Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tibetan dream yoga

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn Lynn
    these categories are size, quantity, quality, speed, accomplishment, transformation, emanation, journey, seeing, encounter, and experiences. sometimes when i am lucid in a dream, i'll pick one of these categories and work with them in order to loosen the hold that the constraints have on my mind. one time i was in a room and i took off a silver ring i wear and i practiced shrinking it down and expanding it to a large size, other times i have practiced teleportation, transformation, things like that.
    Yes, that is one of the things I try to do, too, when I am lucid. And that does happen not as often as for you. Should probably practice zhine more often - it usually increases the chance in my case

I have teleported, too, but it does not always work. This is another obstacle I encounter. Sometimes when I am lucid it seems easy to manipulate the dream, at other times very hard. For example once I tried to "conjur" up a broomstick (had bee reading too much Harry Potter). I thought it should be easy as I remember having done it in another dream - but somehow no broom appeared in my hand. Then a dream person came to me and HANDED me a broomstick. I mean, sure, it somehow worked, I got what I wanted, but this feeling of "done it myselff" had not been there.

what i find interesting is that i am aware of both minds that i have during these times, my waking conscious mind and the sleeping conscious mind,
    Sometimes I have these two memories, memories of two perspectives of experiencing the dream, too. One lucid and the other not

and i perceive the struggle taking place as i work towards breaking through the boundaries.
    I don't recall this. The two minds don't seem to struggle so far. But that might be cause often I choose to just observe what happens, let the dream run it's course and concentrate on staying lucid.

i have in fact fought a battle with knives against a person that looked exactly like me in an unconscious dream, and i still have no idea what that was about
    I never had that honor
    I often dream about fights. Those dreams are not bothering me. Sometimes I am lucid, sometimes not. Sometimes I take part of the fight and sometimes I just observe. I recall walking through a battlefield once, invisible and untouchable.

I know meditation and dreams are not quite the same but by dream yoga the barrier seems to be weaker. In mysticsm often we find "conquering", "fighting", "war" even "destruction" as positive terms. The hindu avatar Rama was a warrior, Krishna ordered Arjuna to fight in a war, the Bible focuses on "holy war" and the Sufies have the Jihad and mean it very differently than the popular interpretation. In my opinion the "inner war" is natural and necessary. It is not really about winning, though, I believe.

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I liked the idea from "Core Transformation" - each part of you has a positive purpose, sometimes they are just bad at following through or not effective in pursuing it. Realigning the part might be way more effective than fighting it.
    Yes, but what needs to be realigned? I mean, is fighting oneself wrong and should be fought? Or should one realign that fight and integrate it into oneself?

Jenn Lynn Guest

Re: Tibetan dream yoga

For example once I tried to "conjur" up a broomstick (had bee reading too much Harry Potter).
    you can never read too much harry potter. those books contain a wealth of information

Tombo Guest

Hi Jenn

Actually I have tried some things you describe. It was quite some time ago. I once was very intersested in dream yoga but could not find anybody else that had some experience, i did not have so much success myself so I stopped. Or maybe it was lack of guidance .... I try to rememeber
    I once did cut my arm of with a knife. It did feel very strange and "sick" in a way. It did not feel good and after the dream. I had the impression I should not do things like that as it is just "not right." I only did that once, though. Maybe it was a natural reaction of my mind, i don't know.

I let myself be killed in dream quite often. usually when somebody hostil attacks me and I dont fight back but just give in. This on contrary does usually fell very good and "freeing"

i tried to mediate inside the LD several times but did not have that much success. Usually I woke up or could not find enough concentration/lucidity to keep my mind steady on something. I should try this again as I only did try it a couple of times.

I'm also interested in your experiences. Did you have any success with Meditiation, Shrinking or multiplying yourself?

I plan to start LD again, what was your most interesting experience?

Mine was, when I layed on the ground in my dream and gave my body the command to let go of my "physical" body and brain. So kind of giving myself the selfhypnotic comand to cut the connection to my brain.trying to dublicate that following from a guy that kind of did a selfhynosis in his dream and then:

Well that one time i started with letting my left dream hand fall a sleep and i fell the nerves from my hand all the way in my brain..then i get a blitz idea..why not give my self the hypnotic suggestion (i was already under hypnosis) to let totally go of my whole brain.

Would be intersting if you could try that and tell me what happened

KR Tom

Jenn Lynn Guest

yeah there doesnt seem to be many people working with dream yoga, my best friend has been a practicing buddhist for a while now, and he doesnt know anybody playing around with this either. it seems to me that some of the more intense exercises work best when you start to arrive at certain understandings along the way.. i think that since i am becoming more fully enlightened to the insubstantial nature of this physical realm as well as the dream world, its not as odd for me to cause harm to my dream body, it was actually more fascinating than anything... when i first tried it i stuck my hand in a fire and watched my arm burn, but now i can will flames to emanate from my fingertips

i actually did for the first time a few weeks ago make an attempt at multiplying myself, but admittedly i was stumped. i had gone through some other exercises during a LD and then sat on a fence and tried to conceive of how multiplication of myself would come about. its difficult to actually imagine yourself in this state, but my guess is that the key may lie within the capability to do so. im just not there yet

i have on one occasion in particular laid on a bed in a lucid dream and closed my eyes for meditation. im not really sure how to describe what happened other than to say it was one of the most intense and bizarre sensations ive ever felt. it happened very fast after closing my eyes and i tried to maintain that state for as long as i could, but it was only a few moments before i had to let go, i simply could not endure it. i saw darkness, but also strange shapes and colors that i cant describe or even remember. im not sure what i tapped into, but it was WAY more than i could handle at the present time. i sometimes wonder if its the gateway to the next level, kind of like meditation in this physical world opening up the road to lucid dreams or OBE. who knows. ill try it again soon.

i havent tried shrinking myself, only other objects, but i will definitely put it on my list of things to do

I plan to start LD again, what was your most interesting experience?
    man...honestly id have to write you a book, theres no way i could pick just one...in an odd one i had a few years ago, i found myself floating around in an underground egyptian complex, i was in a temple which was only lit by torches. i came to a wall that had a large relief carved into it of anubis embalming osiris, it was spooky and magnetic at the same time, and as i looked at it, my body began to vibrate at a very strange frequency that i hadnt experienced before, it was similar to the OBE separation vibration, but different, and it became more intense the longer i gazed at it. once or twice i tried to get away from it because it got to be too intense, but i kept getting drawn back to it. this went on for a while before i finally awoke. i have no idea what it was about.

im all about trying new things, but im not sure i completely understand what you mean by cutting the connection to your brain.. maybe you could help me by explaining this a bit further, what would your goal be in cutting this connection?

i highly encourage you to move towards lucid dreaming again, 15 minutes of meditation a day will get you there in no time

jennifer

Tombo Guest

im all about trying new things, but im not sure i completely understand what you mean by cutting the connection to your brain.. maybe you could help me by explaining this a bit further, what would your goal be in cutting this connection?
    jennifer

Yeah you are right, I should tell you more. Well the goal is basically to induce a NDE. And I dnot know if it is dangerous or not. I did it once and I experienced something very intense. It was different form my other LD/OBE's.

Well would should you exactly do? It is kind of hard to tell. As far as i can remember I just laid down on the floor closed my eyes and imagined that I pulled my consciousness out of my arms and also out of my "dream" head. Kind of withdraw it from my brain. It is kind of hard to describe also because I only managed to do it once. The source from where I got the idea is:

How i incubate a NDe mm the first time it was a selfhypnosis accident..
    I had already learned my self that if i lay in a ld on bed or at the ground or couch i could desolve my dream body by letting it faal a sleep the same way like i do a wild with my real body in real life..
    So when you wild in your lucid dreams the way i do a normal wild your dream body falls a sleep and desolves your real body also falls then in deep sleep and you also. You reach then the big black void or deep sleep!
    But one time i was laying in my lucid dream and practising wild (funny isnt it wild practising in a lucid dream lol) ,my way to do wild is a mix from self hypnosis zen meditation and chakra breathing and focussing..i call it trance meditation..its much alike the classic yogi does it.
    Well that one time i started with letting my left dream hand fall a sleep and i fell the nerves from my hand all the way in my brain..then i get a blitz idea..why not give my self the hypnotic suggestion (i was already under hypnosis) to let totally go of my whole brain..

i highly encourage you to move towards lucid dreaming again, 15 minutes of meditation a day will get you there in no time

jennifer

What kind of meditation do you use. There are some different types of meditation. what is your technique?

KR Tom

Jenn Lynn Guest

so you're trying to induce an NDE while youre in a lucid state in a dream? this seems a bit odd, but its likely because my understanding is flawed somewhere... my current view of OBE's, NDE's, and lucid dreams is that they all basically result in the same event, which is the conscious perception of an alternate state of being. whether your consciousness leaves the body or whether you simply open up new channels that brings the universe to your mind, or whatever, we perceive a separation of consciousness and physical body. OBE's and lucid dreams have always allowed me to go wherever i choose, im not sure i see how an NDE would differ from this... let me know if you feel differently, and tell me why you want to try this

from the way it sounds, we've done something similar, i did lay down and close my eyes to perform a meditation, but wasnt able to handle what i saw there.. yet.

What kind of meditation do you use. There are some different types of meditation. what is your technique?
    my general rule is simplicity. i do this laying down, but i dont see why it wouldnt work while sitting. 2 months before i started experiencing conscious OBE's, this is the method i used (also, be warned, i have no idea where this method came from, it just occurred to me one day):

id close my eyes and let my mind settle down for 5 minutes, let thoughts wander around, but slowly try winding them down and let my body relax. then i practiced making my mind as silent as possible, i did this at the beginning by counting slowly, id start from one and count upwards and just hear the sound of the number in my mind, and count as high as i could until a random thought would creep in my mind, and then stop the count and start over. (this is one of the hardest things ive ever done, it took me a over month to get to 20, i could only manage to do it for about 10 minutes each day as the force of concentration can be exhausting). once i got the counting down, i started paying attention more to the silent spaces in between hearing the numbers in my mind, this is where the silence is, so i stretched out the time between numbers to increase the silence.

once i had quieted my mind, i would send out my request, which was for an OBE, but there was a trick. i would first conjure up the feeling of excitement in my stomach by thinking of something that either made me nervous or excited or whatever, just something to quickly generate energy in the solar plexus, and once i felt it i would send out my request as loudly and forcefully as i could in my mind (which was as simple as "i want to project!"), and sometimes id try to imagine what it felt like actually flying upwards or floating above my body while continuing to encourage the sensation in my solar plexus.

so, i dunno.... it worked for me

jennifer

Dsmoke Guest

I often practice meditative, healing, and energetic techniques while lucid dreaming. The experience is so tense that it usually lasts less than a minute, and I wake up. It's very euphoric, much more so than in waking life. I think that the more my energy body develops, the longer I'll be able to do it in lucid dreams.

I have practiced manifesting, but not shrinking or enlarging. Well, I do have an odd compulsion to tidy up messy areas in my lucid dreams. I will shout, "Clean this mess up NOW!" and things start flying into place or disappearing. Yes, I know it's goofy

Jenn Lynn Guest

very cool dsmoke, strangely enough it seems that when i want to do things in the astral that i dont quite have enough energy for at the time, i find myself eating lots of food in my unconscious dreams

i have had some experience with healing in the astral, mostly it has been concerned with light emanating from my hands, but so far my experiments with this remain inconclusive. your practices are very interesting, what kinds of manifesting do you perform? also, your compulsion to tidy up is not so strange, do you find this happening in random areas or within your own home or general surroundings?

jennifer

Dsmoke Guest

Jennifer,

Oh how I wish I could just shout, "Get cleaned up now!" and my living room would fly into place But yes, I do have the need for a clean, uncluttered space in my daily life, too, and am tidier than the average person. In dreams, it happens in random places that are clearly in a home.

As for manifesting, I try for whatever comes to mind. I've been yelling for a sword lately, or a book.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast