Thread: How long can you take to do the course?

Bill Guest

How long can you take to do the course?

Hi, the book says "you can extend the 91 days into 100 days or 110 days or 120 days". Cool. But what if your life's so screwed up that even 120 days isn't enough? Like, what if you can only do a day of the course every 2 or 3 days, thereby taking 182 to 273 days to finish it - is that too long?

Thanks in advance for any help!

nightserpent Guest
    Though I suspect doing the program in 90 consecutive days might be easier, I don't think there is anything that should keep you from doing it at whatever pace you can manage.

For example, it is rare for me to have the opportunity to do my tasks on Saturday and Sunday. But, you'd be surprised how often you can sneak in some exercises just to keep the trail warm, so to speak. If you find a few spare minutes here and there, you can do some breathing exercises, body stimulation, and so forth.

With the holiday season coming up, I expect more gaps in time.

Apex Guest
    This is a common question about the program. nightserpent effectively summarizes the answer that is usually given. No matter how busy the schedule, there are always minutes here and there. Naturally, the time spent is proportional to the amount learned/gained. No time spent = nothing gained. I would go so far as to say that even a day of doing nothing will set you back a small amount.

Personally, if I was that busy I'd devote 10 minutes of some part of the day to basic meditation in which I'd hold my mind clear and run some full body circuits. This does more good than you probably realize. In a week that's over an hour.

Bill Guest
    Thanks guys.

I feel pretty safe now to take as long as I need to. Every day I do SOMEthing like the activities in the course anyway, like writing down my dreams, or meditating (by focussing on my breath, as I've done for years), so I don't imagine I'll go *too* far backwards by missing the energy body stimulation every 2nd day or so. School holidays coming up soon, which should make it all a lot easier.

bastien001 Guest
    Bill,

I don't believe you can wall backwards. Maybe like piano or drawing, you'll need training to find your past profficiency if you'd stop for a long time.
    Personnally, I can practice MAP program, and find convenient to do so, on Saturdays and Sundays. Nevertheless, I practice everyday in the week in travel time at around 1 hour X 2 per day.
    Therefore, I can train at energy raising, mind taming, even sometimes trance.
    This way you can learn everyday.
    And As MAP book says , "Practice, practice, practice"...