Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Definition of energy

gigaschatten Guest

Definition of energy

"Energy" seems to be the no. 1 new age buzzword and I mostly receive baffled faces and stuttered explanation attempts in response, when asking what energy does mean in the context of new age theories. I know the scientifical meaning, but that does not seem to fit at all.

I would like to hear your clear definition of that term, Mr. Bruce.

Blog Entries
    Please allow me to answer this one for you, using Robert's works. I hope this is the kind of thing you're seeking.

Pure consciousness is energy and energy knows no boundaries. Imagination, intention, and energetic actions are all expressions of consciousness and energy.
    (Introduction "Energy Work," Robert Bruce, 2007, Hampton Roads Publishing Inc)

Energy can be physical, mental, emotional, creative and spiritual. Life energy may be labeled Chi, Prana, Huna, Odic force and Orgone. The universe is an expression of energy and consciousness. All living things and non-living things are energetically connected.

The cells in your body are alive with bioelectrical activity and this produces biomagnetic fields. You also have an energy body beneath this layer with complex subtle and spiritual structures. You can move and feel the movement of energy in this body. It overlays the physical body like a template, it has multiple layers and energy centres.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/search...eferenceID=254

http://www.astraldynamics.com/search...eferenceID=237
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Warning: Rant

I think Energy is energy, regardless of what we call it. I think we as westeners have a tendency to slap the 'supernatural' label on anything we don't understand, and then when we use terms that used to be relegated to mysticism and religion, we think 'supernatural' and 'not of nature', but IMO if it exists or manifest, (or even if it hasn't manifested yet) it's natural. So if you look at the physical term energy='the ability to do work' I can't help but say that this applies to anything the 'New Agers' term energy, even if this is not obviously apparent.
    For example: The term 'emotional energy' sounds new agey, but frankly, having emotions takes energy, physical (the ability to do work) energy. Because even feeling something takes the physical activation of chemicals and electrical activity in our bodies. So energy just 'is'.
    It doesn't surprise me that nowadays ghost-hunters use things like emf meters, gaussmeters, thermometers evp recorders, all these machines that basically detect abrupt changes in ambient energy to support paranormal claims. Why? 'Cause when spirits manifest, they use physical 'energy' to do so. That's why people get 'cold spots' and such, because the manifestation is using up energy to manifest, and we feel it as cold.
    What about energies that don't seem physical, like 'life energy'? Well, dying people have been measured to lose a very small amount of weight when they die (don't have any quotes, but this is almost in the popular domain) which may show that it's physical energy.
    Energy can express or not- there is 'potential energy', which pretty much covers anything not discussed above.
    So, I just think that the main fault of the New Age movement is to use terms which mean one thing in science and another in metaphysics, such as 'dimension'. But we're learning.
    So, no, I don't think the term 'energy' means something else in metaphysics- I think we have a tendency to think of metaphysics as 'supernatural', and that's where I think we're wrong.
    IMO if it exists, it's natural.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Chi, the life force or energy the Chinese keep on talking about is as CF described. Dr Yang writes how many methods of physical body energy work actually make use of electro-magnetic field differences and potentials, creating flows of bio-electric current. The Chinese also take note of several different kinds of Qi, post-birth, the energy you take in by using food and air to fuel the processes in your body, and pre-birth Qi, which describe the innate processes of your body, like the interactions of hormones, encyms and neuro-transmitters. All of these are clearly defined chemical reactions requiring energy.

If you look at the "Holographic Universe" by Talbot you"ll see that even the aura field can be physically measured. IIRC with a myometer - a device for recording muscle activity. In another book I read as a teenager (maybe "Superlearning"??) it was said that the acupuncture meridians (energy exchange lines of the etheric body) can be pictured on fluorescent screens, at least IIRC.

All of this requires actual energy. This is not a new-agey thing. If you influence your circulation, you need physical energy. To reinforce your immune system you need energy. Changing the state of your brain requires energy.

What usually makes people confused is the fact that there are myriads of ways of describing how the mind, our basic consciousness, interacts directly with these energies. The actual mechanisms are not yet understood, but our awareness is capable of manipulating energy, understanding it, experiencing it, and we don't even know how. The experience is highly subjective, and so confusion arises. Until ways are found to document this better objectively, some "new-agey confusion" about the term "energy" will persist.

Oliver

gigaschatten Guest
    @Beekeeper: Sorry, but your answer lacks nothing but clarity.

@CFTraveller, Korpo: So you mean that it has the same definition as in science, that is roughly said "work potential"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaschatten
    @Beekeeper: Sorry, but your answer lacks nothing but clarity.
    She was just quoting instances in which Robert talks about energy and how it expresses in the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaschatten
    @CFTraveller, Korpo: So you mean that it has the same definition as in science, that is roughly said "work potential"?
    IMO, yes.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

gigaschatten Guest
    Thank you then. I've got to meditate this over.

Akorah Guest
    I don't think the definition changes much from that of the dictionaries.. "a source of usable power" only you are talking in terms of spirituality i.e psychic/paranormal/godly phenomena.

In hermetics, everything is mind and everything is energy but at different frequencies and different levels of mind. So I guess if you want to get technical about it you could describe it as "naturally abundant potential quanta of creational substance, useable in one form or another".

planet Guest
    Well , I think that everything that moves (motion, kinetic) is energy itself.

The best example I can find is a nuke blast. There is an "energy" liberation that creates a shock wave made of radiation particles at the first strata layer. Then the same energy liberation creates a lighting shock wave, then it comes the heat wave, then the crask wave made of compressed air and heavy particles, etc, etc.

Out of that I think that "Energy" animates layers strata of substance, starting from a very subtle level on its way to a denser and slower rate of motion (substance strata) where this energy finally extinguishes itself by comsumption.

I think that reality as well as astral pools are nothing but substance strata that can be molded by consciousnes (pure energy) when the right consitions are met.

Akorah Guest
    nice theory planet.. i like it!