Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to determine what is and isn't "real"

SeekingTheTruth Guest

How to determine what is and isn't "real"

This question is similar to Robby's but isn't soley about other people if that even makes any sense.

Much of what we dream is internal, but from my understanding they can have astral qualities. Most of it I can't recall, but a few days ago I had a dream somebody or a group of people were trying to kill me. Why, I don't know. The pain I felt from being stabbed in my side was so real though. And yes, I know that dreams always feel real blah blah blah. Could those who tried hurting me in my dream have been real? And how do you distinguish between your mind and the astral?

Blog Entries
    Oh, boy. I used to have really bad nightmares, starting when I was really young. When I was a child, they were your usual "chased by a monster" dreams. Then as I got older they changed into things like Nazis, demons, and various kinds of assassins. In many of the dreams, they DID catch me and stab me, shoot me, one dream had me in the electric chair... In several dreams I have "died" (it's not true that if you die in a dreamscape you really die, and I am living proof of that).

I believe now, with hindsight and with the spiritual and metaphysical knowledge that I've managed to accumulate, that these were more or less real. I really was, I believe, being tormented by negs of various kinds (the Nazi image is partly because I was living in a haunted building in Germany at the time and partly because, I know now, of an apparent past life). It took years of these dreams before I finally learned how to triumph over the pursuers. Yes, I definitely believe it was real, if not literal.

Was I astral when having these dreams? Possibly. I've had a lot of dreams that I'm sure were astral. Does it matter? Maybe not. The dreams were telling me something true, that I was under attack. Maybe they were literal negative entities, maybe they were just my own many "issues", but I was definitely being sabotaged and hunted, as it were.

Hope that doesn't totally freak you out. I'm just sharing my own experience, and actually, most of my weird/scary dreams were NOT literal. For example, I used to have lots and lots of nightmares about having to live in a haunted house, and now I know that the "ghosts" were just my own issues and stuff that scared me too much to think about (I did eventually get rid of them, though, I'm happy to say).

Unless it becomes a pattern, I wouldn't be too concerned. Everyone has freaky dreams at least once in a while.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Alaskans Guest
    On someones post I think I heard it mentioned that if you try to read something you can tell if it is a dream or an ap?

Blog Entries
    Not necessarily- I find this to be not true in my case. I usually can remember numbers and short sentences in my dreams, and I can also see text in the hypnagogic state and if I have a pen and paper handy quickly write it down. The problem is in remembering it, if I don't jot it down immediately.
    The rule about numbers and letters changing is equal for both dreams and OBE- I think it depends on the person and the level of lucidity of the particular experience.
    About the only time I've verified an OBE to be what it is was by looking at my hands and verifying their 'meltyness' (see Melting hands phenomenon), but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that hasn't worked for someone somewhere.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

ranlinra13 Guest
    Usually when my dream is psychological or relating to my physical life, but not a prediction, the dream feels real - but distant. It is more like feeling like something that happened to you when you were 5 compared to something that happened yesterday. So, when it is more of an attack - in the astral realm or even another dimension, it feels like it just happened, or like it is happening even when I'm awake.

I also feel more anxiety or a need to immediately do something to protect myself when it is a real attack.

When I don't know - I then go into a journey to see what it is. So, you could buy a drumming cd or Robert's HemiSync cd's also work. I would get comfortable, warm and put a blindfold on - the darker the better. I would protect my space prior - circle of sea salt - smudging - that sort of thing - light a candle. I would express my intent. "I plan to go back into my dream only partially to see if this is a real attack on me or what the dream is trying to tell me. So, I would begin to look back into my dream remembering every detail - smells, textures, sound, light, colors, feelings, I would then create a space prior to going into the dream. Say - a safe room with two windows - one if it is more of a symbolic dream on the left, and an astral window - or window to the other dimension if it is real. See yourself standing looking into the windows. If you look into the left and it has nothing to do symbolically, you will see only darkness. If you look into the right, you may see yourself there being attacked. You may lift open the window and crawl in partially to see more. If you do so, you may want to shapeshift into darkness, or crow/raven or turn into air. You will be able to ask to see who is doing this to you and you will see more clearly your attackers. Just note that even real astral attack dreams sometimes also have symbolic meaning psychologically.

Hope that helps.

Blog Entries
    That's cool. When I'm not sure I just take a salt shower. Just in case.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Nick---- Guest
    I feel intuition is the best way to see if something is coming from yourself or outside yourself, sometimes I have meet dream characters who I feel aren't part of my dream. They just don't feel the same, or it seems really foreign. Self-honesty is important, sometimes I dream disturbing things, but when I look at them honestly a lot of times they seem to have come from me, other times they don't.

zipppy2006 Guest
    I've been reading Carlos Castanada's book "The Art of Dreaming." And he says that its your energy body that can determine whether something is real or not. According to Carlos, you need to SEE the energy of dreaming objects, and if they emit their own energy, they are real, but if they are made of phantom energy (your imagination), then it is an ordinary dream. It's a good read I would recommend it.

RyanParis Guest
    Astral travel experiences, unlike dreams, unfold in a logical sequence of events, just as waking experiences do, rather than a haphazard jumble of images, people and locations.

Blog Entries
    Astral travel experiences, unlike dreams, unfold in a logical sequence of events, just as waking experiences do, rather than a haphazard jumble of images, people and locations.
    Very true.. at least for me... sometimes, when OBE,,, I can see dream imagery very clearly as it starts to 'creep' in... i can definately tell the difference... easy to avoid some memory problems if I avoid the noid(falling asleep during obe)
    We Sleep, that we may dream. We Dream, that we may wake. Jonathan Livingston Seagull