Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kunlun, ancient daoist practice

ranlinra13 Guest

Re: Kunlun, ancient daoist practice

Yes - I think it's important to heal your past lifes. I think it's helpful to do that if you work on "becoming one" again. A teacher received information from Spirit about connecting with past lives and healing and bringing them together with you to complete the soul - to become one again. She had information about when our Soul was Whole, then we wanted to learn through experience everything - so our Souls split and started leading parallel lives - some in future earth timelines some in past - all really existing at one time. So, to empower our soul, we would reconnect and become consciously aware of all lessons learned.

I found this fascinating and there are books out there that are really good. Can't remember the exact names - but something like the Akashic Field and the Power of One or Oneness. Some theories of Einstein are in there. It truly is fascinating.

Thank you.

TalkingHead Guest

There is a story in the book about how the guy who taught the technique in the book caused a person to be unable to walk away from a fence. The explanation was that the person was "magnetically" stuck to the fence and the more effort went into getting away from the fence, the harder the person would bounce back into it.
    Yea that one. People have really been raving about Max Christenson (lama dorje), but I've had trouble believing in magical powers ever since I found out Santa Claus does not exist. It looks like the guy has seminars in LA which isn't too far from me, so I'll have to try and verify it myself sometime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH
    I've had trouble believing in magical powers ever since I found out Santa Claus does not exist.
    Hey! Them's fightin' words.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

star Guest

My experiences show me that not all past lives exist on earth, at least for me. I don't mean as ET's either. I'm referring to other dimensions where humans exist, the physics may be wildly different... how would I reconcile
    some in future earth timelines some in past - all really existing at one time
    With a past life as a magical creature in another dimension? I'm not saying its not possible. its just the most confusing thing ever. Even more so becuase i have worked with the spirits of my past lives that are dead. Its such a brain twister.

Blog Entries

It is. Imagine the fact that we can't seem to remember all our dreams. Imagine trying to reconcile something so much bigger. The fact our brains don't explode is-miraculous.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Independent of the power of that Sifu Max/Lama Dorje/Max Christensen guy, I found something else I found disturbing about this Kunlun practice - a technique called "Red Sun" that induces the feeling of dying by lack of air. It is supposed to bring great "progress"...

From the technique I only want to quote the last sentence:

Quote Originally Posted by Max Christensen
    See if you can break the barrier.
    This is only my opinion, but the feeling that leaves me with is not a good one. It gives me a certain impression about what the guy would do and what he would teach, and what could happen to a person that follows his teachings without a lot of scepticism or with an overeager enthusiasm.

I mean, you can follow such a teaching, but be aware that it is risky and you may get burnt, the same feeling I have about the original exercise where you stand on the balls of your feet for 20 minutes - works for some, harms others. Can bring out more than you can handle - depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Tse
    He who stands on tiptoe
    doesn't stand firm.
    He who rushes ahead
    doesn't go far.
    ("Tao Te Ching" as translated by S. Mitchell)

Oliver

maynoth Guest

if anyone has watched the video for max, its hilariously bad. I cant post the link but its so bad it hurts.

TalkingHead Guest

The website is http://www.kunlunbliss.com/indexvid.html

Too bad I couldn't get the video to load for me.

While I imagine the video is hilarious.. I have to admit I have been doing the practice. No major results to report, but when I close down at the end I do often feel an enjoyable energy. I'm still unsure whether I should incorporate some NEW into this practice or try to maintain "complete openness" as suggested in the kunlun book.

Even if all the people surrounding this practice are ridiculous, I'm going to work on it and see if the method is at least useful.

It works, when I actually do it. The visualization helps to set the mood and makes it easier to feel the energy. I find that while wearing a pendant such as the q-link or the silver bullet by xtrememind.com that the energy flow is stronger and easier to feel. First being in the right mood - relaxed and alert - helps. Then move your awareness around your body while doing the actual practice. It doesn't really seem to say much about what to do in your head while sitting there holding your arms up for almost an hour. The detail about raising your ankles / heels off the ground, leaving the toes and the ball of the foot in contact with the floor or ground really makes a difference. It is supposed to act as a switch to turn on the flow of energy. It can probably be explained in some way in terms of regular chi kung, but I'm not familiar enough to do that. Getting back to my main point, by touring your body and feeling your energy as you would do with m.b.a., you will find that from the beginning you obviously have an energy body and you will feel energy. Then you will find while doing the technique that there is a current of energy flowing through you. It can take less than a minute when I am practicing under ideal conditions and it normally takes two to five minutes to get started. It can take up to fifteen minutes when I start out feeling tense and stressed and am farthest from my ideal mood for the practice. The biggest obstacle toward working up to an hour of actual practice (not counting the visualization or the twenty minute cool-down) is that although I enjoy the technique I don't like the emphasis on not being able to mix it with other techniques without having energy conflicts resulting in sickness. Or so they say. I like being able to fall asleep at night listening to binaurals and giving myself reiki. I want to start doing yoga as a way of getting regular physical exercise. Further, I also enjoy working with the third eye as a separate technique rather than trusting the Kunlun to do it for me. A little bit of focus on the third eye as I go through my day is nice. In fact I do it while on the computer as well. Some people who are much more sensitive to energy than I am feel a difference in my writing depending on how centered in my third I it is that I happen to be at the time of writing. And did I mention that I like to combine Kunlun with NEW while I'm sitting there doing the technique? The thing about Kunlun that most intrigues me is that I have wanted to learn the actual tummo meditation (rather than tummo reiki) for a long time and my attempts over the years have led at best to a slight feeling of warmth after a long period of practice. Within a week of small daily attempts at Kunlun, however, I get the gradual buildup of heat that Lama Yeshe describes as being correct for tummo in the book The Bliss of Inner Fire. The sensation of bliss is a bit hard to recognize; it is a pleasure of sorts that is different because there is no reason for it and it is not the result of thinking or anything with the senses. I tend to resist it instinctively for some reason. Watch for that. If you don't get heat or bliss - they both creep up on you without your even noticing - it could be that you are blocking them. Maybe EFT would help even without having a memory of what sensations you are blocking, if you find that you are blocking them. I don't know. I have a clear recollection of how both qualities feel and if I follow through with Kunlun I can use the feelings to get back to them even through the resistance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    The detail about raising your ankles / heels off the ground, leaving the toes and the ball of the foot in contact with the floor or ground really makes a difference. It is supposed to act as a switch to turn on the flow of energy. It can probably be explained in some way in terms of regular chi kung, but I'm not familiar enough to do that.
    Moving your weight on the balls of your feet raises your energy upward or activates the upward current, moving it to the heels sinks your energy or activates the downward current, staying on all points of the foot balanced is neutral. Moving back and forth in balance can by itself help getting a circulation going.

I know it from "Marriage of Heaven & Earth" and "Gods Playing in the Clouds". Shifting your weight adds to the energy flow when moving up or down.

Possible explanation for the standing on the balls of the feet is that pressure is applied to the "Bubbling Spring" points. This raises energy by itself through these points which are located in the center of the balls of your feet.

Oliver

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast