Thread: Creating energy balls.

akashic610 Guest

Creating energy balls.

This question is about the energy ball technique described in Chapter 2 of Energy Work by Robert Bruce. The technique, to sum it up, is to hold your hands approximately 12 inches apart and with your eyes closed, imagine and feel an electric blue tennis-ball sized energy ball in between the hands. Then you gotta feel the energy ball moving from hand to hand and also through the hands. I'm not having any trouble feeling the energy ball although I'm not that good at it yet since it's my first time practicing it. But I'm having trouble visualizing the energy ball as an electric blue tennis ball sized energy ball. More specifically, I'm having trouble visualizing this energy ball in between my hands. I can feel it, but I can't visualize it. I can, but not very well. My question is, does it matter what I visualize it to look like, just as long as I can actually visualize and feel it? Is it even necessary to visualize it just as long as you can feel it? I have a feeling I will get better at it with more practice but I just need some clarification on the subject. Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries
    Try to move the feeling you get, see if you get results that way. Try to will it going into directions. If you get results, do not bother about the visualisation, but move the sensation.

If you cannot move it, try to visualise the energy balls, move your visualisation, and observe if you can trace any effects of that. If you can, forget about the other feeling, and go with the visualisation.

Try each variant many times and see what works for you.

Me myself I can move the feeling, and that's enough for me. A tangible sensation of energy is a good thing with NEW, I'd say. It's not called Tactile Imaging for nothing.

Good success,
    Oliver

Blog Entries
    Ditto.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

akashic610 Guest
    Thanks for the help, Korpo. Yeah I can move the feeling of the ball, but not very well. Better than I can visualize it though. I just got the book yesterday so I'm sure I will get better with practice. Right now, as far as feeling the energy ball between my hands, it's pretty difficult for me. When I hold my hands in this position, my body awareness of my hands becomes quite concentrated. When I form an energy ball in between them, I don't feel the energy ball. I just kind of know it's there somehow. If I focus on it I can feel it spinning. The only way I can describe it is mentally feeling it, for lack of better words. I can't feel it with body awareness because at this time it's not in contact with my body. It's only when I direct the energy ball through my hands that I can feel it with my body awareness. As if the body awareness of my hands allows me to feel the energy ball passing through them. I also have trouble controlling the speed of movement of the ball. I can move it but not at the exact speed I want to, either a little too fast or a little too slow. Are these things normal considering I haven't even been practicing this technique for a full day(which makes me a complete novice)? Sorry if I rambled; your help is greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    You are making good progress!

Try to relax. It is hard to tear your focus away from your hands if you are tense, and too much focus (of the wrong, tense kind again) can bring tension into your body. Relax - energy work is fun.

Try not to worry too much about exact control for now. Speed depends on internal resistance, there are some bumps to be expected as of now, don't you think? Smaller blockages that will resolve over time and give way to a smooth movement.

It's no wonder you feel the energy balls more in your body, don't you think? The physical body is much easier to feel than the more subtle etheric aura. The physical body is most dense, energy moving in it is quite tangible, especially again if hitting resistances.

Robert says his NEW work gives results pretty soon, often quite tangible in the first session. I have no reason to disbelieve the man. It matches my experiences in that regard with NEW.

Mastery does take a bit longer, though.

Oliver

akashic610 Guest
    Thanks again, Oliver. I guess focus was the wrong word though(maybe). I can't help but have a strong body awareness of my hands when I have them in this position. But in order for me to feel the energy ball spinning between them I have to somehow mentally feel it, for lack of better words. I usually meditate for a bit before I do energy work, so I'm pretty confident that I'm relaxed enough although I could be wrong.

Blog Entries
    Relaxation depends on degree of blockage. The degree of blockage sets the limit of relaxation you can achieve. A person can be in its most relaxed state and still tense. This can be remedied over time. You are just doing steps in that direction.

Mental feeling, awareness and focus are the same for me, or at least descriptions of very similar phenomena.

I think you are doing fine, anyway, and should just try things out. Experiment a bit. See Robert's work as a guideline, the body, the mind and the sensations are yours.

Good success,
    Oliver

akashic610 Guest
    So you can actually have too much awareness during energy work? Would this keep me from feeling energy like I should?

Blog Entries
    No, I don't think so. Did I say that?

You can however focus awareness to sharply. This can lead to tension. Tension is not a good thing in energy work. So there is a certain way to focus that is creating tension, and there are ways to focus that do not. Being gentle is part of it. Trying to feel "the right amount", the range between not enough and too much effort.

You can invest more effort than your current capacity allows to do relaxedly. Then you create tension. You *could* call that over-focusing.

Tough to put into words, though.

Oliver

akashic610 Guest
    Thanks a lot for your help. I just needed clarification that I'm on the right track so all my efforts aren't in vain. I'll just keep practicing!