Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kunlun, ancient daoist practice

Kunlun, ancient daoist practice

Korpo you might find this particularly interesting.

I've been lurking on the tao bums forum and they have been raving about this energy practice and how powerful and effective it is. I will be getting the book and trying it out. here's some info for those who are interested
    http://www.risingredphoenix.com
    Kunlun Nei Gung

In this nei gung method the dormant potential of the students body, mind and spirit are awakened. This method is also referred to as the "spontaneous bliss" practice and is the subject of Lama Dorje's first book, Pillars of Bliss.

Kunlun Nei Gung is a rare form of Taoist breathing practice that has its origins in the 7th century. This practice was created by a Taoist nun while searching for self re-enlightenment in the Kunlun Mountains of China. This practice – the search for the secret – has both inner and outer meaning. It signifies the universal inside (microcosm) and universal outside (macrocosm) which through practice become one, revealing to the inspirant the "secret within the secret".

This treasure of re-enlightenment is composed of three basic levels of breathing. The first level opens the body's nervous system, which is comprised of 72,000 nerves or nadis. The result of this opening is the awakening of the golden dragon, or magnetic body.

The second level involves breath retention practice that generates and circulates the body's magnetic field, removes impurities and awakens the brain's dormant potentials.

The third level composes "waterfall" meditation that brings the practitioner back to the physical level of being. This part is for calming and relaxing the body, mind and sprit of a person.

The end result of Kunlun Spontaneous Nei Gung system is to awake the practitioner's magnetic potentials, the "bliss-body", the expression of the dormant potential of the mind, and to understand the one law that governs all matter, energy, and form.

This practice is not written in any form. It is an oral tradition and must be transferred from teacher to student by a "mind-to-mind" form of transmission. There are hidden keys given to the inspirant after each level of practice is mastered. With over 30 years of Taoist, Tibetan, Mongolian, Hawaiian and American Indian traditions, I am able to improve and improvise on the original practice and make it more adaptable and useable for modern men and women.

Blog Entries
    While I think that mind-to-mind transmission is possible, I am wary of techniques that are taught only this way. Everything should be out in the open today.

I have been very wary of breath retention, too.

This is strange - it mentions Tibetan practices and the entry-level seminar is taught by "Lama Dorje"?

Oh, and I came over this:

When the Level I activates, practitioner will experience tremendous heat and sweating. Uncontrollable trembling, laughing and crying may follow this. This is due to the body is being physically and mentally purified through the process. Other manifestations include, speaking in other tongues, light manifestation around the body, levitation, and inner, or third eye opening. Many will have heat experiences, some may have visions of divine beings, others will have the third eye open so that they will see a bright golden-white eye of light. These are but a few of the experiences.
    (http://www.risingredphoenix.com/subjects.html)

It also sounds a bit like Fire Taoist practices repackaged - breath retention, circulation (I bet this means "Small Circulation") and Qi sinking ("Waterfall meditation"), wrapped in mystery of Tibetan magic...

Sorry, not "my thing".

Oliver

star Guest
    Vase Breathing will bring really strong bliss, i never got very good at it, and only got the bliss a few times on my own.

it's not fire, from others i've learned its a very spontaneous qi gong..very water based. you don't control the energy, you let it control you. level 1 is just a purification process.. similiar things happen during kundalini awakening.

im getting the book soon ill post after i read through it, but the guys on tao-bums know their stuff and they've been raving about it. maybe its worth taking a second look

Blog Entries
    Anything that involves cathartic releases like that is not a water method. It's pure fire.

When you look at the quote I gave about what happens during the release - crying, hysteric laughter, trembling - these are the signs you get when you put your energetic system under shock by releasing too much emotional energy at once, uncontrolled and ungrounded. This can be harmful to the nervous system and traumatising, leading to burnout.

I don't think "Kundalini awakenings" are something to be desired either. It purges by fire, and Kundalini is even called fire often enough. It releases a lot into the system and leaves you to sort out the aftermath.

All these schools that "risk it" by going down these dangerous paths are fire schools, probably even the more extreme ones. They force their ways and ignore warning signs. They develop power, but IMO not insight. And that can be more of an obstacle to enlightenment than a facilitator. The fascination with power and psychic abilities so common in these schools panders to the fear/control ego and leads deeper into its cravings.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    I saw at Tao Bums they got some leg shaking and leg bouncing during the Level 1 exercise - is this what you are talking about?

Oliver

among others yes,

here is what lead me to believe it is water based, a quote from the forum

I find that kunlun allows the front to run up and/or down - whatever it does - and energy harmonizes and then flips around up the back, and then the cycle starts over. That's not the only thing I've found the kunlun method to do, but some part of it anyhow.

I find that my orbit is more naturally open during the day just being around, more than when I've tried other methods of "practicing the orbit".

So there.

yes!

to me THAT'S what makes the kunlun practice a true water method, at least according to my understanding. the orbit does what it does without you being the doer
    i agree though after thinking about it. this doesn't seem purely taoist or water at all. i sense some tantra mixed in there too, especially talks about a "bliss body", but hell I love tantra, so maybe this is my thing.

Pneumaphor Guest
    Orange,

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do anything. I will rather second what Korpo said because he said it well. If you're going to get the book anyway though, tell us the basic gist of the breathing exercise. It never hurts to know another one. I consider it an asset to know about holotrophic breathing, though I rarely use it. I'm suspicious that holotrophic breathing is the same thing but I hope they are different because a serious session of holotrophic breathing will really start messing with the reptilian brain down on the end of spine there and can become somewhat unpleasant as its effect magnifies.

Blog Entries
    Whatever it is, 0range, it is not a water method. Spontaneous Qigong and water method are not the same.

I personally will stay away from it.

Oliver

what is water method? can it be explained without me buying a book? i've bought way too many books lately

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast