Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please Read =D

Quote Originally Posted by journyman161
    I doubt ulcers are caused by eating heavy foods.
    Ulcers are cause by acid eating away at the stomach lining. When the body is in a prone position, digestive acids leak out of the stomach, back into the duodenum. This acid will eventually cause duodenal ulcers.

BTW, this was explained to us by a doctor as a possible explaination as to why my sister and I both had ulcers as young teen-agers. Eating late at night was not our habit. Our ulcers were stress induced.

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    Kidding aside, eating any kind of heavy food right before bed will cause indigestion. This will, in turn, cause any manner of strange, disturbing, funky, and/or celebrity-filled dreams.
    I dreamed about Britney Spears the other night. That's what I get for eating pizza right before bed!
    Note to me: Don't eat pizza before bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    Quote Originally Posted by journyman161
    I doubt ulcers are caused by eating heavy foods.
    Ulcers are cause by acid eating away at the stomach lining. When the body is in a prone position, digestive acids leak out of the stomach, back into the duodenum. This acid will eventually cause duodenal ulcers.

BTW, this was explained to us by a doctor as a possible explaination as to why my sister and I both had ulcers as young teen-agers. Eating late at night was not our habit. Our ulcers were stress induced.
    But eating food neutralises stomach acids, so leaking of stomach acids into the small intestine would be more likely on an empty stomach than a full one. Ulcers can cause indigestion problems to be worse but indigestion is a result of reflux & gas.

It's a small point but while certain types of food may bring on such symptoms, merely eating a heavy meal is unlikely to cause more than burping.

The duodenum is at the exit of the stomach, not the entry so leakage into there is unlikely to bring on dyspepsia. (I had a sick mother & learned about this stuff as a kid)
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Blog Entries
    If you want to have a lucid dream, I highly recommend rhythm napping, a process explained on the Saltcube website.

You may find you'll have to develop some control before you attain your desired dream but you may be a natural. I see nothing wrong with using lucid dreams for fun and I've tried to encourage my kids to develop lucid dreaming rather than spending so much time on interactive games.

If you can, do reality checks as often as possible through your day. Mean it when you check to see if you're dreaming. Also, practise awareness and being in the now as much as possible. Use your senses when you do this. Affirmations at bed time, "I know that I am dreaming. I take control of my dream," also work. You can find a bunch of tutorials on Dreamviews and stacks of information on the net in general.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Ok, I just wish to clarify a few things:
    The cheese thing has been experimentally verified. Some people are from slightly allergic to very allergic to msg, and it is a natural neurotransmitter. This means that it may or may not work for you in the vividness of your dreams. This does not mean it will make them lucid, but it may facilitate it.
    Techniques to facilitate ld, like the ones BeeK. described are helpful, but I recommend reality checks to get you into the habit of questioning reality. Then things like the cheese thing can help facilitate it.
    Ulcers have been experimentally shown to be caused by a bacteria, Hyobacter Pylori. This was known for years by the medical establishment but not disclosed until about 10 years ago, for undisclosed reasons. (My guess is that they didn't want to start giving antibiotics for it since the medical establishment was trying to curtail antibiotic usage for other reasons). Everybody has acid in their stomachs and stress can make it much worse, but usually an ulcer is caused by a combination of factors. Acid reflux is caused by backup into the esophagus by acid, and one *interesting* remedy that seems to work is drinking diluted vinegar, which shows that sometimes the problem isn't acid, but the lack of it. So it's just not so simple.
    I also see no harm in wanting to go to a cartoon land and live a fantasy if you can achieve it. It is a great way to practice your 'creating' skills, if you can do it. I have found when I ld (I don't do it that much) that I forgot where I wanted to go to and end up interrogating my dream characters. But that's just me. *sigh* Ps if you're a Naruto fan you prob. know my sister. Her nic is Oro-something. If you do tell her hi from me.
    Keep practicing and keep us posted!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

star Guest
    If it gives you any more motivation to learn to project. Useing the ethric body - by projecting from the mind can project you into other worlds the same way OBE is used, for some its easier. Yeah, you could visit the "Naruto" world. THe problem being if your using your imagination or dreaming you can't verify that you made it or what you saw was "real" You'l want to learn to project -someway- from a awake and alert state before practicing that. OR attempting it. Also, you might want to take some advice: " Be careful who you tell your stories too." Difference between Mystics and Madmen here.

Hello all,

Cheddar cheese has a lot of calcium in it. Didn't Robert once said that Chewable Calcium pills helped with astral projection? - this might apply also to LD
    Jonathan H

I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too.

Friedrich Nietzsche from Twilight of the Idols

Dweller of the Threshold Guest

My Dream last night

I dont know if it was psychological or what but when I ate pizza last night with sprinkled cheddar cheese on it before going to bed, I had a dream about a celeberty. More like a pronoun because I didn't see any particular celeberties nonetheless knew who they were.

I was outside of a tall sky scraper hotel that looked gray and had huge tinted windows. I was behind a bush and was viewing the hotel. In front of the hotel was a news reporter talking about the hotel. The news reporters exact words were "Good Morning, today is a special day because in this hotel there are 8 celeberties. Take a look at that guy in the front with the camera. He is standing at a certain angle to take a quick snapshot of the celeberties. Problem is, some celeberties left and some are sleeping way up in the hotel". Then I woke up. Not once in this dream was I lucid but the cheese thing did work. This dream was very strange as most of my dreams are. So try it and post your results.

CFTraveler: I think the name your looking for is Orochimaru =D

Blog Entries
    CFTraveler: I think the name your looking for is Orochimaru =D
    I should be ashamed of myself. Don't tell her I forgot.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

ranlinra13 Guest

Dear Dweller of the Threshold

I've never heard of cheese for dreaming, but I did once find a scientific article on eating an apple before going to sleep. They explained the chemical reactions and how it helps you not only remember dreams better, but have more vivid dreams and sometimes lucid.

What is spiritual work anyway? What really happens when a psychic/medium touches in and gets messages? Is it magic or is it a science not yet fully explained? I believe it's a science ready to re-discover. Just like the alchemists of past, everything is connected and altered by its path or what it encounters.

I believe as a shamanic dreamer that everything is connected. The food we eat which cause chemical reactions in our body, in our brain, which changes brain states and awareness. The positions of the stars, planets, and moon on our dreaming. The color of the clothes that you wear to bed - the symbols that you could write on your body before bed, the position of the bed, how many times you wake up, how do you wake up, what positions do you sleep in, how many, what scents do you smell and our will, our intent to set all those combinations of variables in motion to achieve what we need, what we believe.

So, with that dream away with intent and your instincts. Follow your instincts on what to do to help you lucid dream because they may be messages from your higher self or your guides. I read one of the Carlos Castenado books where you told yourself everynight before bed to look at your hands in your dream. I did this for about two weeks with nothing. Dreams - but no looking at my hands. Then one dream, I'm in my dream unaware that I was dreaming and a coworker came into my dream and said "here, look at them!" as he pulled my hands up for me to see. The tone in his voice showed me that I was making more of it than I needed to.

And practice away - whether it is in a scene from a movie or television show. Nothing is a waste of time. When I was little, I grew up in a disfunctional home with an abusive alcoholic father. He would threaten to shoot us and himself, hit us, through pans of hot water and such. I wanted to escape. So, I slept a lot - sometimes 13 hours a day to escape. When things were bad, I would retreat to scenes from tv shows - one was Gilligan's Isle. I would be safe there. Well, now I help children with nightmares and do soul retrievals and teach the importance of imagination to our well being and I believe I'm good at it today because of all the practice I did in those silly worlds - my safe havens.

Sweet Dreams!