Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: "Out-of-Body Experiences Simulated" - with link in

White wolf, we are coming from two fundamentally different worldviews, so I can't get you to agree with me, but let me explain: You could have gone to every single country and met every single person and it would not matter. Like I said, hardly anyone knows their true nature. Humans on earth are just a grain of sand and what humans can be like is a beach. Reality is an illusion and so anything is possible. It's not about holding fluff-bunny ideas near and dear to my heart, I tend to have a very bleak and cynical view of the world actually, it's a matter of what makes sense to me given my experience.

It doesn't matter if paying attention to tragedy is good for survival, I don't see human nature as being the result of survival of the fittest. People say all the time, this or that is human nature, but no one is truly equipped to judge. People say, "everything thinks like this, everyone does that" and they are just talking about themselves. The way I see it: the world is dark, cruel place that corrupts and twists us and then keeps us that way. We all have a vibration and the general low-vibration environment of earth keeps us low-vibration too using a metaphysical mechanism similar to the way that two pendulum clocks next to each other on the same wall will sync-up in time. I see human nature as passive and moldable, too willing to confuse the negative influences that mold them with their true selves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mage
    The way I see it: the world is dark, cruel place that corrupts and twists us and then keeps us that way.
    Well, it certainly tries. For that vast majority of people, breaking free of the ego corruption and learned behaviors and so on is nearly impossible.

We all have a vibration and the general low-vibration environment of earth keeps us low-vibration too using a metaphysical mechanism similar to the way that two pendulum clocks next to each other on the same wall will sync-up in time.
    Hmm. Well, I would agree that it's very, very difficult to resist the tendency to be sucked in to the darkness and mediocrity and low vibration of the world.

However, I believe that the reason that it is so hard to break free from it is for the purpose of giving us something to struggle against. Same concept as weight lifting. The resistance builds strength.

I see human nature as passive and moldable, too willing to confuse the negative influences that mold them with their true selves.
    I would agree with that, generally. I don't think much of humans as a whole. I have great respect, admiration, and affection for some specific humans, but humanity is a different matter.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    It seems like a very harsh way of putting into words that we are here to learn something. In fact, if we did detach from the outcomes more, reduce our ego-driven cravings and listened to inner guidance, we could have this easier. The world is not really a dark place.

Of course, there is always a certain resistance to overcome, within ourselves and without. This keeps our drive to learn something going. Still, the biggest misery comes from within, and that is every time our ego denies us growth by preventing change.

Every person learns something in every life. Every experience counts in a way. In the big picture it will make sense, even if it does not now.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    The world is not really a dark place.
    I'd like to believe that, but the experiences of this lifetime and, if my apparent past life memories are any indication, other lives, have led me to conclude that other people are hell.

It might be argued that I agreed to the lives I've had, or that it was karmic, or any number of other rationales, and I might agree with them in principle, but the fact remains that I've seen and experienced a tremendous amount of very negative intentions and activities, including some that I'd consider borderline evil, and almost all of those things were enacted by human beings.

Hence my fairly low opinion of humanity.

And on a less personal level, I've read and studied a great deal of history. If anything will give you a bad view of humanity, it's reading history...
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    OlderWiser,

sometimes hell is other people. And sometimes they can be heaven. I still don't think the world as a whole is a dark place, there's a place and space for all kinds of lives.

You see, I have studied history a lot. But still I don't think that human nature ultimately prevents heaven on Earth. It's just hard.

I prefer to think of Earth as a very tempting and also sometimes an extremely tough place. Still it allows for happiness, learning and growth, often astounding.

Which one is true depends on you and how you look at it, don't you agree?

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Oh, I've learned how to see and find beauty and love and joy. But that's because I've learned to see it or find it or make it. I still think the world's a pretty nasty place for the most part. The joy and love and beauty is here but you have to work for it.

Or maybe only I do.... Hmm.

Blog Entries
    From your posts I guess you know well that faith and work comes first. That does not mind happiness and joy are as elusive as they may seem.

Oliver

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4