Thread: question about soul-mates

question about soul-mates

not sure if this is where to ask this but..

almost every time i have a learning "dream",one of my closest friends is with me.
    he goes through all the same "lessons" as i do,but always seems completely unaware of what's going on.it's like the lessons are for me to experience-but he's there anyway.

this lack of awareness is mirrored in real life.any time i try to talk about my experiences,he simply laughs at me.he's never had any interest in spirituality,or other esoteric stuff..

anyway-the more this goes on the more i'm starting to wonder if he is my soul mate.
    when we first met,we were introduced by a close friend.we took one look at each other,and without saying a word-headbutted each other!(yep,headbutted!lol)
    from that moment on we have been closest best friends.each of us has qualities that the other doesn't,and together we are an excellent team.we work together,we make music together,dj together,and everything we take on together,we succeed in.our qualities complimenting each others perfectly.

anyway-like i said i'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this in.
    i've read before that soul-bonded pairs can be friends or enemies,aswell as lovers/partners.

i'd love to hear the opinions of some of you more informed people..
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

I think it's quite possible you two are of a kind - whether soul mates or simply siblings of the same Higher Self or something similar. But there are no guarantees I know of that soul mates are always going to be on the same section of the path - current life situations seem to have effects on what might be seen as 'meant to be' & so sometimes there is a mismatch. Or maybe one day he will 'wake' & find you have the knowledge you both need to progress.

But it's nice to have someone so close isn't it?
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Blog Entries
    Hi, Neil.

Soulmates are people that you have built relations to over several lives, including friendships, romances, and so on. They always seem to be the people that matter in some way most to you in your life, and you just know it. You can have many of those. It's really highly probable your mate is one.

Take good care,
    Oliver

thanks folks.

so it's possible to have more than one then??
    interesting...

Serenity Guest
    It all depends on your beliefs about what soul mates are.

In one line of belief, you have your one and only soul mate. The person who is meant to be with you in one way or another.

In another line of belief, you can have more than one. You soul mates = soul friends. The souls who seem to find each other from life to life. Think of the meaning of Aussie 'mates' - good friends. There is the possibility of being just friends, lovers, or whatever else with this 'core' group.

There are subgroups of each belief. It's all in how you apply it to your own life.

There's a bit to the vocabulary, too. I believe I have had some people around me through many lives, but I wouldn't call them my soul mates. But that's purely a matter of preference.

Blog Entries
    You might find some good information in Michael Newton's book "Life Between Lives. Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression." It's very interesting.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

thanks folks.