In a question to Robert, Donnie Darko wrote the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11283

I have a comment or three, as I think this subject is pretty important and have an opinion (surprise!)

Dear Donnie:
I don't think you have to worry about losing your spontaneous OBEs when on antiseizure medication. First and foremost, even though I wouldn't ask the doctor about OBE practice (the reasons you very aptly described), essentially the main aspect of the practice is expanded awareness and this is mostly done through meditation. So if I were you I'd ask the doctor if it's ok to continue meditating- explain that you like to do deep meditation- I think the medical establishment and psychological establishment considers it safe. It would be interesting to know what their opinion on meditation and epilepsy is.

As to epilepsy-as you may or may not know I've been having spontaneous OBEs since I was very young, and at some point in my life I wondered if they were really seizures. When I had the opportunity I had myself checked. Of course, this was years ago, and the test consisted in having an eeg while they flashed different frequencies in my eyes and probably different sounds in my ears and watched for anomalous brainwave activity. Much to my surprise, they pronounced me epilepsy-free.
So even though there have been studies linking epilepsy to OBE, if you look at the studies in detail the most reported phenomenon is autoscopy, which at least I don't consider a form of OBE. But that's another story.

Anyway, what I wanted to relate is that I have a relative who suffers from epilepsy. He gets grand mal seizures and what they call 'psychological seizures'. (Not a blood relative). Anyway, my sister (his wife) has told me that when he has seizures, he completely loses all consciousness, and she told me (I don't know if this is strictly true) that one of the characteristics of epilepsy is the complete lack of consciousness during a seizure- epileptics feel an 'aura' and can tell when it's coming, but when they seize there is loss of consciousness-and she told me that if you are conscious through a seizure, then it's not epilepsy. I don't know how true this is, but I'm reporting what I've been told.

The reason I'm mentioning this, is because one of the things we do is to try to bring consciousness to unconsciousness when we do OBE practice, so I have often thought that awareness training may be good for an epilectic- it may make you as aware as you can be of an impending seizure, and (in my fantasies) possibly bring some level of control to the event. Of course, I don't know how antiseizure medication works, but I'd guess that it would even give you more control, not less, of your brain state. Of course now I'm just guessing.

One thing I would never never do if I were you is listen to binaural beats, because of their 'strobing' nature. I wager that they could trigger a seizure if you tried to use them. And if they don't I'd be very very surprised.

Anyway, these are my meandering thoughts about the subject. I don't know how helpful they are- but I think you should ask the doctor about meditation. Heck, it can even be a religious or stress-relieving practice.