Thread: Have I experienced vibrations?

brettjbuckley Guest

Have I experienced vibrations?

I have spent many years on and off trying to project my Astral Body.

I can achieve a state of relaxation in which I can no longer feel my my body. I can conjure hypnagogic images and sounds and even do some basic remote viewing in this frame of mind.

However, I cannot consciously "lift out" of my physical body. I never experience any kind of bodily vibrations when lying there on the bed, which I find most frustrating.

However, I have just realised that I do feel a strange sensation when sitting at my desk at work. I usually start to nod off about an hour after lunch and in this way, I normally enjoy a 15 minute period of drowsiness.

I have observed myself and every time this happens, without fail, I get a strange feeling that I will try to describe:

I feel physically heavy and slow and I then feel as if a magnet pulls me "upwards" towards the ceiling, perhaps just a few inches and then, just as quickly causes me to fall back down into my seat. I don't really see or hear anything strange at this time. The sensation feels almost like what you get on a roller-coaster, albeit a lot less dramatic - that kind of "whoaaa" feeling in your solar-plexus. If anything, I feel as it the "force" stretches me upwards and then lets me bounce back again. This happens over and over again but never seems to change frequency or lead me anywhere.

It feels like a less dramatic version of the "failling" sensation that you sometimes get when suddenly waking from a light slumber.

Have a touched on the vibrations?

Blog Entries
    No- actually the feeling you describe sounds like you may have a blood sugar problem. Years ago, when I was very underweight (I always had a problem with my weight, I was either underweight or overweight (now)-
    Anyway, I used to get a lightheaded feeling about 20 minutes after lunch. I thought it may or may not have to do with sugar, but many years later when I got pregnant, I had gestational diabetes, and was told I'd always have to watch my sugar.
    So my advice is get your sugar checked and anything else that's physical that could cause this feeling (it sounds exactly like what I used to get) and if you're cleared, then try projecting techniques. I'm not sure how you can try it at work, but I'm sure you have already thought of that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

BriMercer Guest
    I'm going to pass along advice Robert gave me early on, which is to find a time in the afternoon when you're really drowsy, sit upright in a hardback chair (i.e., a slightly uncomfortable chair) and practice letting go. In this way you can experience that falling sensation in your solar plexus (the beginning of projection) over and over again.

For many people, that falling sensation is something that foils projection. You feel the falling and your instinct is to tense up and thus abort the OBE exit. I've tried this technique many times and is excellent practice.

You also may find that the afternoons are an excellent time to practice projection, if that's something you're inclined to learn.

I suspect that CFTraveler is correct as to the cause of your drowsiness, but that doesn't mean you can't use your drowsiness for OBE practice.

Brian