Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Rope Technique

Blog Entries

Re: The Rope Technique

Quote Originally Posted by -asalantu- View Post
    From trance state and parallel to execution of tactile imagination routine a nonspoken affirmation like "Estoy separándome de mi cuerpo físico" could improve effectiveness of projection attempt by ROPE (or anything else) technique.

My best regards,
    Ángel
    Buena idea. Nunca se me ha ocurrido.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I think it is wise to merge inclusion of nonspoken affirmation (in native language) with RB's advice at http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...highlight=rope

Specifically,

the whole point of rope is to imagine and 'feel' yourself climbing out of your body. When you do this, your perspective of the room changes, and you hold awareness of your physical body below or behind you. This causes a shift in body awareness, a spacial dislocation, of you believing and feeling your self existing at a point outside your physical body. This is what makes Rope work.
    Belief is reinforced by nonspoken affirmation.

My best regards,
    Ángel

I think it is wise to merge inclusion of nonspoken affirmation (in native language) with RB's advice at http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...highlight=rope

Specifically,

Belief is reinforced by nonspoken affirmation.

My best regards,
    Ángel

Yup key point is feeling as if you are existing at a point somewhere else. I could not get rope to work as good as i would have liked to. It was because focusing on the sensation of climbing(feeling your hands wrapping around the rope and you muscles pulling you up, grasping hand over hand etc...) sent signals to my brain that were kind of overwriting the signals that were telling my brain i'm somewhere else. For me focusing on sensations of climbing the rope were too physical. A work around i discovered was that instead of focusing on a physical sensation of movement to "get out" i would have an easier more reliable experience by focusing solely on the experience of being somewhere else without a physical body.By doing so you are using resources of your brain that govern spatial awareness and location and not on physical movement.

This was a big change for me, no more feeling like i am getting ripped out and the exits are almost unnoticeable. Once you are out you have no body or one that is barely formed, Your field of view is 360 degrees and you move around with no gravity instinct. It is as if you are navigating around as a conscious thought in the air.

An interesting article on the areas of the brain that speak to body location and how stimulating those areas can activate OBEs.Wondering how focusing on techniques that omit any kind of body sensations impact the areas of the brain that control spatial awareness.
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/scientis...ousness-331588
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

I must emphasize about NONSPOKEN AFFIRMATIONS prosecutes avoid lose of concentration focus.

Althought RB advices to do SPOKEN ALOUD AFFIRMATIONS (done mechanics of manifestation process involving throath chakra) this could break trance state, unless you has a high level of proficiency with robust altered states of conciousness.

IMO, being successful at projection is in itself a manifestation event; hence my struggle of avoid concept clashes. For beginners (and I'm one) will be counterproductive to make aloud affirmations done its trance breaker capability. So, at first, suggested feeling actions (tactil imaging and perspective change) will be efficiently backuped by nonspoken affirmations.

My best regards,
    Ángel

nonspoken affirmation like "Estoy separándome de mi cuerpo físico"
    "nonspoken" in order to not to break trance.

Following quote from http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/con...sting-Question could help:

If I were you, I would spend my every waking hour doing
    verbal and silent affirmations (verbal when you are alone
    and silent when you are not - don't want people to think
    you are nuts, etc). If you are rarely alone, speak very quietly
    and focus our awareness on the base of your throat, your
    throat chakra. Also do this focus when you do silent affirmations.
    My best regards,
    Ángel

Blog Entries

Pull yourself out. Watch yourself below you as you pull out. Try to shift your consciousness into yourself as you pull on the rope. Pull yourself out and climb quickly to get away from your body--look at your physical body "descending"; although, that's an illusion, because you're pulling up. It can happen so quickly, it may startle you!

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT View Post
    Pull yourself out. Watch yourself below you as you pull out. Try to shift your consciousness into yourself as you pull on the rope. Pull yourself out and climb quickly to get away from your body--look at your physical body "descending"; although, that's an illusion, because you're pulling up. It can happen so quickly, it may startle you!
    I'll try. Climbing the rope, looking at my physical body descending (together rest of the bedroom, as if I were fix in space) done 360 degrees vision capability of projectable double.

My best regards,
    Ángel

Blog Entries

I enjoy the 360 degree vision

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Yes, and it does work -as an experiment I've done it from waking to produce vibes because it can- but: when I did it it took me an hour of pulling on the rope before even getting the vibes. By the time I had any exit symptoms, my 'astral' arms were so tired and the exit sensations were so dramatic and heavy, that I thought I was going to pass out from exhaustion. I did exit, but I was just too exhausted to do anything worthwhile, and I ended up investigating my own physical body (the chakras, etc.)
    If you read Robert's latest writings, you will see that he now has two rope methods: One to induce trance -the rope being how you go down into the bottom of the mental distance
    And the exit method where you climb up.
    Robert is better at doing the rope and can climb out more quickly, but I believe I'm more representative of the 'average projector'. IMO.
    After exit, you could raise energy, as Robert Bruce suggest at:

Energy Raising During OOBE

To increase out of body vitality and capability it is important to have enough energy flowing from the physical/etheric bodies to the projected double. This is best done by the projected double while it is out of body. It must reach out and 'feel' itself sucking energy into itself, feeling energy rushing into it from it's physical body. This out of body awareness action appears to create a strong energy demand in the projected double, which causes an increased flow of energy from the physical/etheric body to meet this demand. The increase in the clarity and ability this can cause during a projection can be quite amazing, and happens very quickly. This technique is especially useful if you have projection vision problems or blindness. Everything will noticeably brighten and light will be seen all around the projector, lighting up the darkness and following them about wherever you go. This technique can be used with great effect to solve or ease most common projected double related weakness problems, visual or otherwise.

Excerpted from "Treatise on Astral Projection" (
    Part 7 - The Mind Split Effect)

My best regards,
    Ángel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2