Live Online Workshop by Robert Bruce Starts August 16th 2014 on Astral Projection and Energy Work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Do I hear someone calling my name?

Re: Why Do I hear someone calling my name?

Did you ever call out " Who are you?".
    Grant

Blog Entries

If you are asking me, no, because in Puerto Rico when you are little they tell you that when you hear someone calling your name it's the devil, and you shouldn't answer, because he's going to get you. Now obviously this shows that if there is a 'superstition' associated with a phenomenon, it has to be commonplace, at least in that region.
    And no I didn't when little, 'just in case'. When older, I didn't think it was 'anyone', so I didn't either.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Id like to toss in MY observation here. The Astral noise can be a big pain in the arse BUT..I have also noticed that when doing the trance work with the third eye trigger you can also have Clairaudience. I have had several episodes of this and THANKFULLY know an AWESOME medium who was able to tell ME what was said in my head, what was astral noise and what was actually someone trying to get to me. Now i cant tell anyone HOW to tell the difference, I guess just be aware that it can happen, for what ever thats worth.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownreality281 View Post
    Allot of times when I go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning I'll hear someone calling my name. It freaks me out most of the time.
    If you hear someone calling you you can say: "Piss off, I'm trying to sleep". Maybe it'll stop.

In my case, I hear my name being called out of the blue...just recently got back into trying OBE, haven't been in a trance state that I know of for over a decade...my name is called out when I'm driving, sitting on the couch, or whatever...don't recall it ever happening when I'm drifting off to sleep. I've never thought of consciously asking who it is...will try when next it happens. Until logging onto this website, I've only run into one other instance of this happening. A devout Catholic friend of my ex-wife once said it happened to her quite a bit, and she thought it was Satan or something with evil intent trying to lure her away, and she went through a Born-Again phase which apparently stopped it. Me...I'm gonna keep with the ROPE, and ask whatever Guide/Teacher I meet Over There...

Blog Entries

To be clear, although the link I provided spoke about it in a trance state (I couldn't find the one I was looking for) my own experience (as a youngster) happened awake while playing, and to others too, which is why I quoted the superstition that was popular when I was younger.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Just a thought, and I may be way off, but it could be your guardian angel or spirit guide (s) attempting to communicate.
    If you care to read my experiences go to: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...Russmi3-AP-Log

Russmi, personally I agree with you...have felt since I first noticed it that it was Somebody trying to get my attention to keep me on The Path and nort do anything stupid (which probably explains why I've heard it so much!)
    Harry
    "I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled-up tobacco leaves."

Ask, "Who are you?" Deal with the response appropriately.

Grant

10. Re: Why Do I hear someone calling my name?

I hear lots of things while falling asleep or right after waking up - sometimes it sounds so real it freaks me out