Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I've been given access to higher knowledge (Realization)

I've been given access to higher knowledge (Realization)

Hello everyone.

This morning I was reading Robert's writings on kundalini and was amazed when I read the paragraph in which he mentioned the staggered realization process:

Then begins the staggered realization process where higher knowledge is
    gained one small step at a time. But this progressive gaining of knowledge
    will only bear true fruit if one has a sound belief system, and if one
    applies the empirical process, eg, first build a solid foundation and then
    add to it one thing at a time. If this discipline is not applied one is
    likely to float away with the faries.

One night several months ago I sat on my bed and had a roughly 8 hour talk with myself in my mind. It began with "I wonder what the meaning of life is?" During this talk, I "realized" so many amazing things. By simply "looking at and accepting" many concepts including life, nature, the universe.

I've realized countless more wondrous things since that night, things that have deeply changed me. Unfortunately most of this info goes beyond words, and most of what doesn't I find extremely difficult to explain correctly. By correctly I mean in the EXACT same way that my mind revealed the info to me, because it's not really like knowledge but a path to knowledge. It's like I have to take people down the path, and not explain the info.

But Robert says that this realization process occurs AFTER raising kundalini. I've never so much as even attempted to do that. I don't even practise NEW (or in fact anything AP related). I do practise strengthening my focus though, I've 'realized' a lot about focus.

It was by pure chance that I stumbled across that paragraph. If I hadn't, this amazing thing would still be a nameless wonder to me. I had no idea what it was and had no idea if I was the only person in the world that this had happened to.

But, as I said, my question comes from Robert saying that this happens after awakening the kundalini. Trust me that has not happened, I wouldn't even attempt to mess with it, I don't know much about kundalini but I think it can be dangerous, even deadly, if awakened when it isn't supposed to be. I have absolutely no experience of kundalini in anyway whatsoever.

This realization process has literally changed who I am. I am much more spiritual and it has driven me to practise meditation.

I don't really know what my question is, I would just like to know more about this utterly awe inspiring gift.

I suppose I'm curios as to why this has happened to me? It has taken my life down a new and wonderous path and I am eternally grateful for knowing the things I now know.

It's so strange though, all this knowledge was simply realized, it feels like anyone can do it, and when I realize enough info it's like building blocks of knowledge that are now able to support an even higher level of knowledge. It's like every single piece of info, no matter how small or massive is constructed of and connected to everything else by litlle blocks of knowledge, and the way I 'realize' more is not by asking myself questions or seeking any particular kind of knowledge, I simply place my mind on the building blocks of knowledge at the edge of any of what I know, right where it touches the unknown. Once there it's like the next blocks of knowledge, the unknown ones connected directly to the blocks that I know are pretty much effortless to bring into the light, so to speak.

If I focus on the outside of my knowledge (ie past the edge) all I get is theories, possiblities and daydreams. It's when my mind is on the edge, stepping from one block to the next that the info is just intuitively true, because every single thing that it's based on is also intuitively true. When something fits, it fits. And when something isn't true, it just doesnt fit, it really is like trying to put a jigsaw piece into a hole that is the wrong shape, it simply doesn't fit.

I intuitively know that the knowledge I have gained is true, because despite how complicated, massive or just plain far beyond words something is, it's all 'constructed' of and based upon other pieces of info that are simpler, and I can sort of zoom into knowledge and beak it down to its most absolutely simple building block, a building block of thought, and all knowledge, on this most simple level is constructed of this block. I consider it to be sort of like an atom of conciousness/thought. All knowledge, that is cable of being known (ie, ALL knowledge, because if something isn't capable of being known, then it isn't knowledge), is made of this very same block. I call it the 'infinitely simple concept".

To understand infinite simplicity think of infinite difficulty. The level of difficulty is so high that no matter how much time or effort you put into it, that which is infinitely difficult will never be achieved. Therefore, with infinite simplicity, the level of simplicty is so high that no amount of time or effort can possibly prevent you from achieving that which is infinitely simple.

This is how I believe these unknown things can be realized, because when my mind is on the edge of what I know, the fact that what is unknown is contructed of blocks of knowledge that are infinitely simple, means that these unknown blocks (at least on some level) are so simple that its impossible to not just know them when I get my mind where it needs to be.

Discovering that this is known to others has really excited me. I love talking about it even though most of the knowledge is so hard say in the right way. When I explain things the wrong way, it makes what I'm saying just sound like theories, because that path of intuitive truth isn't being taken. Therefore it won't connect with someones inner sense of what is true, not by any choice of the listener, and certainly not due a lack of intelligence. Truth has a path, and for someone to know that something is true, it must be connected in their mind (via those blocks) to what they know is true. And information must be explained one infinitely simple and unquestionably true step at a time. And it is so hard...

I would be extremely grateful for anyones thoughts, comments, or advice. I don't really need help with this, I just basically want to know more about it.

Thank you.
    Cal
    You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

kiwibonga Guest
    You're at the gates of Hell, ready to plunge into existential depression. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

Don't get hung up on the order Robert writes about Kundalini. Everyone's path is different. The one he describes is common but certainly not the only one.

As was hinted at, persistence in this direction will lead to some vastly more stunning revelations. It will test your resolve to face reality/yourself. As to whether the ensuing expansion will be worth it, is something only you can judge. Although many have backed away, I survived it and others have too.

It quite a journey with much to offer. It does ask that you give up most of what you currently have in order to make room for a wider view.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Astral_Ace Guest
    I've had similar existential marathon conversations with myself. It's definately changed who I am, how I think and how I perceive reality.

I don't think energy work or Kundalini is required for such self realization I was experiencing self realization far before I gained knowledge about energy work or AP but IMO it broadens our understanding of reality and brings much more to future discussions.

When I have such existential discussions with my cousin I find it often difficult to communicate such higher concepts verbaly where as it would require no effort at all if mind to mind communication was easily achieved if at all possible. It is difficult explain such things correctly in words and I often feel as if I'm limit by verbal communication and as such I have to stay on topic and not get into other related subjects because I could go on for days and days discussing such concepts and still not accurately convey them.

-Astral_Ace

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    It quite a journey with much to offer. It does ask that you give up most of what you currently have in order to make room for a wider view.
    I´ve already released everything. My life is empty, full of nothing but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atral_Ace
    When I have such existential discussions with my cousin I find it often difficult to communicate such higher concepts verbaly where as it would require no effort at all if mind to mind communication was easily achieved if at all possible. It is difficult explain such things correctly in words and I often feel as if I'm limit by verbal communication and as such I have to stay on topic and not get into other related subjects because I could go on for days and days discussing such concepts and still not accurately convey them.
    That's it exactly. The only person I talk about these things with is with my brother. Our talk´s aren't really discussions though, just long lastings attempts at trying to convey wordless concepts.

There comes a point in my mind when words fade, and my mind just sails along silent knowledge. I discovered that even though some of these things make pointless explanations, they make interesting poems.

One of the things that make explaining verbally is that in order to be able to understand what I'll be trying to say, it's necessary to understand many other equally unspeakable concepts.

But I've come to understand "not understanding", and know how to convey most of the speakable things. Unfortunately knowing how and being able to are two different things. I'd need a few peoples input, opinions, perspectives and challenges to create a path of simple truth.

And then I'd need to write a hundred books.

I feel at this point, through nothing more than intuition, that I need to gain more control of my focus and of my dreams in order to continue this journey of discovery.

I look forward to it, because there is no other path, no other direction, and no other choice.

Cal
    You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    I don't think this kind of knowledge can be shared in a book and be hoped to be understood by even a few. Actually many to most people would get it wrong.

Instead of books detailing knowledge I prefer books that help seeking and obtaining knowledge on your own, and if you write more of five about that, I'd call that "lack of focus". A method should not be too complicated.

Oliver
    Looking for assistance in sorting things out in your life? My intuitive friend Robyn can help. http://intuitivebalance.weebly.com/

My blog: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/blog.php?1595-Korpo

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I don't think this kind of knowledge can be shared in a book and be hoped to be understood by even a few. Actually many to most people would get it wrong.

Instead of books detailing knowledge I prefer books that help seeking and obtaining knowledge on your own, and if you write more of five about that, I'd call that "lack of focus". A method should not be too complicated.

Oliver
    I understand precisely. However this method isn't something easily tought. I would have to guide someone step by step as my own mind did with me. Eventually if done correctly I believe someone would realize the method of mind necessary to become aware of the true nature of all by themselves.

Cal

elendal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwibonga
    You're at the gates of Hell, ready to plunge into existential depression. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.
    Hey, kiwibonga, do you realize that you have a very specific way to say something you didn't intend to say in the first place? I hope I understand what you wanted to say with this, and that you were as serious as it sounded... but you actually said something really important.

The first enemy of a man of knowledge (yes, Castaneda again) encounters on his or her path is - fear. You post will certainly produce fear in some people... and thus send them on the path of knowledge.

I'm not kidding when I say how amazed I am every time I see someone thinking to say or do something, and ending up with something completely different, much more important than they realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Castenada, in 'Teachings of Don Juan',
    I am going to teach you the secrets that make up the lot of a man of knowledge. You will have to make a very deep commitment because the training is long and arduous. A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war, wide awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance. Going to knowledge or going to war in any other manner is a mistake, and whoever makes it will live to regret his steps. When a man has fulfilled those four requisites there are no mistakes for which he will have to account; under such conditions his acts lose the blundering quality of a fool's acts. If such a man fails, or suffers a defeat, he will have lost only a battle, and there will be no pitiful regrets over that. A man of knowledge is one who has followed truthfully the hardships of learning, a man who has, without rushing or without faltering, gone as far as he can in unraveling the secrets of power and knowledge.

To become a man of knowledge one must challenge and defeat his four natural enemies.

When a man starts to learn, he is never clear about his objectives. His purpose is faulty; his intent is vague. He hopes for rewards that will never materialize for he knows nothing of the hardships of learning. He slowly begins to learn- bit by bit at first, then in big chunks. And his thoughts soon clash. What he learns is never what he pictured, or imagined, and so he begins to be afraid. Learning is never what one expects. Every step of learning is a new task, and the fear the man is experiencing begins to mount mercilessly, unyieldingly. His purpose becomes a battlefield.

And thus he has stumbled upon the first of his natural enemies: Fear!

A terrible enemy- treacherous, and difficult to overcome. It remains concealed at every turn of the way, prowling, waiting. And if the man, terrified in its presence, runs away, his enemy will have put an end to his quest and he will never learn. He will never become a man of knowledge. He will perhaps be a bully, or a harmless, scared man; at any rate, he will be a defeated man. His first enemy will have put an end to his cravings. It is not possible for a man to abandon himself to fear for years, then finally conquer it. If he gives in to fear he will never conquer it, because he will shy away from learning and never try again. But if he tries to learn for years in the midst of his fear, he will eventually conquer it because he will never have really abandoned himself to it. Therefore he must not run away. He must defy his fear, and in spite of it he must take the next step in learning, and the next, and the next. He must be fully afraid, and yet he must not stop. That is the rule! And a moment will come when his first enemy retreats. The man begins to feel sure of himself. His intent becomes stronger. Learning is no longer a terrifying task. When this joyful moment comes, the man can say without hesitation that he has defeated his first natural enemy. It happens little by little, and yet the fear is vanquished suddenly and fast.

Once a man has vanquished fear, he is free from it for the rest of his life because, instead of fear, he has acquired clarity--a clarity of mind which erases fear. By then a man knows his desires; he knows how to satisfy those desires. He can anticipate the new steps of learning and a sharp clarity surrounds everything. The man feels that nothing is concealed.

And thus he has encountered his second enemy: Clarity!

That clarity of mind, which is so hard to obtain, dispels fear, but also blinds. It forces the man never to doubt himself. It gives him the assurance he can do anything he pleases, for he sees clearly into everything. And he is courageous because he is clear, and he stops at nothing because he is clear. But all that is a mistake; it is like something incomplete. If the man yields to this make-believe power, he has succumbed to his second enemy and will be patient when he should rush. And he will fumble with learning until he winds up incapable of learning anything more. His second enemy has just stopped him cold from trying to become a man of knowledge. Instead, the man may turn into a buoyant warrior, or a clown. Yet the clarity for which he has paid so dearly will never change to darkness and fear again. He will be clear as long as he lives, but he will no longer learn, or yearn for, anything. He must do what he did with fear: he must defy his clarity and use it only to see, and wait patiently and measure carefully before taking new steps; he must think, above all, that his clarity is almost a mistake. And a moment will come when he will understand that his clarity was only a point before his eyes.

And thus he will have overcome his second enemy, and will arrive at a position where nothing can harm him anymore. This will not be a mistake. It will not be only a point before his eyes. It will be true power. He will know at this point that the power he has been pursuing for so long is finally his. He can do with it whatever he pleases. His ally is at his command. His wish is the rule. He sees all that is around him.

But he has also come across his third enemy: Power!

Power is the strongest of all enemies. And naturally the easiest thing to do is to give in; after all, the man is truly invincible. He commands; he begins by taking calculated risks, and ends in making rules, because he is a master. A man at this stage hardly notices his third enemy closing in on him. And suddenly, without knowing, he will certainly have lost the battle. His enemy will have turned him into a cruel, capricious man, but he will never lose his clarity or his power. A man who is defeated by power dies without really knowing how to handle it. Power is only a burden upon his fate. Such a man has no command over himself, and cannot tell when or how to use his power. Once one of these enemies overpowers a man there is nothing he can do. It is not possible, for instance, that a man who is defeated by power may see his error and mend his ways. Once a man gives in he is through. If, however, he is temporarily blinded by power, and then refuses it, his battle is still on. That means he is still trying to become a man of knowledge. A man is defeated only when he no longer tries, and abandons himself. He has to come to realize that the power he has seemingly conquered is in reality never his. He must keep himself in line at all times, handling carefully and faithfully all that he has learned. If he can see that clarity and power, without his control over himself, are worse than mistakes, he will reach a point where everything is held in check. He will know then when and how to use his power.

And thus he will have defeated his third enemy.

The man will be, by then, at the end of his journey of learning, and almost without warning he will come upon the last of his enemies: Old age!

This enemy is the cruelest of all, the one he won't be able to defeat completely, but only fight away. This is the time when a man has no more fears, no more impatient clarity of mind--a time when all his power is in check, but also the time when he has an unyielding desire to rest. If he gives in totally to his desire to lie down and forget, if he soothes himself in tiredness, he will have lost his last round, and his enemy will cut him down into a feeble old creature. His desire to retreat will overrule all his clarity, his power, and his knowledge. But if the man sloughs off his tiredness, and lives his fate though, he can then be called a man of knowledge, if only for the brief moment when he succeeds in fighting off his last, invincible enemy. That moment of clarity, power, and knowledge is enough.
    Cal, you speak of silent knowledge, so I presume you read Castaneda. You now know it was not made up. It's really hard sometimes to put some of that knowledge into words, and some of it can never be, but you'll get better over time.

I have a feeling you still don't realize the implications. Have you ever thought of a time when every human being will have access to the same knowledge you now have? That's actually what is coming about, if everything works out well. Try to see it. You'll be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by elendal
    Cal, you speak of silent knowledge, so I presume you read Castaneda. You now know it was not made up. It's really hard sometimes to put some of that knowledge into words, and some of it can never be, but you'll get better over time.
    I've never heard of Castaneda before. I think, by the sound of it, that I'm facing the second enemy, however I've never felt fear of this knowledge.
    I already know that it isn't made up, it's totally true it isn't possible to doubt it. It's hard to explain, it's like thinking "I am", absolutely no doubts about it because it is a fact in every way. You know it, feel it, and are it.

I've recently come to understand that getting it across to someone isn't fully in me explaining it. The other person must be the one seeking knowledge. Because only they know their path of truth. It isn't to be taught, it is to be realised.

No one taught me, if they tried I wouldn't have got it, because they don't know which directions I need to be taken in, what concepts need clarifying or if I was just saying "yeah I get it" to move them along. These things cannot be understood in this way.

This knowledge lies on a path of absolute truth. Realising that this path existed and how to walk it was the first step for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elendal
    I have a feeling you still don't realize the implications. Have you ever thought of a time when every human being will have access to the same knowledge you now have? That's actually what is coming about, if everything works out well. Try to see it. You'll be very surprised.
    I hope to see that time. However I don't understand why everyone doesn't know it already, I mean, despite it's complexity it is laughably simple and obvious.

I never sought this knowledge, I never had any idea it existed and could be realised from within. It didn't come to me in deep meditation. I was bored one night, just sitting on my bed thinking of what I knew, what I didn't know, and what I wanted to know. And I found the path of true knowledge was within me, and walking it throughtout universe, mind, and reality is an amazing, yet loney experience.

All you have to do is, is become aware of any truth, forget there are things that you don't know, stop trying to learn, and just accept truth, totally and and completely, and eventually, you'll become aware of the true nature of truth, it wont be a mind blowing discovery nor will it shock you. It usually feels like an infinite path of simple obvious observation, until you notice that those truth fit together and form a higher knowledge you never noticed was being uncovered. And when it is, you fully know all of what that knowledge is composed of (not only know it, but understand the full extent of truth throughout it), you've built the foundational knowledge that fit together forming brand new concepts and understanding.

I honestly believe it exists within everyone the ability to realise these understandings, I stumbled upon them by accident, therefore so can anyone else... right?

Cal

elendal Guest
    Yes, indeed, everyone is capable of what you've done. It is so simple. When everything fits together I call it "closed knowledge". At that moment, it is complete in and of its own, and perfectly explains itself.

But I know that's not all there is, by any means. It's just a circle, or structure, whichever you prefer, of knowledge being completed and understood. I know there is another, bigger circle outside of it also waiting to be completed and understood. And by understanding, I don't mean rational explanations. I mean knowledge becoming part of one's own being.

Where does it end? Who knows...

I honestly believe it exists within everyone the ability to realise these understandings, I stumbled upon them by accident, therefore so can anyone else... right?
    And there is an interesting question. Why doesn't everyone have access to this silent knowledge? I already found my answer, and lived through it, so to speak. You may try to find it too, but be careful - "... what he learns is never what he pictured, or imagined, and so he begins to be afraid..."

You may still have the opportunity to meet the first enemy. Don't be surprised if it jumps out of nowhere. Or the opposite, if you never encounter it. Whatever the case, you'll find it out yourself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast