Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Partial Success?

landru27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Having said that - I often worry that if I am unable to find time during the day to meditate / trance etc that I will fall behind. Is this likely from your experience? or do you get to a point where your body simply remembers and you pick up from where you left off when you get the chance to devote more time again?
    I'm fairly new at all this, so my opinion is not a 'seasoned' opinion, but I find that there is usually some catching-up to do, but that it goes fairly quickly, and I'm soon back in the groove. I'd say even if I miss 2 weeks due to work, etc., that in only 2 or 3 days I'm back to where I left off.

Especially since you say that you are still able to do mind taming, energy work, and breathing every day, I'd say you don't have anything to worry about as far as occasional interruptions in trance work.

So I guess my question is - can you OBE / trance etc with distracting sounds in the background?
    I'll preface my answer again by noting that I'm a noob, but my understanding is that if the sounds are actually distracting you, then you'll have difficulty, but if you are at the point where such-and-such a sound is not distracting, then there's no problem.

In other words, there aren't any sounds that are inherently distracting. Whether or not a given sound is distracting depends on who is doing the trance work.

HTH.

Robbie Guest
    Ok, obviously I have had some success in the past, but I am finding it difficult to repeat. I am concerned that I am not doing my energy work correctly. How do you know if you are? It is so very subjective and I have nothing to compare against. Say with the full body circuit, is simply imagining the energy moving around your body enough for it to be happening? And what with trance? How do you know if you are in trance? At any stage I am fully aware of what is going on and could wake up if I wanted to - does this mean I am not trancing deep enough?

Blog Entries
    Having said that - I often worry that if I am unable to find time during the day to meditate / trance etc that I will fall behind. Is this likely from your experience? or do you get to a point where your body simply remembers and you pick up from where you left off when you get the chance to devote more time again? However, I always spend at least 20 - 30 minutes weekdays mind taming, energy body stimulation and full circuit breathing while I am travelling to work on the train. Sometimes I go as far as stimulating my charkras too.
    If possible, practise every day, or at least 4-5 days a week meditation and energy work for it to be truely effective. If you do not find time for all I'd personally prefer the meditation over the energy work - building concentration is an important prerequisite for energy work.

I did energy work on my travel to work as well, now only breathing meditation and similar. Even that may be sub-optimal because of possible distractions. Reserving your mental "strength" for a session in the morning and the evening might be optimal, if both is not possible go for the early evening. Separate yourself and go to a different room, that is preferrable to a room with a TV and another person.

Doing energy work on a train becomes a very strained exercise IMO if you start to notice how people entering and leaving the train touch on your aura, or when your concentration gets "wobbly" because someone has a nasty loud voice and speaks loud. There are endurable distractions, and there are some less endurable distractions. In meditation and energy work you go from the "gross" to the "subtle", and how can you hear single violin playing in front of the stage of a heavy-metal concert? It's too hard for being worth trying.

Meditation can be your pre-day and post-day cleanup - the begin of your work day and the precise end of your daily stress and begin of relaxation. It strongly depends on how you can make room for it.

Ok, obviously I have had some success in the past, but I am finding it difficult to repeat. I am concerned that I am not doing my energy work correctly. How do you know if you are? It is so very subjective and I have nothing to compare against.
    Well, you are dealing with the energies of your soul here. I'd expect that to be personal, don't you?

Say with the full body circuit, is simply imagining the energy moving around your body enough for it to be happening?
    To a minimal extent, yes. But actually Body Awareness Actions like Robert describes for NEW are not about imagining things, but feeling and influencing things. If it translates into a more or less subtle body sensation, then you know it works.

And what with trance? How do you know if you are in trance? At any stage I am fully aware of what is going on and could wake up if I wanted to - does this mean I am not trancing deep enough?
    See AD-Pedia for trance: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=8157

Actually your last question - if you are not in control of it, it is not really the mind awake / body asleep state. So that seems to be okay. It is not about going asleep. It is about sending the physical body to sleep while staying in control.

Oliver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2