Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: mantras for chakra activation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sono
    Thanks for the redirecting to the amygdala posts - I have read about this before (always a bit thrown because I think someone has mispelled the spanish for tonsils!! )
    I had the same thought when I first read about them. I have always wondered what the name for amygdala is in spanish, since it's already taken for tonsil (amigdala).

I am slightly concerned with mantra usage, that one might begin to do the repetitions mechanically, so although I do use mantras I change them every few weeks. Am sure that different sound waves impact on the physical brain structures as much as on the etheric ones.. . ?
    Frankly, when I first did mantras I had no idea that they were for a specific meaning or usage- we were taught (so many years ago) that the reason for a mantra was to use to empty the mind, so that any word would do as long as it wouldn't trigger an association. So I guess if you're trying to evoke a certain feeling via vibration, doing them 'automatically' probably won't make any difference. So,
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

asalantu Guest
    Hi CFTraveler...
    Look at my comments, please...

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by sono
    Thanks for the redirecting to the amygdala posts - I have read about this before (always a bit thrown because I think someone has mispelled the spanish for tonsils!! )
    I had the same thought when I first read about them. I have always wondered what the name for amygdala is in spanish, since it's already taken for tonsil (amigdala).

Comment: Word "amigdala" (or "amygdala") designates all structure of human body whose geometrical shape is similar to an almond. There are two amigdalas near throat as there are two amigdalas above nasal cavities inside brain structure.

I am slightly concerned with mantra usage, that one might begin to do the repetitions mechanically, so although I do use mantras I change them every few weeks. Am sure that different sound waves impact on the physical brain structures as much as on the etheric ones.. . ?
    Frankly, when I first did mantras I had no idea that they were for a specific meaning or usage- we were taught (so many years ago) that the reason for a mantra was to use to empty the mind, so that any word would do as long as it wouldn't trigger an association. So I guess if you're trying to evoke a certain feeling via vibration, doing them 'automatically' probably won't make any difference. So,

Comment: If explanation about mantra structure and purpose was as simple as a mean for to get a clear mind, why not to use a general mantra as easy (of to remember) as: OM. My opinion about this is (and is not my will to impose it to anyone but to promote healthier discussion) mantra sound structure has a reason behind and it is to build a complex wave pattern with a definite purpose. Similar reasoning has behind hemi-sync patterns. They acts like an aid in order to emulate inside brain receiver a brainwave pattern characteristic of a gifted individual. Is a back-engineering strategie applied to human brain behaviour.[\quote]

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Ángel

Blog Entries
    Ah! Thank you.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.