Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: landru27's OoBE Journal

landru27 Guest
    5/3/2007 - body loosening while dreaming

For the past two nights in a row, I have (a) consciously turned an ordinary dream into a lucid dream by looking at my hands and noticing my environment, (b) deliberatly attempted to proceed from the lucid dream to an OoB projection, and (c) faded into wakefulness with the distinct sensation of a couple of my limbs "out" or "loose" from my physical body. (One night it was both legs; last night it was both arms).

More rest and/or more energy and I feel that I would have been able to separate completely.

Blog Entries
    I'm so happy to see you're doing this landru27. I just found it and got a little excited to see it there. I'll go through and read it now!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Really enjoyed these posts!

Can relate to the moon coming to you, I've had this experience with a planet in a dream that I tried to fly to.

Have read water can end a lucid dream but your experience doesn't seem to suggest this is so for you.

That seems to send me toward actual waking, so I stop. But right away I start to see things like a progress bar, status numbers, small graphics, etc. like one might see on a computer screen -- all visible "in the air" even as I can still see the green grassy field and the blue sky around me. These strike me as reality fluctuations and decide it is best to "go back", whether it wakes me up or not.
    Difference between you and me. I squeeze every last bit out of every experience and probably lose a whole lot of recall as a result!

Interestingly, my best yet lucid dream began with me in my car at a local intersection too.

This was fun! Thank you
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

landru27 Guest
    5/10/2007 - dark, confused OoBE

I tried meditating in the chair I usually use, thinking I was caught up enough on sleep from several days of looong hours at work, but found that I kept falling asleep. So, I did what I usually do in that case, which is to go to bed, relax like I am meditating, and simply try to observe as much of my falling asleep as possible. This ended up becoming what felt like a fairly long meditation, with some drifting in and out of very light sleep. I think sleeping in the chair had taken enough of the edge off that I didn't fall right into a deep sleep.

At a certain point, I started to feel an overall sense of "falling forward" or "spinning" at the waist. I felt vibrations in my limbs, moving toward my torso, and felt my legs loosen and float up, and then seemed to feel my whole body float up. I felt like I floated about the room near the ceiling; everything was totally dark. I wondered to myself "Am I out?". I looked at my hands, but did not see anything. My awarness shifted back to my body, and then I felt a more definite sense of sitting up, detaching, and being out-of-body. It was still totally dark, but now when I looked at my hands, I seemed to see them darkly, and they did indeed seem to melt away.

I reached for my dresser, and felt a very tangible tactile sense of grabbing both sides of it. I moved over to an outside wall, pressed against the wall, and felt my hands sink in, but could not seem to push my head in. So, I walked around the bed and downstairs, again reaching for the banister and feeling a distinct tactile sense, which I've never had in any dream. Downstairs, I pressed through the plexiglass front door more easily. (Only later did it occur to me that there is a solid door in addition to the storm door.)

Out on my front stoop, it was still completely dark. I asked for astral sight, and suddenly there was a light like a landscaping accent light at my feet, to the side, illuminating someone else's front door, in front of me. I went in, making sure to close the front door behind me, and also the foyer door, and found myself in a house with a layout like mine, but with different furnishings. After looking around a bit, I recalled, "Keep it short", and went back outside, through the wall.

I looked up to locate on my house the bedroom window to aim toward, and then realized I am in my bedroom looking at a too-tall dresser, wondering why it is not shaped like my house. (In other words, the transition from outside looking at my house for my bedroom to being in my bedroom was so immediate and seamless, that I mistook my dresser for my house, rather than notice that I was already in my bedroom.)

I walked over to my side of the bed, and looked for my body. I didn't see it, so I knelt on the edge of the bed to look more closely. I still didn't see my body, so I felt around for it, find a limb, and then realize I am looking at my sleeping child. I figure that I am seeing myself filtered by my mind somehow, so I say out loud, "I will remember this! I can remember this!" ...

... And fade back into the sense of lying in bed where I had started, rather than any sort of movement or rushing sensation back into my body.

I think I had a darkly lit OoBE, which transitioned into a dream while I was on my way downstairs. The sense of exiting was very definite, as was the tangible sense of touching the banister and putting my arm partly into the wall. I might have even been OoB on my front stoop, but certainly after that, the flow and content was very dream-like.

landru27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Difference between you and me. I squeeze every last bit out of every experience and probably lose a whole lot of recall as a result!
    Believe me: it's purely a pragmatic measure, on the advice from Robert Bruce, oft-repeated in Astral Dynamics. My instinct is to zoom all over the place! You should see the list of places I want to visit in the RTZ!

I (try to) keep myself in check on the faith that short OoBEs at first will build confidence and skill to pursue longer ones ... for which I am very eager!

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    This was fun! Thank you
    It's fun posting them, too. Some stuff falls into place writing a full description from keywords jotted down at-the-time. It's good to have a place and a reason to journal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2