Thread: Using CD Companion with 90 Day Program

TravelerTim Guest

Using CD Companion with 90 Day Program

I recently picked up the CD Companion to use in conjuntion with the 90 day program. Each of them are fantastic resources.

I found the instructions for using the two together to be a little confusing though. Not so much due to the instructions, as my own need to understand the interaction between them. The 90 day program combines relaxation, meditation, and energy work on a daily basis. The CD companion appears to take time to teach each one to mastery before going on to the next.

I am curious about why you chose to change the methodology, and why you chose to combine the CDs with the program in the way you did.

Thanks for the input, and great job!

2. I feel that basically what Mr. Mercer and Mr. Bruce did was to take a different road to Rome, so to speak. In the 90 day program they work on all these skills slowly but at the same time. In the CD companion, they work on the skills, but one at a time. Also, the CD companion seems to be a bit more streamlined than the 90 day guide and also includes some new (NEW) information.

In other words:
    1.)All roads lead to Rome;
    2.)All things work together for good;
    3.)In everything give thanks; for this is God's will;
    4.)Give thanks always for all things unto God.

If what I wrote is wrong, I hope that Mr. Mercer or Bruce will refute it, as I am, like many others, a newbie in this field and yearn for education.

I own Astral Dynamics, Mastering Astral Projection (90 day and the CD companion), and Energy Work by Mr. Bruce and Mercer (MAP). I also own A Course in Dreams and Astral Projection by Beelzebuub (Mr. Bruce's instructions are far greater than his IMO but he does offer some good ideas). I also own Dr. Stephen LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming and A Course in Lucid Dreaming (he denies the existence of OBE but has some very effective techniques in his work). And finally, I also own Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics and Kraig's Modern Magick.

I am actively studying and practicing all of these works. I am 22 and hopefully before I pass on I will master at least one of these. However, it's the ride, not the destination and he who is first will be last and he who is last will be first. I have no worries and I feel more and more everyday that the universe is made up of the following: peace, beauty, joy, and eternal undying love.

Again, if anything I've said is wrong, I hope that Robert or Brian will refute it as I don't pretend to be an expert on anything other than the Pauline Epistles.

TravelerTim Guest
    Thanks guitar guy. I appreciate the response, and your words are very wise.

I'm just trying to pick out the fastest (bad choice of words, but best was an even worse choice of words) Road to Rome and stick to it. Sometimes I can see so many roads that I jump between them and fail to make the kind of long term progress I am looking for. I'm trying to make sure I have a plan and stick to it this time.

There are undoubtedly other things to try to enhance the experience (I have several in mind allready), but I need to finish this before I move on to those.

BriMercer Guest
    This is an excellent question.

When I designed the MAP CD Companion, I wanted it to be flexible enough so that those who wanted to use it as a stand-alone program could choose one path, and those who were using MAP the book could use it as an enhancement to the 90-day guide.

You'll notice that in the 90-day guide I broke up the relaxation and energy work sessions over a week's time. This dates back to the original 90-day guide that I wrote for myself. It was my way to gradually memorize all the steps for a given skill (relaxation, mind taming, primary center stimulation, etc.), so that I could learn a little each day, rather than trying to remember all of the steps for each exercise in one sitting. This becomes less necessary with the CD Companion, since the voice-guided instructions don't require you to memorize anything.

Some people are intimidated by the 90-day program, so I felt that streamlining it for the stand-alone version of the CD program would make it easier to get started. It may be that some start with the CD program and learn that they require more help, thus they could add the 90-day book program, which provides more information and tools to learn and master OBE.

"All roads lead to Rome," is a good way to put it. It's really just a matter of which path is right for you.

Brian Mercer

FriarTed Guest
    I should have searched this first as I just posted this question as a new topic- so am I correct in assuming the 90-Day Guide is not part of the CD Album? Thanks.

monkbiker Guest
    I just purchased the CD's. I've been trying to have a conscious OBE for years.

Decades, actually.

I first heard about them back in about 1968 or so, but no instructions were provided in the book I was reading.
    When I was in college, I guess about 1975 or so, I read about OBE's in Carlos Castaneda's books. I spent ten or fifteen years looking for my hands in my dreams. Nothing.

I bought a bunch of other books on the subject by authors such as Monroe and Peterson and tried the various techniques. Nothing.

Then I came across Robert Bruce's work on the internet. I guess that was in the late 90's sometime. I spent a lot of time using ROPE. I get a lot of energy sensations, but no conscious OBE's. I have the MAP book as well and worked through that. I got to a certain point but nothing was happening. After a 12 or 15 months I put it aside.

I might be getting out during the evening but I can't recall anything so maybe it's a memory reintegration issue.

I just took my Reiki III class this past weekend - that's been taking a lot of my attention. I don't know if practicing Reiki will help or hinder my efforts to have a conscious OBE.

At any rate, when I saw the CD's I just bought them without even thinking twice. Who knows. Maybe they'll do the trick.

Yeesh. I've been working on this for 32 years. SOMETHING'S gotta give.

Blog Entries
    I just took my Reiki III class this past weekend - that's been taking a lot of my attention. I don't know if practicing Reiki will help or hinder my efforts to have a conscious OBE.
    I can't imagine how it could hinder you. I think it would help, if anything.
    At any rate, when I saw the CD's I just bought them without even thinking twice. Who knows. Maybe they'll do the trick.
    Hey, they worked for my hubby, who was about as grounded as they come.

Yeesh. I've been working on this for 32 years. SOMETHING'S gotta give.
    Don't give up. You can do it.
    I sound like one of those 'Deep Thoughts' sketches, don't I?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.