Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's your totem?

1. Re: What's your totem?

Follow-up to The Chipmunk...
    I was 8 or 9 yrs old...spending 2 weeks at a YMCA kids summer camp up north in Ontario. We were out on the Big Trip...4 days at the end of the 2 weeks away from the actual camp...we were living in tents, cooking over fires...the whole experience. I had wandered off on my own just to experience nature. At one point, I had the Need...I was standing in front of a tree Taking Care Of Business, when I noticed a chipmunk in my peripheral vision. Didn't think anything of it...then noticed a couple more flitting around me...I looked up and any bio activities froze...there were at least a dozen chipmunks spread out in a circle around me. None of them were acting threatening, but key scenes from The Birds did run through my head...I slowly zipped up, and walked away back towards out campsite, spinning slowly to keep them in my line of sight. Once I started walking away, they kind of broke up the meeting and went their separate ways...leaving me with a feeling I had experienced something a little more than just a nature walk.
    Then, years later...just a couple of years ago from today...my wife and I were spending some Away Time at a rented cottage in northern Ontario. It was a pleasant day, my wife was inside doing something, and I was out on the porch sitting in a chair just chillin'. I hear this high pitched screeching and look up...there was a tree just off the porch, and about 4 feet above my head, was this chipmunk. It was on the main trunk, head towards the ground, and was looking me right in the eye, and screeching up a storm. It got my wife's attention, and when she came out, the little guy ran up the tree trunk and disappeared.
    I've spent a lot of time enjoying outdoors...camping, canoeing, hiking...have experienced awareness and exposure to a whole range of wildlife, but nothing ever came close to just plain weirdness as my experiences with The Chipmunk.
    I feel I was chosen to have this creature as my Totem, rather than any concious decision on my part. Reading and talking with others, I realize that with most people with a Totem, this is the way it happens...you don't pick your Totem...it picks you...
    Harry
    "Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to read good books."

Re: What's your totem?

hi i dont know alot about totems,, But one time i had an o.b.e,, i looked out of my bedroom window, And above my neibours-roof-top-house,, i saw a eagle or a hawk, circule 1 and a half-times then it spotted me, ,And within a blink of an eye, it was up against my bedroom window,, i dident see it fly towards my window when it had spotted myself, it had just appeard within a blink of an eye,, and when it was at my window, i noticed it was quite-large,and it had a cats body, with a cats face, it was half cat,and half eagle.. i belive it could of been a hawk because of its colour--was like a dark brown black, and it had a hawks-tail,,its wings curled up at the tips of the wings,, this was my first spirtual-being,,and because of this,i got a bit freaked out,not scared but more angry,because i was reading some books about demonic stuff? and i think for that reason,i thought it was demonic,so i remembered i had a tourch next to my bed so i shinned the light on it,and it just vanished,,but when it dissapeard i started to notice at the top of my bedroom window BLUE-FLOWERE'S started to come in my bedroom long plants witrh blue flowers on it,,, when i was back in my phisical-body i was so gutted that i dident try to communicate with this spirtual-being,,i dont suppose you have ever heard of this being ??, and if you know if i will ever see this being again ??? hope this makes sense thankyou for reading--peace2u..

Edited by CF:
    "Griffon: Spiritual Enlightenment

The Griffon protects hidden treasures and gold mines. Griffon is the guardian to the path of spiritual enlightenment. It has the body of a lion and the head of an eagle and is sometimes depicted with the tail of a serpent. The Griffon is consecrated to the Sun and is often shown drawing the Apollo's chariot across the sky. It is the symbol of vigilant strength and dominates both the earth and the sky."

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems-g.htm
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 7th January 2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added description for Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Just thought it might be a fun thread. If you have a totem animal spirit, what is it?

Mine is a horse. Looks like a mustang, but that just could be the way I visualise wild horses (spent much of my childhood in Arizona ).

Interestingly, my horse was with me throughout most of my childhood. I thought it was an "imaginary" horse for years... It was my companion through thick and thin. Then I sort of lost contact (i.e., I got more interested in material things and for a while lost my awareness of the astral/spiritual), though I always had a big thing for unicorns (collect them still, though I have so many now I'm very, very selective about what I add to the collection).

Then, just this year, my horse came back! Or, rather, I became aware of it (I say "it" because it's never been revealed if the horse is male or female; I'd say it's not very important, and the horse does have a gender-neutral name that I gave it when I was small). Happily, a friend who is well-versed in Native American mysticism and lore helped me to understand about the nature of my equine companion and to work out why, after all these years, I suddenly became aware of my childhood "imaginary" horse again...

Okay. That's my story. Share yours?
    Ive done a bit of complaining around my family about never meeting a unicorn in my dreams or etc. The general concensus in the world is that they are wonderful, so I wanted to meed one. One sweltering night I had a dream where I met a tiny horse-like creature who I felt was a Kirin, though I didnt know what a Kirin was (it probably wasnt tiny, im just big these days). I wokr up and continued to complain about no unicorns. Recently I decided to illistrate the Kirin dream properly, complete with paintings of what I saw. Afterwords I did research on the internet for 'Kirin'.Turns out the Kirin is the original unicorn. Hehe thought you might like that Butterfly

Blog Entries

I see you got in, UR2BU. Good.
    Mine seems to still be the Lion. Sweet sweet lion.

BTW half cat half eagle/hawk sounds like a griffin. Check it out in the totems thread. I edited into your own thread.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 7th January 2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: p.s.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thankyou for your reply. somebody else has also said it could of been a griffon,, but, the tail was like a bird's tail,,(like a kite-bird,, and it had wings witch curled up at the tips of its wings,, iv seen a picture of a griffon,,,and it wasent that,, so i am not2 sure wot it was,, iv found this picture and it was more like this,,but its wings were much longer,,and the colour was dark ,brownish-blackish,,Invincible Lion of the Self Paramahansa Yogananda.jpg thankyou for your reply,, iv also seen this kind of being floating towards my third eye,, it was wavy in motion,, i had to break-away from seeing this image in my inner-eye,,because it sort of freaked me out because i thought it could off been demonic ?? but not to sure,,, thankyou for your reply,, all the best to you,,,images (3).jpg

Thankyou for your Reply,, Yes i did get in ,,in the end,, i used to have an account years ago,, but i 4got my password and stuff,,so i thought id register again,, i had to stop my spirtual-practice,, due to myself having lots of spirtual-experinces,, and at the time i was going through a lot of personal-problems-in my past,, but now things are going good,i am going to start back with my spirtual-practice,,,But have to do some reserch on protection,and stuff,,,, Nice to meet you by the way,,and thankyou for helping mysef, getting back on to this webb-site,, take care,,and all the best... ""CFTRAVELER""

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shirton
    nothing ever came close to just plain weirdness as my experiences with The Chipmunk.
    I had much the same experience with bees. They collected on me while I was meditating. I have always loved honey-bees. Gentle, they are and no threat. Yet, my totem (as is CFT's) is the lion.

My first lucid was about a lion. They show up frequently in my dreams. Besides I admire the cat, large and small, for its perfection of body and instinct.

I guess I'm saying, might you find a power totem. Chipmunks? Well.........
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

I have no idea, never met mine :/
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

My totem animal is a mogwai gremlin.
    "Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But there is, unseen by most, an underworld; a place that is just as real -- but not as brightly lit."

Blog Entries

Well I don't really know but I guess its a cat. When there's animals in my dreams itc usually cats, although I have dreamt about other animals. For instance owl, bear and some kind of bird.
    Since I have three cats I guess that influences me alot, so I really don't know.