Thread: Walking on broken glass

Seafury Guest

Walking on broken glass

I just wanted to post this one because I think it's a positive dream, but I'm not sure. Any idea's are welcome.

Near the beginning I was at what I considered to be my old friends, the Drivers, house, but it was basically demolished. I was in barefeet and I was attempting to traverse the wreckage which mostly consisted of broken glass. I was thinking to myself that this was going to be painful but amazingly I found that it wasn't. In fact I had to walk quite a ways through sheer broken glass in barefeet and when I got to the other side I found that my feet didn't hurt at all and weren't cut. In fact I started go a little lucid at that point because walking on broken glass is a little distressing, so I actually consciously added a few scratches when I was looking at my feet, but I was aware that this was a conscious addition of what I thought I should be seeing, not what was actually there.

Later I was at my dad's house and my mom was there, she had a big bag of Tostillo's chips, which are notoriously large tortilla chips. She had some kind of blender device and was using it to break the chips down into smaller pieces for me. Later I was eating the chips and checking out what was on cable. I was specifically looking for an NFL football game that I knew to be on, but all I could find on every channel was the same coverage of some politics, the US presidential election maybe? I
    wasn't quite sure, but I knew I wasn't interested and wanted to find my football game. Eventually I found a basketball game. I specifically remember there being a blocked shot and the crowd and players going wild.

I remember my mom giving me some advice about my vacation, on which I was visiting her. She was telling me to leave later and basically be late for work the next day. I told her that I didn't want to be late for work, but she kept telling me that I should basically stay a little longer, because I
    was visiting her, and drive home overnight and be late for work. Sidenote: I just got back from a two-week vacation visiting my mom who lives 14 hours driving time away.*

Eventually I was leaving to go jump in a cab with a buddy, I ran outside, and it was rainy and wet out, I noticed that I still wasn't wearing any shoes, so I ran back inside and grabbed my shoes, which also had my socks bunched up in them. Then I ran back to the cab.

I think I can piece together a lot of this dream, but the politics thing baffles me. I don't really know what that had to do with anything.

Seafury Guest
    Also, feel free to comment on any part of it, not necessarily the politics part.

Alaskans Guest
    Personally, I think of politics as not having a shred of decency left in it. The only 'decency' is just a front so the populace wont know it is all evil and rebel (rebellion costs the government big $$$.. cant have that!). In a way, politics is tha same as tv. Tv tries to make you complacent, grab your attention, go buy thier products, controll you, but the producers really dont care about you, youre only $. You trying so hard to watch a football game but being unable to really lays your attachment out on the table doesnt it? In my practice attachments are bad, I havent found anything incorrect about that idea.

Seafury Guest
    mm, I suppose you could say I'm attached to football. As far as tv goes I maybe turn mine on once or twice a month. Not a tv watcher. In fact one of the only things I do watch on tv is football.

Seafury Guest
    I searched some dream symbols online and found these tidbits.

Television
    To dream that you are watching television, represents your brain, mind and its flowing thoughts. It shows how you are receiving, integrating, and expressing your ideas/thoughts. The programs you dream of watching is an objective view of the things that are in your mind.

Election
    To dream that you are at an election, represents a choice that you need to make which may affect others.

Makes a little more sense to me now.