Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ive read and researched OBE for years no success

Blog Entries
    Hello, ghostly.

The heart center can feel like the heart pounding. It is often reported to be triggered to pound heavily and fast when the pre-OBE vibrations start. If in doubt, abort your attempt and immediately feel your pulse while staying calm.

About the breath - this sounds like you are tensing up. If you focus on your breath, try not to control it, but observe it. Too narrow a focus may introduce tension, tension reduces volume and create unease, unease creates distraction.

Can you describe how you work with your breath in your own words?

Oliver

CD27 Guest
    ghostly,

This is my fear for OBE as well. I have also attempted several OBE and AP in the past few years, and each time have come close, but something/someone has pulled me out of it, as if to protect me from some other force. This correlates to a prophetic dream that came true right before my very eyes which had two Angels in it fighting a snake...classical representation of Satan. I am a Christian and the Angel told me strait up who i am, why i was so important to God, and why i must be protected.

For this reason i no longer attempt or practice psi or OBE/AP, because of the vulnerability one is in once they exist their physical body. I do, however, understand quite a bit about this field and can help you greatly if you'll listen.

First, this person may or may not be an evil entity, i don't know. You must understand that beings from the Astral Realm really don't take on physical forms that are 'normal' for them, so their representation to you can sometimes come out as frightening. The fact that it was standing by your bed meant one thing: it was for YOU and no one else. This shows YOUR importance. Did the woman say anything that you can remember? What was she DOING? Did she seem frightened at any time, or was she stern with her message? These are important questions, but i'm afraid that the true identity of the being may not be conclusive.

CD

landru27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CD27
    For this reason i no longer attempt or practice psi or OBE/AP, because of the vulnerability one is in once they exist their physical body.
    Based on my understanding of what Robert Bruce has written in his book Astral Dynamics, he has a very different take on a person's vulnerabilty while out-of-body. He specifically states that one's physical body is less vulnerable when in the trance state, and that genuine threats to one's spirit body are exceedingly rare.

By "vulnerability", did you mean a person's physical body, or a person's spirit, or both?

Also, please tell us what you know about ways in which one is vulnerable while out-of-body.

I do, however, understand quite a bit about this field and can help you greatly if you'll listen.
    (The following is not meant as a challenge; I am sincerely curious.) How did you come to understand about this realm if you don't practice OoBE/AP? Is there another method you use for learning about it all? Like most any other subject matter, experience would seem crucial to knowledge; do you have another way of gaining this experience?

CD27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by landru27
    For this reason i no longer attempt or practice psi or OBE/AP, because of the vulnerability one is in once they exist their physical body.
    Based on my understanding of what Robert Bruce has written in his book Astral Dynamics, he has a very different take on a person's vulnerabilty while out-of-body. He specifically states that one's physical body is less vulnerable when in the trance state, and that genuine threats to one's spirit body are exceedingly rare.

By "vulnerability", did you mean a person's physical body, or a person's spirit, or both?

Also, please tell us what you know about ways in which one is vulnerable while out-of-body.
    Well, please allow me to correct something here. When i speak of vulnerability i do not speak of the physical body, i speak of the spiritual body. Because we are not protected by a separation from the astral realm, we are wide open for any attacks any other beings in that realm wish on us. These attacks can manifest in the physical if the attacker is skilled enough, but mostly it would be psionically manifested attacks solely on the spiritual and the mind of the spiritual. Possession can take place, but is not common. For me, personally, i've had my own experience that shows that i do not need to AP or OBE. I've attempted it, came VERY close several times, but each time something/someone else stops me. i don't know who or what it is, i have my suspisions, but i do know WHY it is, which is why i have stopped my attemptions. For some of you, you're not religious, you may or may not believe in a God, and even if you do believe in a God, your God may or may not be the Christian God. Mine is, and i have my reasons for believing so that are evidentual and factual (i wasn't lead into my faith through pressure or family bringing up like many are), but i will not pursue into religious debate/discussion for respect of the members on this board who do not believe or would find themselves offended for some reason or another.

I will, however, answer your question, with which the answer requires my input from my faith, so, if it is offensive, please know that that was not my intention, i am merely answering the question that was asked of me.

Quote Originally Posted by landru27
    I do, however, understand quite a bit about this field and can help you greatly if you'll listen.
    (The following is not meant as a challenge; I am sincerely curious.) How did you come to understand about this realm if you don't practice OoBE/AP? Is there another method you use for learning about it all? Like most any other subject matter, experience would seem crucial to knowledge; do you have another way of gaining this experience?
    In this you are absolutely correct landru, and i commend you for it as many others have asked me the same question. It's a very difficult question for me to answer, because some people refuse to believe it, for me, i know it's true beyond the shout of a doubt. To me it's not a matter of belief or acknowledgment, it's a matter of use and understanding. for some of you, you will not believe what i am about to tell you, for others your eyes will be widened and opened, i have no idea how you will react to my story, but know that i tell the truth in everything i am about to say, no matter how rediculous it may or may not sound.

Have you ever had a time where you were just trying to think of something you thought of before and it just won't come to your mind? you know it's there, but you just can't get it. Then, all the sudden, it just kind of "pop's" in your head and you're like, "Oh yea! that's what it was!". Most of you have experienced this before. my experience wasn't a sper-of-the-moment thin, it lasted FOUR years constantly and it wasn't that i was trying to think of anything, and it wasn't that i knew it or thought of it once before...it was completely new to me.

I would be sitting in class, working, doing homework, ANYTHING but thinking of some of the things that would just randomly 'pop' in my head. For example, i'll be taking a math test (and the way i think, i focus completely on one thing, ensuring absolute satisfaction and quick work) and this idea would just pop its way in my head. Yea, some of you are laughing right now...but just wait a second, you'll see why i stopped laughing myself. these ideas would just come to my mind randomly, without warning, and i was intriged by them, so i wrote them down, not having the time to stop my hard work to really think much on them. Within four years i've typed up to 300 pages of material that somehow just popped into my head. if you don't believe me...take a look here to see the entire writing. I am sorry it's so discrete, i haven't really had much time to do the massive research that i need to do to help others understand it better.

There were a few interesting facts about it though. First, i wasn't the least bit interested in science, i really wasn't. I'd never read or done any research on anything like this. When i got these ideas, for the most part, i really didn't understand them, so i just wrote them down one by one. some of the i understood, but i never really got the whole picture. About halfway through this i finally got time to read over some of it. As i read it was like reading a book. it was phenomenal. there was nothing said that should have been in the back that was in the front and vice versa. it was amazing. as i read it, in the same form that the thoughts originally came to me, i also began to understand the material read. For some of you, this would seem as no big deal...just wait till you see what they were.

Edit:

This Theory Has Been Deleted Because of Data Change and Change of Heart. Sorry For The Inconvenience This May Have Caused.

Eric Wright, Author

Tempestinateapot Guest
    There are many common experiences that OBE attempters have. Fear is probably the biggest one, because it is not "normal" to leave your body. So, just about anything that happens can turn into a fearful situation.

The "Dweller on the Threshold" is so common and no one is in danger from it. Even after having OBE'd, and read all about it, the first time Dweller happened to me, it scared the livin' daylights out of me. Common symptoms are feeling someone is in the room with you (usually just your projected double...in other words - you in a different form), feeling a pressure on your chest or body, actually seeing a form that looks human in shape...or something else, sometimes with red eyes, sometimes not, feeling or hearing someone breathing next to you (it's usually your physical body doing the breathing).

Hearing "noises" is so common it's almost laughable. People talking, music, drums, whispering, calling your name, radio static...you name it, it's been heard. This is called "astral noise". Again, it's nothing to be afraid of and is extremely common.

Also, a feeling of being pulled out of your body by someone else is common. It's not someone else. It's just a symptom of astral projecting. There is often an actual physical feeling of pressure when you are in the process of exiting. It can come from your feet, your heart, or the crown of your head, most commonly. You can actually have a pulling or an exiting feeling from any part of your body.

Your heart can speed up. Usually, it's your heart chakra. It can have a strobe like feeling or feel like it's beating out of your chest, or I sometimes get a pulsing, spinning heart chakra feeling. Like a disk is turning rapidly, then suddenly slowing down, then speeding up again with each spin. Your actual pulse can speed up, too, just because of the excitement or fear.

So many myths and fears have been built up around all this. It's because people don't understand what's happening, so it must be the boogey-man, right? Or Satan. Or some creature come to get you. When there's a simple explanation, why not assume it's that? If it's something different, you'll have plenty of time to deal with it later. But, I recommend assuming the simplest explanation...it's normal for the experience.

Dweller on the Threshold:

http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear

OBE Fear, Exit Sensations:
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=7304
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#6
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=481

Astral Noises, Hypnagogia:
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... tral+noise
    In Astral Dynamics, p.512-513, Robert Bruce writes:
    I believe there are two possible causes for astral noises:
    Accidental: It is possible that natural sounds and voices are picked up by the heightened senses of the projecting double, as it tunes into parts of the local real-time or astral environment during the prelude to an exit….
    Deliberate: Another possibility is that some astral noises are deliberately produced and telepathically aimed at projectors by low order astral wildlife. Robert Bruce
    Dealing with Astral Noises: Any and all astral noises must be totally ignored during the exit stage of an OBE. Robert Bruce
    Waking/Sleep Paralysis:
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#1
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=472

Sensations
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#2
    Astral Sensations, Hypnoagogia, Wikipedia Definition:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Vibrations
    Exit Sensations/Vibrations:
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2