and vice versa is possible. Furthermore this needs not to necessarily be, but can happen. The energy bodies are extremely complex and follow their own logic. They are, as many spiritual traditions suggest, a true microcosm.

Oliver

Rayson Guest
    Well put Korpo.

Blog Entries
    Or "burden yourself", or "shoulder it". Folk sayings often contain a lot of psychological background,
    So true, Korpo. In another thread I mentioned the television programme on heart recipients developing the tastes and memories of their donors and the theory that memory occurs in the heart as well as in the brain. It occurred to me that the expression for rote learning is to learn something, "off by heart," not "off by brain." Curious.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)