Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Kunlun, ancient daoist practice

alwayson4 Guest

Re: Kunlun, ancient daoist practice

I tried kunlun level 1 yesterday.

It truly does something, I never have experienced before. I experienced the magnetic force, and I started to spontaneously swirl.

I am going to do the 100 days celibacy and practice every day

star Guest

Cool! Kudos on the celibcy thing. Just thinking about it causes me to recoil.

alwayson4 Guest

I gave this up after a week.

What can I say lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    I gave this up after a week.

What can I say lol

Well, you tried.

Oliver

TalkingHead Guest

Yes, so I finally got to see with my own eyes what Max Christenson and his followers are like. First I would have to say that the most impressive part was when he transmitted energy to his students. They were blown backwards or went into fits and were dazed for awhile afterward. Max acted like he was playing around, but there was something a little unsettling about the way he engaged the people afterwards. He was being very playful about the whole thing and would gently slap or prod one of the guys on the floor lying dazed; He kept saying that "we play a lot of games in our group," as if their body being overwhelmed by his energy was no big deal.

I was impressed by Max's presence. He does make you feel drawn to him and he is VERY charismatic. I came to the lecture for a number of reasons and left feeling very glad that I came, because I felt like I was seeing a cult form before my eyes. I don't expect him to go Charles Manson and start having familes offed, but I think he'll make some good money and get a lot of women. Max IS a FORCE.

A number of Max's followers spoke about their experience with the practice. They definitely seemed to look to Max for guidance and approval; seeming much too passive; the kind of people that get taken in. When he was transmitting energy to someone, another student sitting next to me who had been on stage early started to convulse. I felt like he could be competing for the attention, love and approval of Max, who stayed focused on his favorite for a long time after. He replied to his most trepid student who asked if he was going to make her come up front something like; "Yes of course I will not ask you to come up here." Definitely an NLP hypnotic statement designed to confuse and entrance the mind a little.

There was one man who spoke that did have very good presence and gave a convincing dialogue saying that "If you are just curious now, the transmission will take you beyond the comfort of curiosity".

However, the tone of the dialogue sounded too much like marketing. Max gave anecdotes about how accomplished practioners of other schools or macho bushido japanese men were overwhelmed by his energies. He kept emphasizing informality by saying many times; "you see we're like family". Kind of lulling everyone into trust and acceptance. At the end of the night there just didn't seem much room for doubt. d Perhaps Max has reached an advanced energetic state, but I think his underlying complex could be a cross between Jesus complex and control freak.

I did find the description of transmission of energy interesting. Max didn't describe how he did it but rather asked his followers to explain their experience. One student said he was told to resist the flow of energy being given to him, but then his resistance broke down and the energy flowed up his spine. Each time Max, transmitted energy to someone in front he would would say right before: "its okay to resist.." To me it seemed like he was prepping them with the message "Resistance is futile against my powers!"

I would really like to go to the seminar tomorrow.. Even if it is just hypnosis, suggestion, and expectation to get a surge of energy through those means would be interesting and fun, but I would feel like to much of a sucker to shell out $300 for this.

(*Disclaimer: I'm not trying to deliver the final word on this or badmouth the practice. I'm actually going to continue practicing kunlun; I just find it sad to see people totally taken in by it. )

Blog Entries

This is very creepy. That's kind of what I expected when I read short descriptions.

Oliver

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7