Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Jesus...

Blog Entries

Re: Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk
    (snip)...the issue of academic credentials was initially essential, but will no longer be relevant once we actually engage the ancient texts and the modern (not the outdated) scholarly consensus.
    Don
    That's all I ask.
    I have no desire to victimize you or anyone, and will keep to the best of my abilities this from happening. However, at the first redirection of the theme towards personal insults, from anyone, it will be locked.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

rapidlearner Guest

I would love to see evidence.

The problem we have is keeping it short enough so that it remains interesting.

Please share and remember that now you've exposed your credentials, you're like a gladiator in the areana full of snipers waiting for the big guy to slip up

Oh and if I don't reply for a while its because I'm really busy at the moment but I definately will. Being 'The Author' I feel like I've created a monster!

Kunama Guest

I too am really interested, please keep posting, - there are not many opportunities to read or learn about this. So please post away

star Guest

Beserk, I feel like your teasing us. I was entranced by this entire thread until I got to the point where you decided to quit posting, doh!

Blog Entries

New Thread: The Historical Case for Jesus

I decided to allow the thread that will be titled "The Historical Case for Jesus". It will be in the "Expanding Awareness" forum.It has been split to avoid comments about the value of religion to get mixed up with ideas of whether Jesus existed or not, or whether things happened the way we've been taught they were not.
    I will post a link to the new thread, with a warning:
    This thread is going to be informative, and not a platform for arguments of belief or conviction. No one, not even me, will be allowed to make any comments that are personal about the poster, including their profession or lack of it.
    So if you disagree about a source, you argue about a source, not about the person writing the post, regardless of your personal feelings about that person.
    This is not debatable.
    I will delete posts that are about another person, and I will ban whoever continues to include comment about the other person.

Here is the new thread for those who wish to read or participate:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11317

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlearner
    Hi! Long time no post

OK I just watched a documentary about the difference in what Muslims believe Jesus is/was compared to the Christian view. As you can imagine, they were both different and both adament about what actually happened and who he actually is.

I would like to know from anyone that has ben able to transgress time or go to the Akashaik (spell?) records and is able to explain Jesus' purpose, who he was and about his life in the physical reality that we live in now.

If you cant visit the records I would still be interested in your opinion and how he fits in the Astral or if you even believe he was a profit of God... Or God himself!

Thank you
    I have no direct knowledge via Akashic records nor have I met anyone in the Astral. But I do know from physical records that there is murkiness in the stories we have been told. The recent discoveries of non-mainstream gospels which contradict the idea that Jesus was 'the Son of God' or that show Judas in a new light as the most favoured rather than the traitor history has condemned him to be, or that portray Mary of Magdalene as the most favoured & knowledgeable rather than the whore the Church makes her out to be suggest there is something awry.

Even from the Bible, it is apparent there is something fishy, apart from how the Shepherd becomes a Fisherman. (the time of the Christ was the transition from Ares (Ram) to Pisces (Fish)) The Church was basically formed by Saul, (later Paul) a tax collector who, out of everyone's witness, was supposed to have been struck blind by the vision of Glory. He was basically the founder of the Pauline Church.

The next couple of centuries were pretty much a battle between the Church of James & the Church of Paul. Paul seems to have re-emphasised the Church into something that allowed 'Authority' to intercede between an individuals & the God that the Christ came to tell us about.

Co9nstantine formalised the Pauline doctrines in the Nicaean Council with the expressed purpose of stabilising the Roman Empire - in other words, he turned it into a tool for control of the various warring factions. From that time on, anyone who disagreed with the established dogma was hunted down & killed.

From the Gnostics through the Caspars, to the witches & Heretics, anyone who had any thoughts about spirituality other than what the Church decreed was killed, usually after tortures that make the Nazi's look like Mother Theresa. Only their fanatical devotion to stopping an unstoppable Science brought them down - eventually pure knowledge reduced their control & Governments could actually govern without deferring to the Holy See.

Along the way came Mohammed, a man who became incensed about the Jews failing to recognise him & so began yet another set of religious hatreds. In one way, religion can be seen as a succession of hatreds, all based on the concept that 'I am right & if you disagree you should die'

But in another view, religion, in spite of the hatreds it brings, has somehow inspired many good things. Or maybe it's because of the hatreds it inspires good things - every strong passion seems to cause its opposite.

The differences between Judaic religions are as bitter as any family feud. The Arabs are first cousins to the Jews - yet their hatred is legendary. They are the children of Jacob & Esau. Christians fought wars to conquer Israel based on hatred of the people who crucified the Christ, ignoring entirely the fact he seem4ed to seek out his destiny. Let's face it, if a man, even The Man, knows where something is going & actively brings it about, are those implements of his destiny actually guilty or are they simply pawns. Did Caiaphus, Annias(sp?) or Pilate have any choice in what they did if the Son of God & God himself wanted it to happen?

Religion is a horribly murky place. Both the possible glory of Mankind & also the manipulative, controlling, destructive tool of the Dark. The only way to treat it is to take at face value the few words of Christ that seem to have survived even Paul. Do unto others as you would be done by; Love thy neighbour as yourself.

Anything else opens the door to manipulation & control by those with ulterior motives.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Berserk Guest

[journyman:] "The recent discoveries of non-mainstream gospels which contradict the idea that Jesus was 'the Son of God' ...or that portray Mary of Magdalene as the most favoured & knowledgeable rather than the whore the Church makes her out to be suggest there is something awry.

But these noncanonical Gospels are so late and transparently inauthentic that modern scholars seldom feel that they muddy the waters about our knowledge of either Jesus or Mary Magdalene.

[journyman:] "Even from the Bible, it is apparent there is something fishy, apart from how the Shepherd becomes a Fisherman. (the time of the Christ was the transition from Ares (Ram) to Pisces (Fish)."
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Jesus was neither a shepherd nor a fisherman, though he occasionally went fishing with his disciples who had been fishermen. The astrological parallels are irrelevant and not part of any first-century Christian mindset.

[journyman:] "The Church was basically formed by Saul, (later Paul) a tax collector who, out of everyone's witness, was supposed to have been struck blind by the vision of Glory."
    __________________________________________________ ________

First, Paul was a tentmaker, not a tax collector. Second, Paul formed only one small segment of the church. He was just one of the missionaries sent out by the Mother Church at Antioch. Other major missionary bases were Jerusalem and Transjordian Pella. Paul did not pioneer the churches in major Mediterranean centers like Antioch, Alexandria, Ephesus, and Rome. So what on earth are you talking about?

[journyman:] "The next couple of centuries were pretty much a battle between the Church of James & the Church of Paul."
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

No, the church of James, preferably designated the Jewish-Christian church, was very small, not widespread, and lacking in any significant influence on the wider Gentile church. It comprised a few tiny groups of "Ebionites," "Nazareans," and "Elchasaites" amd generated a tiny amount of literature (the Gospel of the Ebionites," "the Gospel of the Nazareans," "The Ascents of James," and "the Pseudo-Clementines"). Nor did Pauline Christianity have much influence until the Protestant Reformation led by Luther in the 1500s.

[journyman:] "Paul seems to have re-emphasised the Church into something that allowed 'Authority' to intercede between an individuals & the God that the Christ came to tell us about."
    __________________________________________________ ________

Just the opposite! Paul was anti-authoritarian and championed a gift-based church structure that included several female leaders. This was too unstructured for Catholics who replaced it with an authoritarian structure (bishops, elders, deacons) that eliminated female leadership.

[jurneyman:] "Constantine formalised the Pauline doctrines in the Nicaean Council with the expressed purpose of stabilising the Roman Empire - in other words, he turned it into a tool for control of the various warring factions. From that time on, anyone who disagreed with the established dogma was hunted down & killed."
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________

No, Constantine was Arian and his heretical Christology was rejected by the Catholic church. The 2 Councils of Nicea had little to do with Paulinism. Nor can you back up your over-the-top statement about subsequent persecution of Christian minorities. The Spanish Inquisition and the persecution of the Cathars and witches was of course deplorable. But in general, such persecution was merely occasional and relatively rare.

Don

Berserk Guest

Journyman,

You create the impression that Jesus was by vocation first a shepherd and then a fisherman. There is no evidence for that. Jesus was a carpenter prior to His public ministry (Mark 6:3). In a figurative sense, Jesus promised to make His disciples "fishers of men (mark 1:17)," but that was their role, not His. The thought just occurred to me that you may have had in mind Jesus' figurative Good Shepherd discourse in John 10 and the early Christian fish symbol that was used as an acrostic to express some of Jesus' messianic titles. This Good Shepherd image was sometimes used in early Christian art. And we know from early Roman catacombs (2nd century) that the Roman church used the fish as the symbol of their community. The Greek word for fish "ichthus" was used as an acrostic with each letter standing successively for "Jesus Christ, son of God, Savior." In Greek "Jesus" is "Iesous;" Son of God" is "theou uios;" "Savior" is "soter." But there is no evidence that this had anything to do with astrology. On the contrary, from the late first century on, the early church condemned all forms of magic, including astrology.

Don

SP3 Guest

According to the Bible, he died for us and opens up heaven to us all who believes in him and follows the truths he shared and lived, leading by example.

I believe he came as truth and an example to us all on our relationship with our selves, to others and to God. "Do unto others as you would have do unto you", such simple and powerful truths. He didn't overcomplicate anything.

Has anyone met or been taught anything by Jesus in the astral?

Blog Entries

Yes, but it's personal.
    If you can do me a favor and post it in it's own thread I'd appreciate it. I don't want to dig up this thread which was so full of.....hostility.
    Thanks.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9