Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Reality... Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by sash
    In other words, how does this go to say that You are not the simulation and someone else is a genuine essence?
    "Once upon a time, I, Chuang Tsu, dreamed I was a butterfly flying happily here and there, enjoying life without knowing who I was. Suddenly I woke up and I was indeed Chuang Tsu. Did Chuang Tsu dream he was a butterfly, or did the butterfly dream he was Chuang Tsu? There must be some distinction between Chuang Tsu and the butterfly. This is a case of transformation."

http://www3.telus.net/arktos/dream/bfly.html

Quantitativefool Guest
    Wow Sophroniscus,

That quote you put there was wonderful. It can even tie into the alchemical processes of the soul and to the very nature of our will and soul.

-Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitativefool
    Wow Sophroniscus,

That quote you put there was wonderful. It can even tie into the alchemical processes of the soul and to the very nature of our will and soul.

-Stu
    Well, there is some doubt whether this whole subject line is within the scope of this forum. But I say, if all we have are lemons then we ought to make lemonade...

enoch Guest
    kinda like the 'brains in vats' theory.

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    A bit of matrix theory going on here!!

The way I hear it described in Kriya Yoga is that some people experience themselves as being in their own body and in everyone else's body also at the same time. Swami Kriyananda mentions an incident when his teacher Paramhansa Yogananda told someone that he had a sour taste in his mouth. When asked how he knew, he answered that he was in his own body and that of the person who was currently experiencing the sour taste. Naturally, if I'd been there, I'd have asked the guy with the sour taste in his mouth to go brush his teeth.

hroom Guest
    Hi again ppl, what do you advice me to do? How to overcome this problem?? I am going on a psychic doctor this week, but I it will be nice if you give some advices or proofs of that problem - how to live normal again?

sash Guest
    Are you asking for help to solve a philosophical problem that is uneasy on your mind? If this is what you are asking then you must go around the mind, because the solution cannot be found from thinking about it.

Find the silence in meditation that leads to understanding which transcends a rational solution.

I'm not too sure though about if this is what you mean, or if there is something else stopping you from "living normally", if so it is best to elaborate on what the exact problem is.

Warm Regards,
    Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by Akashic_Librarian
    A bit of matrix theory going on here!!
    Well, I don't know. I studied Mathematics in college, but never particularly bothered about matrix theory. In any event, I don't follow the analogy.

Sounds like a movie reference to me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/

I prefer "They Live" after the two sequels to "The Matrix" came out and ruined it for me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast