I've discussed kundalini briefly with Benjamin Bruce and he recommended meditation to stabilize the mind. Mental discipline is also important, and the ability to focus on one thing at a time. This can be done daily until a strong mental discipline is developed. He mentioned that a ball of energy is often visible over the third eye when a satisfactory level of meditation has been conducted for the "safe" rising of kundalini.

It seems that there is so much misinformation and misinterpretation on the web about kundalini in general that it is difficult to guide someone along that path. I've heard that physical grounding is a great technique to employ when in the processes of kundalini rising or rapid spiritual ascension. It would seem to make sense to get heavily involved in doing something physical to snap your mind out of being focused on the kundalini, and continue doing this until you are "grounded".

I've found that the worst impact I get from kundalini is emotional, and losing emotional stability - more so than losing mental stability. However it seems that the energy causes such a profound transformation on so many levels that it is almost impossible to understand the phenomena in itself in the first place.

Warm Regards,
Sasha