Quote Originally Posted by planet
Checking out some threads on this site I´ve found something interesting about learning getting out of body, ..everyone who gets any degree of a success obe by the first time soon or latter finds out that it is almost impossible to achieve a 2nd time oobe..
I think if you dig in some more you'll find that people usually get out once and then try the same way and fail... but when they adapt their approach they usually succeed. There are lots of people that have OBE journals here, and you'll see how we've adapted our exit techniques depending on how we adapt to the changes in our subconscious beliefs and energy bodies.

I do agree we do have built-in 'safeguards' against this type of thing, and it is very simple- survival would be very difficult if you were projecting consciously while you were trying to run away from a hungry sabertooth, let's say. And it would become difficult to distinguish your choices if you had conscious access to all the probable outcomes of a decision- it would make terrestrial life very difficult, and after all, we seem to have incarnated for a reason.

But still, it's so much fun to do those things that you know you can't while in-body, and that's probably why we do it, scary experiences and all.