Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ive read and researched OBE for years no success

ghostly Guest

Ive read and researched OBE for years no success

It seems I cannot have an OBE because of fear from the past. When I was 13 I woke up in the morning only to find a scary women beside my bed. She did not have a monstrous look or anything like that. But her eyes stared straight into my eyes and I knew she was not real.Her eyes froze me with fear that I couldn't even yell or move. It seemed if she stared straight down my soul. I read many OBE books and most authors claim to see strange entities. I am afraid I will see the same women again. I almost had an OBE in the past. I got the vibrations down but when the flashes of light and weird sounds start I get distracted . Please help me with some answers. Please I really want to have an OBE .

Blog Entries
    Bedside watchers are encountered in many different occult encounter situations, but observed very differently - from ETs over what you described to deer to whatever you can imagine. Paralysis and fear are reported commonly from this situations. The eyes seem to play a big role, like you described. I cannot say if this phenomenon itself is directly linked to OBE, though.

Could you detail how the situation ended - did you lose consciousness, did you fall asleep, did "she" vanish? Did it feel more real, exactly as real or less real than common everyday experiences?

I have read many OBE books as well, but the authors see these entities only when in the process of projecting, IMO, not while awake. This is more common to other phenomena.

When OBEing many observe entities of some kind, positive, neutral and negative. Rather less frequent such manifestations happen in "real life", and their range varies from UFO abduction experiences to ghost/hauntins to visions of Mary.

While there is an underlying common ground for all these things I personally tend to see these phenomena apart from each other for pure practicality reasons.

Fear is one of the biggest obstacles to projection. If you cannot deal with fear you should not, and most likely cannot, project. Learn to deal with your fear, and all your attempts will soar in success rate. I personally have thrown away many a near-success in projection either because of fear or distraction. Let this habit not sink in, untrain it, deal with the original problem, and start projection training anew.

Take good care,
    Oliver

ghostly Guest
    In detail Oliver, when I first saw this women I just woke up and everything was still fuzzy. She was the first thing that I saw when I opened my eyes. I froze for a second and couldn't yell then I turned away and looked back she was gone. I also had another experience before at the age of 17 , and thats before I ever heard about OBEs. I went to my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I had the light on and started meditating for the first time ever. I blanked out everthing in my mind . I blanked my mind that I was meditating. All of a sudden my bedroom door started pounding . I knew it wasnt human because my mom would just open the door without knocking. It was a different kind of knock and soo erie that I yelled out very loud come in . It took about a minute before I opened the door. No one was around . I checked under the beds the closet and every room . There was no one . Matter of fact the front door was locked with a bolt lock where you would have to lock the door from the outside when you leave. For two years I have been puzzled about this . I never meditated again after that. What got me started in OBE is when I was talking to an exgirlfriend and she explained that when she woke up in the morning she started floating to the ceiling. She yelled and screamed then she woke up back in her body. She didn't say the word OBE or Astral travel. She simply explained what happend to her. I didnt think anything of it we were just sharing our experiences together. She shared how she floated and I shared about my meditation experience. Well anyways 2 years later I was in a bookstore and came across an OBE book. And reading the back of the book I was astonished about people coming out of their bodies. Then I remembered my ex-girlfriend story and just matched them up. She probley never knew it was an OBE. Then I started to research other Astral Projection books and I noticed some of the authors would meditate to perform OBES. Then I remember about my meditation. Please help what kind of meditation did I tap into? And two more things happed in my life I was sitting on my bed and I felf 4 human taps on my shoulder . I jump up and looked around and no one was around. Also this year I woke up on my bed and before I could open my eyes I felt a presence near my bed , then all of a sudden I was frozen and couldn't move my body or speak. I felt like Someone put a pillow over my face and a POWERFULL PRESSURE pushing me down. I was helpless then I started to pray and the pressure got violent and it seemed as I was going to be pushed through the bed . All of a sudden it stopped and I could open my eyes. I was afraid to go to bed the next night. This pressure was so powerful that it did not belong here on earth. Please tell me and explain what the hell was that?

Blog Entries
    What I describe now could be your "knock" phenomenon - but there are other options as well, and I do not pretend to know them all or their likeliness:

Meditation can lead into a trance state, a state of consciousness that has a different flair of reality. There can be a falling sensation, a warm, fuzzy, sleep-like feeling spreading, your inner "space" may shrink or expand. There are many signs for different depths of trance.

When in deep trance, you often can hear astral noise. Astral noise can sound like moving furniture, or knocks. These are auditory illusions, I don't know their origins, but Robert describes them very well. Every time I enter a Hemi-Sync induced Focus 10 trance I get sounds that remind me of someone moving heavy furniture about.

On the exit also a phenomenon is known called the "Dweller on the Threshold". It is described differently, but it is a figure described often with glowing eyes, reported in part of the OBE "population" on first exits or exit attempts. It may stay there, or advance on you, or even warn you with a spoken message, but usually vanishes quite quickly if confronted. Robert has written something as well.

It is quite possible to awaken in the OBE or pre-OBE state. Turning away could have triggered a reentry. Many explanations are possible. If the both above are the right ones, nothing is to be feared.

Please be aware that other. paranormal phenomena exist as well that could show in a similar way, and I have named them shortly above already. These are more rare, though, and I would not consider them first.

Oliver

ghostly Guest
    Thank you very much Oliver I appreciate the feedback.

Blog Entries
    De nada, ghostly.

Robert's book "Astral Dynamics" is a good guide on these things.

Oliver

landru27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly
    ... All of a sudden my bedroom door started pounding . I knew it wasnt human because my mom would just open the door without knocking. It was a different kind of knock and soo erie that I yelled out very loud come in . It took about a minute before I opened the door. No one was around . I checked under the beds the closet and every room . There was no one. ...
    I want to second what Korpo said in his reply. As soon as I read your initial post, I thought of the following quote from Robert Bruce in Astral Dynamics:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce, in Astral Dynamics
    ... I have been tricked out of the conscious exit many, many times, especially during my first few years of conscious-exit projection
    This quote appears at the end of the introductory notes in a section called Astral Noises and Other Things That Go Bump in the Night, in chapter 34, Fear and Astral Noises, in which he descibes a wide variety of very loud, very real-seeming noises, exactly like what you described.

If you don't have a copy of Astral Dynamics, I highly recommend it. It could help you greatly in gaining conscious control and knowledge over what sounds like a natural ability to project out-of-body.

ghostly Guest
    Thank you landru27 I just bought the book today. Thank you for your help.

Blog Entries
    If you look at the AD pedia there are sections explainig these phenomenon. In Exit Sensations, Dweller on the Threshold, and Unwanted Exit symptoms.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

ghostly Guest
    Thank you CFTraveler . I have a question , while I was trying to blank out my mind to perform an OBE I kept getting distracted because of shortness of breath. Every time I would lose my breath, I would jerk out trance . How can I prevent this from happening? I also noticed my heart pounding .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast