Thread: Primer on sponging, energy sensations and awareness

jollybear Guest

Primer on sponging, energy sensations and awareness

A lot of the questions in this post are questions routinely asked by new posters, so I stickied them and hope that is helpful for those who have questions about NEW and what to expect.-CF I have done up to day 6 in the mastering astral projection program, however i have not moved on to day 7 now for about two days, but i have still kept practicing during those days what i learnt from days 1 to 6. The reason i have not moved on is because i want to make sure im doing this correct.

When i focus on my thumb or finger or hand i feel the slight energy inside my hand, like if you put your hand on your heart and felt it beating. Well i felt the slight energy in my hand, just not as pulsing as the heart of course. I focus my attention on the surface of my thumb, and all around it, then all through it, then i might feel a slight tingle, then the tingle goes over to my whole hand. The most i got in this was my hand felt like it was expanding, like a balloon. Has anyone else felt that? Like it was swelling up or something. This was on the right hand. Then i tried with my right foot, the toe, and i can get a sharp tingle on the top tip of my toe. Sharper then anywhere else on my body. Then i focuse on the whole foot and it gets some tingles, but i cant get the tingles as strong in all the other toes, like the big toe. Next my left hand and left foot, i cannot get the tingles their as strong as i get them in my right hand and foot. Why is that? Anyone else get that? Also is it good to practice only 30 menutes to an hour, or should i practice longer for better results?

Also sometimes i feel myself grow restless as i focus on body parts to stimulate, or be aware off. How do i keep myself restful and not grow restless?

Also about the dream recall. I found through the week, most times i can only remember a short dream, in the morning, then i wake up right away as soon as im aware of the images in the dream and write them down amedietely so i dont forget. Then their was once in this week i remember two dreams in one night, lots of details, i woke up in the middle of the night, about 2 o clock. Is remembering dreams just in the morning fine, or should i remember the ones at night as well? I find remembering the ones in the morning the easyest, but the night ones very hard, except this one in the week it was a made more easy for some reason. Do i have to remember the ones in the night, or just the morning? And what happens if you forget a dream at night alltogether, are you doomed? Do you have to start that day over?

How do i make my dream lucid as well?

When i do energy work, do i amagin a sponge going through my feet, or do i amagin my awareness going through my feet, through the bones, blood cells ect? Or do i just do what i like the most. Personally i dont like amagening a sponge, i like just focusing my awareness through my feet. But do i have to use a sponge? Also the sterring action, can someone explain this a little more for me?

Also when i focuse on lets say my hand, and feel a tingle some place on the hand spontanousely, i feel that if i focuse my awareness on the spontanouse spot the tingle came, the tingles in the hand spread easyer. Should i do it that way, or should i ignor the spontanous tingle and just focuse on lets say my thumb on the tip, and try to focuse on that part and amagin a tingle being their, even if theirs non felt their, but keep focusing on that part untill a tingle comes and ignor all other tingles in the hand, look at them as a destraction? Is this how i should do it, or should i do it by the former i mentioned?

I know this is tons of questions, but i really wanna make sure im doing everything correct. Thanks.

BriMercer Guest
    Hello, Jollybear!

I commend your efforts to want to do everything just right, but it sounds like you a proceeding correctly and there is no need to worry that you're rushing through the exercises or not doing them properly.

When you first start energy work, there is a lot going on: You're learning to consciously control your energy, learning to sense its movement, clearing blockages, etc. It isn't uncommon to feel restless at first, but this settles with time and practice. As you work through energy built up and blocked in your energy body, releasing it can feel uncomfortable, leading to feelings of restlessness & etc.

What you will feel eventually, after your energy body gets used to the exercise, is a very quiet, subtle movement of energy. Tingles like you're describing, although validating, are actually indications of energy blockages that will subside with continual practice. I know this sounds counterintuitive, but in actuality you *want* the energy movement sensations to lessen, not get stronger.

If you don't feel comfortable visualizing a sponge, use some other image that works for you. This 90-day guide is just that, a guide. It makes sense to tailor it for yourself. Hence, there is no precisely "right" way to do it.

I'd recommend continuing on through to Day 14, then practicing that routine until comfortable; Day 14 contains the complete energy body exercise.

I hope that helps.

Brian

Blog Entries

Re: Few questions about dream, energy, awareness.

I'm going to stickify this because it encompasses recurring questions in this section, and it is easier than looking up old replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybear
    I have don up to day 6 in the mastering astral projection program, however i have not moved on to day 7 now for about two days, but i have still kept practicing during those days what i learnt from days 1 to 6. The reason i have not moved on is because i want to make sure im doing this correct.
    When i focus on my thumb or finger or hand i feel the slight energy inside my hand, like if you put your hand on your heart and felt it beating. Well i felt the slight energy in my hand, just not as pulsing as the heart of course. I focus my attention on the serface of my thumb, and all around it, then all through it, then i might feel a slight tingle, then the tingle goes over to my whole hand. The most i got in this was my hand felt like it was expanding, like a balloon. Has anyone else felt that? Like it was swelling up or something.
    Yes, this is a common feeling, both on the hands and feet, since they are the most sensitive to energy work. From pulsing, to slight buzzing, tingling, pinpricks, tickle, and sometimes shooting pain (more on feet that anywhere else.) This doesn't mean that all of these have to happen, it just means that some or many of these symptoms can happen. The feet and hands are the most sensitive, so you will almost usually feel stronger sensations on them than you would on other parts of your body. This is normal and expected.

This was on the right hand. Then i tried with my right foot, the toe, and i can get a sharp tingle on the top tip of my toe. Sharper then anywhere else on my body. Then i focuse on the whole foot and it gets some tingles, but i cant get the tingles as strong in all the other toes, like the big toe. Next my left hand and left foot, i cannot get the tingles their as strong as i get them in my right hand and foot. Why is that? Anyone else get that? Also is it good to practice only 30 menutes to an hour, or should i practice longer for better results?
    Getting any feeling in them is good enough in the beginning. You shouldn't expect perfection on the first week, because what you are doing now is learning how to feel it, so to speak. You have time to work on areas as time goes on, and I really don't think you should take too long on any one area in the beginning, lest you burn out too soon. Half an hour for the whole process should be enough at first. I realize we're all different, but expecting too much in the first week is setting yourself up for burnout.
    Also sometimes i feel myself grow restless as i focuse on body parts to stimulate, or be aware off. How do i keep myself restfull and not grow restless?
    If you are restless when you do it, it means you are being energized, and that is a good thing. When you go through the program you will find that you can do energy work at various times of the day, not necessarily right before your projection attempt, so for now continue doing it as per book instructions, because you are learning procedures and establishing a routine, and later on, when you master it you will fine-tune it to your personal preference.
    Also about the dream recall. I found through the week, most times i can only remember a short dream, in the morning, then i wake up right away as soon as im aware of the images in the dream and write them down amedietely so i dont forget. Then their was once in this week i remember two dreams in one night, lots of details, i woke up in the middle of the night, about 2 o clock. Is remembering dreams just in the morning fine, or should i remember the ones at night as well? I find remembering the ones in the morning the easyest, but the night ones very hard, except this one in the week it was a made more easy for some reason. Do i have to remember the ones in the night, or just the morning? And what happens if you forget a dream at night alltogether, are you doomed? Do you have to start that day over?
    I'm pretty sure that the program answers that question for you. Are you writing your keywords as soon as you wake up? Dream recall varies, so sometimes you will remember many dreams, sometimes only one or two, sometimes you will look at the keywords and not understand what you wrote. There is no need to keep on with it. The program is tailored to give you time for all this- once again, don't expect everything from yourself on the first month. Take it easy, you're doing well.

How do i make my dream lucid as well?
    You make your dream lucid by training yourself to be aware you are dreaming, and staying in the dream with this awareness. The MAP program tells you how you do this.

When i do energy work, do i amagin a sponge going through my feet, or do i amagin my awareness going through my feet, through the bones, blood cells ect? Or do i just do what i like the most. Personally i dont like amagening a sponge, i like just focusing my awareness through my feet. But do i have to use a sponge? Also the sterring action, can someone explain this a little more for me?
    The original idea of the sponge is to feel something going through your legs, cleaning and moving energy through them. If you don't like the idea of a sponge (it's a cleaning implement) you can imagine ball bearings, a brush (like a bottle brush), water, or Robert's latest, a blue energy ball, or anything that provokes a tactile sensation on the area. If awareness does it for you, then it's all right, however, in the future you may have to go back to the sponge (or be willing to try it if necessary) or the blue ball. It's the matter of learning a technique. But you do what works for you.

Also when i focuse on lets say my hand, and feel a tingle some place on the hand spontanousely, i feel that if i focuse my awareness on the spontanouse spot the tingle came, the tingles in the hand spread easyer. Should i do it that way, or should i ignor the spontanous tingle and just focuse on lets say my thumb on the tip, and try to focuse on that part and amagin a tingle being their, even if theirs non felt their, but keep focusing on that part untill a tingle comes and ignor all other tingles in the hand, look at them as a destraction? Is this how i should do it, or should i do it by the former i mentioned?
    Do whatever works for you. The idea is to train you to 'feel' energy, and to learn to 'move' it.

I know this is tons of questions, but i really wanna make sure im doing everything correct. Thanks.
    I hope this helped you.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Sponging Technique

Just in case this didn't get clarified:
    Sponging is an energy stimulating exercise that is used on the secondary centers of the body.
    Usually sponging is used to prestimulate arms and legs before working on chakras, or for the beneficial effect of having a flowing energy body.

The procedure, simplified:
    1- If you want to (I find it helpful) brush the outside of the limb, starting at the feet, using an imaginary brush. This it to cause a 'tickle' effect on the skin. This helps to make the sponging cause more sensations.

Imagine a sponge, can be wet or dry, and imagine your limb is hollow and transparent. Then take this sponge on the inside of your feet and run the sponge through the inside. Try not to visualize in your head what you're doing- instead try to feel it in your actual foot. Do it as long as you feel something, should be about five minutes. Then do each toe individually, (I like an imaginary cotton ball for this). If done after brushing, there should be some feeling, from a light 'area awareness' to full buzzing and tickling. Any range on sensations is ok.
    Do the same on your legs and thighs, and then move to your hands, forearms and bicep area. You will find that the palm of the hand is very susceptible to the brushing action- it happens to be very sensitive, so chances are if you feel strong sensations, that's where it'll be.
    After legs and arms, do the torso and finally the head area. Be very gentle on the head, especially the top areas, don't want to stimulate the forehead chakras too much.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 12th October 2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: sponging technique

jollybear Guest
    thanks for both your replies. I have not reached the part where i feel a calm energy flow yet, just the tingles. But i will keep practicing. When should i expect the calm subtle energy flow?

Blog Entries
    It's different for evreyone. Some people never feel it, or think that they're not feeling anything when things calm down. So there's no real answer to that.
    This thread was getting too unwieldy so I split it. The rest of it is in this Forum, under Continued from....