Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Siddhis from 5th Chakra and Abilities from Other Chakras?

sono Guest
    Thank you! Unfortunately the link is still under construction, but will check at a later stage. I know the two om mani padme (or peme )hung pronunciations & have heard that there is an "esoteric" one in which mani is pronounced as "masi". . . . . have you ever come across that one?

All the best

Zak Guest
    No I haven't. I'll look it up sometime!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    It is 6 distinct syllables:

Om
    Nah
    Mah
    Shi (Shee)
    Va (vai)
    Yah
    Ah hah! So that's what that is! I've got Anoushka Shankar's latest album, Rise, and it's got a few songs with vocals (this album is a more modern interpretative music, some jazz influences, etc., and it's not purely classical Indian sitar music, though there is a lot of sitar, naturally). One of them uses those syllables. I could hear the "Shiva" bit, but I didn't know what it was about.

Now I know. Cool.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Zak Guest
    She is an amazing musician. It helps to grow up in a household where your dad is the most well known sitar player in the world of course :p

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    She is an amazing musician.
    Yes, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    It helps to grow up in a household where your dad is the most well known sitar player in the world of course :p
    Thank you, George Harrison.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

DM*Cubic Guest
    I think the notion that siddhis come from the fifth chakra is interesting due to the magical power attached to "the Word" in Christian thought. Here's a quote from the Gospel of Thomas:

Gospel of Thomas, Verse 48: "Jesus said, 'If two make peace with each other in this one house, they will say to the mountain, 'Move away,' and it will move away.'"
    It seems to me at first glance that this verse means, when it is taken literally, the following: once we have fully transcended duality and achieved full understanding of how the universe works, we will be able to command and shape it. This would seem to take place through words (perhaps a metaphor for symbolic thought?), hence the manifestation of siddhis from the fifth chakra.

Then again, Mohammed had some problems moving mountains... so who knows? We shall see when we shall see.

Blog Entries
    When I first read it I interpreted in the way that our minds, whose subconscious minds and conscious minds don't always work together, would unleash our creative power if we can get both of them together into a good working relationship.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ann Guest
    Thank you for posting the link to this mantra Tom. I love this, it is so beautiful. I'm not very familiar with mantra's, but I've listened to a few of them before and found the Gayatri Mantra and now this one to be two of the most powerful ones. I could actually feel my spine straighten and the crown chakra open towards the end of this piece. Again, thanks.